Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Amen, animal life over human life. Give me a friggin break........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vick wasn't a great Quarterback to begin with, the only thing he could do was scramble and run away. Hard to do with bars and walls around you. I see a not so brite future for a not so brite piggy. SQUEEEEEEEEEEL

CK

CK
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
CK, you avatar's messed up.

it'll be interesting to see the pleas deal when it comes out. He really had NO cards to play.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Amen, animal life over human life. Give me a friggin break........

Take two or three breaks. Hell, have coffee with them.
The question of human life as applied to Vick might stand some debate. smile
No law says our opinions have to match.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How bout the PETA's thinking the same about folks that kill deer?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
How bout the PETA's thinking the same about folks that kill deer?

I suspect they're allowed to think what they want, same as you and me. We both disagree with them and each other, so there is a common thread there. smile

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Death penalty for animal cruelty are you serious.Lots of people are running the streets after getting out of prison after serving a short amount of time for rape and murder and you want a guy who was mean to a dog hung.Dogs are still animals.I do think what he did was wrong but they are still dogs/animals and people are making a huge deal about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wis30-06shooter
Death penalty for animal cruelty are you serious.Lots of people are running the streets after getting out of prison after serving a short amount of time for rape and murder and you want a guy who was mean to a dog hung.Dogs are still animals.I do think what he did was wrong but they are still dogs/animals and people are making a huge deal about it.

And your point is..............?
Try not to take this place too serious. :)Blood pressure is important you know.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Vick? NFL? Convicted felon? Its why I no longer watch the bastids.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm thinking 2-12 months, a monster fine and he's back in the NFL for the 09 season.

Brace yourself--I agree......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell, that settles it. I gotta vote against ya now Isaac grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope whatever he gets.....stings like a bee, grrr.

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
The NFL did fine without Vick. They don't need the public relations nightmare, and it can't hurt to send a message to some of their other criminals.

I think the players in all of todays' professional sports should sign a lifestyle clause.Vick and others like him have poluted our sports arenas for too long.Semms like our kids don't have any real heroes to mentor them except to wear their stupid urban pants down around their azz clothing.

OTOH, maybe I'm turning into an old goat.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
they actually already do, the problem is that it's rarely invoked by the league.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vick may have to give back a large part of his signing bonus($22 million) because he broke his contract by committing the crime.

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, he plead guilty and should have plead STUPID too...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No kidding. This will probably cost him $100 million in lost earning and endorsements. I wonder how much he made with the dogs?

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vick was done the moment the feds went forward w/ this indictment. He was the target and w/ his high profile you can "bet" this case was well vetted prior to going forward.

As to the plea; there's no such thing as reduced charges in a plea like you see in state courts. In the fed system he can only plea guilty as charged or not. Federal Prosecuters are not allowed to reduce anything and the only way in this system to receive any slack is if you plea guilty and avoid trial. The system is designed to allow the judge to give some slack to those who come clean and much depends on how far they come clean with the prosecutors/investigators. Anything from the prosecuters office on this plea is only a suggestion to the judge.

The normal MO on such case is those indicted along w/ the target roll over and turn on the target which gives the prosecuter needed additional evidence to make the racketeering case a slam dunk. At this point the target can either plea guilty and hope the judge will give some slack or go to trial on additional charges and risk watching Atlanta play ball games from a cell for decades to come.

As to the NFL, Vick made VT a small fortune and has done the same for the NFL. Haven't you noticed that the NFL has overlooked the fact that by nearly every indicator they use to rate QBs that Vick is at the bottom of the heap? They only promoted him because his previous bad boy image was highly marketable with the young crowd for endorsements. I think he was ranked in the top 10 for endorsements. But, this was before his bad boy image sank to the level of federal charges, killing dogs, gambling, racketeering and a possible NFL scandal involving gambling with additional current NFL players.

Vick is now complete and absolute poison to the NFL. His only previous value was his endorsements (not his skills) and now he is poison for that too. Short of a miracle I cannot see how Michael Vick will ever recover a NFL career again.

In the long run I hope this prosecution makes high profile individuals think twice before fighting dogs and gambling. I also hope this makes the NFL think twice before promoting such a bad boy at the risk of ethics and scandal for the sole purpose of making money.

GVA

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tracks,
I know people who feel the same way about hummingbirds. I don't think personal feelings are pertinent to the discussion. Either the guy broke the law or he didn't. The punishment should be derived from what is known to be fact, and the punishment prescribed by the law, not anyone's personal feelings about a specific species of animal. Sorry.

Mule
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,966
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.