Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wisconsin. That's it.

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
chronologically

Eau Claire, WI
Rock Falls, WI
San Diego, CA
Groton, CT
Norwich, CT
North Chicago, IL
Pensacola, FL
Portsmouth, VA
Groton, CT (again)
Kittery, ME
North Charleston, SC
Johns, Island, SC
Goose Creek, SC
Norfolk, VA
Oceanside, CA
Camp Pendleton, CA (Wire Mountain)
Vista, CA
Alameda, CA
Bremerton, WA
Norwich, CT (again)
Groton, CT (yet again)
Gaithersburg, MD
Damascus, MD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1. Spokane,WA - Place of my Birth - Lived there and in the surrounding area including in Cheney and up at Loon Lake(grand parents owned Dempsey Point). grin

2. Seattle,WA - Pretty City - Friendly People - Still go there for Medical Services at VAMC Seattle - Won't live there because of Cities Greed (Highest Sales Taxes in State). crazy

3. San Diego,CA - U.S. Navy sent me there. Too Hot!!!! Remember the signs "Sailors & Dogs Keep Off the Grass" crazy

4. Great Lakes,IL - U.S. Navy sent me there. Good quality close to Chicago, but wouldn't live there to Hot in Summer with High Humidity and to cold in winter with wind coming off the Lake. frown

5. Albuquerque, NM - U.S. Navy sent me there. Nice town enjoyed my time there have been back several times since would go back again. smile

6. Norfolk,VA - U.S Navy sent me there. Same story there as Great Lakes only no Lake. frown

7. Jacksonville,FL - U.S. Navy sent me there. Great town finished up my enlistment there and stayed on for another twelve years. Financial and Insurance Center of the Southeast lots of single women great liberty town if your in the military. grin

8. Othello,WA - Small town in the middle of Washington's Columbia Basin. World Class Water Fowl and Pheasant Hunting and the same can be said for Bass & Pan fish fishing in the surrounding lakes, potholes, streams and reservoirs. Drawbacks heat in the summer and cold in the winter, but would live there again only after the mother-in-law becomes deceased. smile

9. Yakima,WA - Review same as Othello, but larger city with more to do. Excellent Hunting with large herds of Elk and Whitetail Deer within an hours driving distance and Mother-In-Law not there. grin

10. Houston,TX - Drove out of there for a short time. If they want to give this country an enema they can plug the tube in right there. Enough Said. mad

11. Port Townsend,WA - Been all over the United States always seem to return to this area does that tell you anything. Within a two to three hour drive one can be at the Ocean, in the Mountains, or in the desert. That is the reason I love Western Washington and the climate isn't that bad. grin

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Queensbury, New York � Foothills of the Adirondacks!
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina � Made a lot of good friends there.
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba � The NCOs had a lot of responsibility.
Bridgeport, California � The High Sierras!
Gardnerville, Nevada � A small town (it was then anyway) with Tahoe and Reno near by.
Jacksonville, North Carolina � Longest place I�ve lived since leaving home.
Jaffrey, New Hampshire � Still learning to like it everyday!

I'm intelligent enough to know I'll never be genius and I'm OK with that.
I live vicariously through my own memories.
Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?
Any fool can be uncomfortable in the field.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wisconsin, Colorado, Texas, Michigan, Illinois, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Korea, Minnesota.

I like to put down roots!

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Beaver Falls PA - Left too young to really remember but I'm guessing it bears little in common today with what it was circa 1964.

2. Park Forest IL, 183rd south of Chicago. Pizza, dear god the pizza (http://www.aureliospizza.com/) (and a whole lot of snow shoveling!) Pheasants everywhere. Stalking them on our belly's as kids in the fields with air rifles and cooking them on a spit in the woods with my friends. Stuff that would now get you tasered in the Chicago suburbs. whistle (trips out to Iowa and Nebraska bird hunting with my Dad)

3. Greenwood IN, Dad transferred from Chicago to what was then a pretty darn rural area (not anymore)fields, creeks and ponds allowed my brother and I to start expanding our skills, started doing a little trapping, deer and overnight squirrel hunting trips in the Hossier National Forest foraging for ourselves.

4. Muncie IN, Ball State University

5. Pensacola FL. 22 years old, sports car, flew jets for a living, no money, wading the flats of the intercoastal for Reds and Trout. Ladyfish in the surf on a flyrod. Young, immortal.

6. Anacortes WA and big gray boats around world. Miss the NW badly. Great waterfowl, beer, little tasty blacktails, elusive Elk, Salmon and Halibut off the boat I owned with another guy. Skiing at Mt Baker. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

7. Waldorf, MD. First house. Met my wife, found out how political the Navy was inside the beltway, got out, stayed in the Reserves for the flying (and this last year the retirement), Other than meeting Moira can't come up with anything good about Waldorf.

8. Catonsville, MD. Better than Waldorf. Hilly, Finn joined us, neat house. Still, every day here sucks a little more of my will to live shocked

Outta here in a couple years for NH with less hot and humid summers and more snow in the winter. That'll be the last place although I can see a cabin up north in our future and I still my part of the farm in KY my Grandfather left me.

Allen

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elberfeld IN
CO Mtns.
Ft Collins CO
Winterhaven CA
Yuma AZ (was there the day Preident Kennedy got shot)
Fountain & Colorado Springs CO
La Porte CO
Great Lakes IL (Courtesy of the USN)
Morocco (also USN)
Chorpus Christi TX (USN again)
Norfolk VA (final USN)
Chesapeake VA
Atlanta
Saudi Arabia
Laramie WY (keep leaving & coming back)
Las Vegas NM
Unalaska AK

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My address has always been North Carolina but,I have been all over this great country and the places I wouldn't live you can count on one hand.....

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Born and raised Nederland Colorado.

Military years in,
Camp Pendleton x2
Okinawa
Phillippines
Adak AK x2
MCRD San Diego CA
Whidbey Island WA
Coronado CA

Then back to Nederland and now Oak Creek Colorado.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thousand Oaks, CA...Bandits (Cupids, Tommy's)In -n-Out, lupes
Cameron Park, CA...Blackwells
Sacramento, CA...Sacramento Brewing, Vince's
Rancho Cordova, CA...Rascal's
Folsom, CA...The Sutter Club, La Placita
Weatherford, TX............Not much of anything!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
From Pomona CA to Massena NY,.. and damn near all points in between.

My old man used to tote us all over the place back when I was a kid and he was operating heavy equipment.

With hardly any warning, he'd pack us all up and haul off to points unknown (at least to everybody but him),... had this yellow 1956 Ford station wagon. He'd fold down the back seat and throw a mattress in there for us kids to sleep on while we traveled.

One memorable nonstop excursion took us from California to Tennessee.

Give the old man enough coffee, cigarettes and gasoline and he could drive to the moon.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Pugs

2. Park Forest IL, 183rd south of Chicago. Pizza, dear god the pizza (http://www.aureliospizza.com/)

PUGS...

You're killin' me with Aurelio's, I grew up on that stuff. Do you think they could do a six hundred mile round trip delivery?

I was on 217th in Matteson.

Somehow I don't miss White Castle as much.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Checked out their site and they can dry ice and UPS a pizza.

Looks to be around fifty to seventy five dollars.

I can't convince myself that it wouldn't be worth it...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
noname,

Go ahead and do it. I order Tommy's chili from CA three or four times a year. When my parents drive out they usually bring 2 gallons!

It is only money....and hell your taste buds with love it!

Jason

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SW Missouri, I miss thunderstorms, warm lake and river water in the summer esp. water skiing right before dark when the lake goes mirror smooth, lightning bugs, tomatoes from our garden, peaches from our trees, old farmer types a dying breed I guess, eating quail, crappies and venison.

Chicago IL, miss Rush Street, concerts (though I'm past that point but glad I went to so many when there) local musical talent that you'll never hear of but so danged good. Shedd Aquarium, Fields Museum of Natural History, the gritty feel of downtown, really good food from hot dogs to pizza to some really nice restaurants and everything in between. Da Bears and whomever they are playing.

Houston Tx, the Astrodome, the Nesadale, Gilleys, being young enough to fight and healing fast! Don't miss any of it much though, but like Padre Island and the Strand in Gavleston

Alaska, miss the fact that I'm not wealthy enough or will live long enough to explore it all to my desire though I've done a pretty fair job for a middle class guy. I love it here, it's truly home for me and what little I miss of the lower 48 is a small price to pay for the good life that I have here.

But I still do crave really acidic tomatoes with fresh corn on the cob with a mess of quail, still like vension but I crave the other stuff.

Do need to go chase lighting bugs with my boys before they get too big though and take them to see their grandparents.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I miss Monterey enough that I might go back for a long weekend. Trying to scrape the funds and a partner together for the trip.

Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kermit Texas
Odessa Texas
Albuquerque, NM
Jonesboro, Louisiana
Natchitoches, Louisiana
San Antonio, TX
Sacramento, CA
Turlock, CA
Rapid City, SD
Montgomery AL
Spokane, WA
Ray, ND
North Pole, AK
Bossier City, LA
Shreveport, LA

Focus on the leading edge!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Grew up in Albert City, IA. It was a great place to spend the 50s and 60s. I really miss the pheasant hunting and the close access to real lakes.
Lived in Ames, IA while going to college. It was the perfect place for a small-town Iowa boy to go to school I really miss the people, going to football games at Clyde Williams, and pizza from the Pizza House.
Lived in Washington D.C. while being a Congressional intern. I was going to say that I miss nothing, but I do miss the Smithsonian.
Have lived in Belle Plaine, IA since then. Great family and friends, good home, had a good career.
Due to an interesting flight schedule, I am not so sure that my son, Larry, and I are not legal residents of the First Nation village of Sandy Lake, Ontario.
Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Neodesha, Kansas - born and raised, lot of friends, all my family
Manhattan, Kansas - living in a college town and the year round scenery that goes with it
Dodge City, Kansas - a summer job out there, only thing I miss is The Bad Habit Bar and Grill, they had good food
Joplin, Missouri (at least various parts around it) - currently here, not a bad place to be

I like seeing where everybody has been-

like Barak's Womn used to live in Wichita, Kansas, my sister lives by there, bro in law works at Boeing, I've interviewed for a few jobs there that I've turned down, waiting for the right one.

JaquesLaRami-lived in Wamego, Kansas for a summer, I went to college at Kansas State 15 miles down the road, used to go buy boots at a western store over there, bought a sweet little M70 Featherweight in a smalltime gunshop there as well.

W7ACT - my uncle had a dairy farm in Deer Park, Washington, we used to go up there all the time. My cousin's aunt/uncle had a house on Loon Lake, went out there a couple times at night catching trout and channel cat. Played in Hoopfest one year in Spokane, that was quite an experience.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,737
Posts18,514,386
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.