Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Drove around town today, and it is definitely 5th Wheel Season again...

Blocking traffic all over the place.. pulling thru red lights as they change and then sit broadside in the intersection blocking cross traffic from getting thru...

or even more classic, pulling in to get fuel at regular gas stations, blocking traffic in the main round and in parking lots, such as Fred Meyer that have fuel pumps at many of them.....

Quite evident its ALL ABOUT THEM, blocking traffic all over the place and really don't act like they give a F**DK....

Most of the plates on them are ( of course) California.... next is Arizona and Washington...

Maybe the Oregon 5th Wheel guys are doing the same up in Washington, California and Arizona..

you see Nevada plates, but most of those aren't blocking intersections and stopping traffic...

I don't know why our local cops don't arrest them, haul in the 5th wheel. and give them a hefty fine...

But I don't want to single out 5th Wheels, plenty of large motor homes towing a large over loaded pickup doing the exact same thing..
and once again, with California, Washington and Arizona plates...

I am pretty sure Oregon 5th Wheel owners know blocking traffic and an intersection can be a spendy ticket... and at least avoid doing it around here...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cops ignore tourists.
You should see the Asshats on I-99 on a Penn State home game weekend.
Crap all over the windows, pushing 100mph going to the game. Drunk swervers coming back.

Cops"dont see nuttin".

Monday morning, 7 AM People going to work, tankers hauling fuel....
They are everywhere, writing tickets for speeding, or expired inspection stickers.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tourists are a necessary evil for some towns. Income derived is offset by the hair pulling of being stuck behind the lookie-loos who are snapping pictures and taking selfie’s of themselves while 18 vehicles are turtling behind them.

#BuyAPostCard&DriveTheSpeedLimit

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
John

of course there's no OR plates on those.

They all come here to bother us.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Tourists are a necessary evil for some towns. Income derived is offset by the hair pulling of being stuck behind the lookie-loos who are snapping pictures and taking selfie’s of themselves while 18 vehicles are turtling behind them.

#BuyAPostCard&DriveTheSpeedLimit

🦫

Speaking of tourist income, I need to look see if the Burners are coming this year.

The Corona screwed up income generation for more than one business here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably need to learn some patience. It isn't going to change all summer long, especially since Covid is pretty much officially over so getting pissed off every time it happens probably means your going to get your panties twisted all summer long. It might take you an extra five minutes to get where you are going, so deal with it. Being pissed isn't going to change anything...

I've been at both ends of this equation and being the one blocking the intersection because a set of lights changed - maybe blocks ahead- and didn't give you enough time to get across the intersection or getting into a gas station with a big rig isn't any more fun for the driver than it is for the traffic around them....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My favorite is psychedelic 1972 Dodge Monaco season, aka, pot harvest season. Half of them get abandoned on the roadside when they finally give up for good.

LOL
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Any state that won’t let you pump your own gas is F’d up. Of course most of the Oregonians that are Libs/ Commies probably wouldn’t know how to do it anyway. Would be nice if Portland, Seattle, San Fran, LA received a steady stream of relocated illegal wetback flights instead of the red states.

Last edited by GAGoober; 07/05/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I pull a fifth wheel. My rig is right at 60 ft long, the fifth wheel is 41ft and the truck is 22.2ft RAM Dually, with a little overlap I'm at about 57 ft long. I've pulled across The US more than once.

I only get fuel at Truck stops. you're gonna get chit looks no matter where you go. Truckers are gong to look at you like you're in a toyota prius at the diesel pumps, and if you go through the the passenger side, then you have people like the OP being total pricks. I never block intersections on purpose, and I am fully aware that my rig doesn't belong in many places.

I don't hang out in the left lane, I rarely even pass even though I could do a LOT faster, I stay around the 65mph mark. People who don't pull trailers like that can get the holier than thou attitude, but wait until you're in a spot that you didn't intend to be in, being a richard head doesn't do you any good then.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Truckers w ont mind you too much. If you follow the rules.

DO NOT TIE UP THE PUMPS.

Have your ducks lined up, get fuel,
pull up pull up, PULL UP.

Get out of the way, then go pay.
When done paying, park.

Then go back in.

Thank you!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Followed a 5th wheel south on 101 around Brookings a few months ago. Old unit, covered in mildew like it had been parked in a wet location for years. Parts falling off of it, the grill plate for the heater, unidentified plastic trim moulding, and on the straightaways with a little wind, rotten household garbage flying off the top of that 5th wheel. I had backed off when the grill came off, but I clearly saw a big rat hit the pavement off that trailer. Crop dusted garbage for several miles of scenic coastal highway.

It finally pulled over at a wide spot.

It sported Oregon plates.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The ass hole OR 5th wheelers are thick here on the North Coast. It's tourist season, don't ya know.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mostly toy haulers here heading for the coast.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Payback time, the Oregon, Washington crew clog the fugg outs the roads in AZ all winter. 5 below the speed limit in both lanes and pull the same chit you talk about at gas stations all the time.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Everybody is too good to sleep in the back of the pickup or suburban. Gotta haul their pleasure palace at their own pace, on their own set of traffic rules. The world revolves around them. FUGK ME I can't stand the camper traffic.

Can't speak to it in Oregon, but everywhere else I've been it's the same story.

It never ever ceases to amaze me when I see how stupid fugks overload their cars with a trailer. They only haul it around a little for the summer so don't bother either A: buying a camper appropriate for the towing capacity of their vehicle or B: buy enough vehicle to tow their house around behind them.

MAGA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Oregoonians sure complain a lot. Nevada drivers just run the red lights at home and abroad no matter what they are driving or towing. Oregon needs tourism so they can get a little culture. Seafoam, 'balz and the beav are in Oregon so it has that going for it.grin

I don't know how anyone can live in a place infested w/ tourons!

#poorpeoplesleepintheircars

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They call it "tourist season" yet we are not allowed to shoot them? wtf

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Oregoonians sure complain a lot. Nevada drivers just run the red lights at home and abroad no matter what they are driving or towing. Oregon needs tourism so they can get a little culture. Seafoam, 'balz and the beav are in Oregon so it has that going for it.grin

I don't know how anyone can live in a place infested w/ tourons!

#poorpeoplesleepintheircars

mike r

#richpussiessleepinmonstercampers

wink

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
They call it "tourist season" yet we are not allowed to shoot them? wtf

Can't even lay it at the tourists feet. Plenty of folk live within an hour or so of where they want to "camp" for the weekend. Lots of 7 and 56 county plates on the douchemobile trailers.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
Payback time, the Oregon, Washington crew clog the fugg outs the roads in AZ all winter. 5 below the speed limit in both lanes and pull the same chit you talk about at gas stations all the time.

Feel free to ram their vehicles, pull them out and beat them until they cry.

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 56 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.