Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/21/bush.iraq.speech/index.html

well he wasn't man enough to go to nam

wasn't smart enough to learn the real lesson's of nam, if so we wouldn't be in Iraq

now this, he has a point some what, but..............too late now jr.

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
It's quite obvious -- you get all of your intel from CNN.

William Clunie

William Clunie
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by MillerMan
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/21/bush.iraq.speech/index.html

well he wasn't man enough to go to nam

wasn't smart enough to learn the real lesson's of nam, if so we wouldn't be in Iraq

now this, he has a point some what, but..............too late now jr.

Put the MGD down, back away from CNN.com, and wake the hell up, would ya?

The "Iraq is just like 'Nam" BS is old, incorrect, and only works in the fever swamps and where people can't actually think for themselves.

Let me guess, after the next 12 oz. curl, you'll post back with the breaking intel that Saddam didn't have any WMD at all, right?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was going to make a comment, but I believe my sentiments have already been voiced.

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
VAnimrod - +1

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Let me guess, after the next 12 oz. curl, you'll post back with the breaking intel that Saddam didn't have any WMD at all, right?

You mean he doesn't?!! I can bring my computer out of the cellar now?!! Whew! grin

Heck this is great news. Won't be long before the Iraq oil will have paid off our national debt........

Couldn't pass it up Sean grin

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell, I could tell he wasn't too sharp when he refered to him as "Bush jr".

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
MillerMan,
Now you have the final verdict from those in the know..:)

I like this part of the article..as it speaks volumes concerning our present mil & foreign policy:

""President Bush's attempt to compare the war in Iraq to past military conflicts in East Asia ignores the fundamental difference between the two. Our nation was misled by the Bush Administration in an effort to gain support for the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses, leading to one of the worst foreign policy blunders in our history. "

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It speaks volumes about the hindsight geniuses who second guess people who have to make decisions in real time, and don't get time outs for pillow biting. If you're talking about intel, all intel is uncertain by its nature....if we knew everything about our enemies we wouldn't need intel. You go with what you got....the faction that lost that debate can back bite after the fact, but then they're not the ones who would have to explain to the public from the smoking ruin of an American city that, well, we thought we'd give them the benefit of the doubt, and darn, it turns out we were wrong...our bad.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The way I look at it is, we already have enough enemies in the middle east and if we bail on Iraq we're only going to create a bunch more enemies. If we leave Iraq, you can bet the middle east will unite and try to start a war on our turf

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
MillerMan,
Now you have the final verdict from those in the know..:)

I like this part of the article..as it speaks volumes concerning our present mil & foreign policy:

""President Bush's attempt to compare the war in Iraq to past military conflicts in East Asia ignores the fundamental difference between the two. Our nation was misled by the Bush Administration in an effort to gain support for the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses, leading to one of the worst foreign policy blunders in our history. "

"..one of the worst foreign policy blunders in our history. "

#1 being LBJ's lies about the Gulf of Tonkin attack and the subsequent debacle in Vietnam, or "Veet Namm" as he was wont to say.

Close tie for #1 being klintoons failure to even recognize the Bin Laden threat and the results of that lunacy.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon

Our nation was misled by the Bush Administration in an effort to gain support for the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses, leading to one of the worst foreign policy blunders in our history. "

Sorry, folks but I agree with that.We should have stayed in Afganastan and persued bin laden to the fullest. In time the insurgents would have come to Afganastan just as they have in Iraq. And we wouldn't have to rebuild Baghdad and the rest of the stinkin' country.In a world full of despots ol' Saddam was somewhat of an amateur in comparison.If Irag's main export was bananas instead of oil we would not be there.We are fighing in Iraq for the oil concession. 9/11 has become a but faint memory for Bush. Wanted dead or alive, Let's roll, Bring those responsible to justice all bullchitt from our punk azz president.

Nations in have Africa have lost people by the millions and we have turned a blind eye save for a token response or two but there is no established oil infrastructure so they will keep dying everyday.

It ain't a war on terror it's a war against those whose aim is to keep us from pumpin'.

Last edited by 284LUVR; 08/22/07.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 14,870 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,172
Posts18,543,017
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.