Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good point. smile

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Penguin
That dog is one dumb son of a *****. It amazes me that humans have been able to breed dogs that don't exhibit the slightest hint of intelligent behavior.

Will
It's not so much a lack of intelligence. The fighting breeds are as smart as any other. It's a side effect of breeding dogs willing to, and capable of, taking on bears, lions, badgers, bulls, other dogs, and never quit. It's the never quit part that gets them into trouble with animals like porcupines.

It's funny, though, that in humans, we admire a never quit attitude (we call it spunk) but some don't carry that admiration over to the dog world. I mean, for example, we love fictional characters like Indiana Jones, because he doesn't back down, even when outnumbered, and doesn't hesitate to take on guys much bigger than himself. He never quits till somehow he manages to come out on top, but some people, although they admire people they perceive to be like that, actually feel hatred for a dog that exhibits those traits, even to the point of taking pleasure in the sight of one that's been injured due to it. The human species is sometimes a riddle.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
TRH-You say poor dog but I doubt the porky brought the fight to the dog. The dog wanted to fight so the porky defended its self.I'm sure the porky still died by the looks of it that dog didn't quit.Poor Porky.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by LDHunter
Typical pitbull. All bite... No brains.... <LOL>

$bob$
Actually, that's not a Pitbull. It's an English Bull Terrier. From the side view, it's obvious.

Your quick hawk, I don't know a pit from a bull terrier but that is what the story says in the Snopes article, Bull Terrier.

I've seen dogs with what I then called a face full of quills before but wow, this is just insane. It just makes me wonder how long did this dog vigorously shake a dead porcupine to be able to get all thos quills imbedded?

I mean really? porky's are pretty fragile in reality, I bet this damn dog stood there shaking a dead porcupine & she figured she was still fighting it since she was sticking herself with it's quills.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
... even to the point of taking pleasure in the sight of one that's been injured due to it. The human species is sometimes a riddle.

I think you're dead-wrong here Hawkeye; no one has taken "pleasure" from seeing that poor dog riddled with porcupine spines. They have remarked how stupid the dog must be � I�m with �em there. I hate that the poor animal is in pain and I hope he gets proper care, but if you stick your nose in a bear�s den you might get it bitten off. And if you're still making oblique remarks concerning what Doc Rocket asked, you're again dead-wrong; he's no more a sociopath than you.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wis30-06shooter
TRH-You say poor dog but I doubt the porky brought the fight to the dog. The dog wanted to fight so the porky defended its self.I'm sure the porky still died by the looks of it that dog didn't quit.Poor Porky.
No, that's true. The porky didn't bring the fight to the dog, but how many dogs do you know, other than trained flushers, trailers, and pointers, that don't go for any wild animal they come across?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I've had dogs go after porkys before it does happend but none of them came out that bad not even close. Thats stupid in my opinion you might say that being gamey or brave or some other positive.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by LDHunter
Typical pitbull. All bite... No brains.... <LOL>

$bob$
Actually, that's not a Pitbull. It's an English Bull Terrier. From the side view, it's obvious.

Your quick hawk, I don't know a pit from a bull terrier but that is what the story says in the Snopes article, Bull Terrier.

I've seen dogs with what I then called a face full of quills before but wow, this is just insane. It just makes me wonder how long did this dog vigorously shake a dead porcupine to be able to get all thos quills imbedded?

I mean really? porky's are pretty fragile in reality, I bet this damn dog stood there shaking a dead porcupine & she figured she was still fighting it since she was sticking herself with it's quills.
That's probably exactly what happened.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
... even to the point of taking pleasure in the sight of one that's been injured due to it. The human species is sometimes a riddle.

I think you're dead-wrong here Hawkeye; no one has taken "pleasure" from seeing that poor dog riddled with porcupine spines. They have remarked how stupid the dog must be � I�m with �em there. I hate that the poor animal is in pain and I hope he gets proper care, but if you stick your nose in a bear�s den you might get it bitten off. And if you're still making oblique remarks concerning what Doc Rocket asked, you're again dead-wrong; he's no more a sociopath than you.
The Doc and I already made our peace.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dogs are dogs, and i love most all of them... i don't, though, trust any of them... my children have all been taught to be aware of animals in general... aware, not afraid...

dairy bulls are, as a type, notoriously aggressive animals....
useful, though... their owners keep them in check through fences, pens, etc....

dogs are territorially aggressive animals, and useful as such.... the larger breeds, capable of physically defending any territory that their dim little brain defines as "theirs", need to be kept with all due caution and respect for their potential...

an electrical line can carry immense potential, and yet deliver no load... til someone trips the switch..... john w

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the molosser type dog is a fascinating link to our history as humans...
the various molossian breeds share some interesting character traits, to one degree or another....
most every domestic dog known to man descended from the molosser type....

it's good to know..... john w

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
youtube video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HihY5_JVJ4

the dog depicted, although obviously well trained and socialized, represents one of the more basic and unrefined breed of molossian dog...
wander onto someone elses property and meet one of these??? time to watch your step.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnw
youtube video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HihY5_JVJ4

the dog depicted, although obviously well trained and socialized, represents one of the more basic and unrefined breed of molossian dog...
wander onto someone elses property and meet one of these??? time to watch your step.....
That's a cool dog.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
No doubt countless killer breeds ([bleep]? brittany spaniels?) are thankful the pit bull is getting a bad rap right now....taking the heat off 'em....
Yes.
Originally Posted by Hindsite
I raised Chesapeake Bay Retrievers for years and one day one of our dogs went on a killing spree, chickens, goats and another dog lay dead.
Of course, this all must have been Hindsite's imagination, because we all know that only Pitbulls are capable of killing another dog. Hunting dogs just don't ever do that sort of thing. They bite, and let go.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,962
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.