Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was going to buy one of these...

https://www.abetterbeltusa.com/contour-belts-the-perfect-fit-belt/

...but I bought a Kore belt "temporarily" and it's still going after five years.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
What reasonable priced gun belts do you like for carrying purposes. Thank you

What you need is stiff, relatively thin leather of appropriate width. I would look at Challenger Horsewear Men's Western Rodeo Fashion Tooled Floral w/ Basket Weave leather belt from Walmart. The cost is $30. Ask specifically about this offering perhaps someone has experience using one.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
I have been using the A Better Belt USA Ultimate Rlephant Gunbrlt everyday for the past 3 years and it still looks brand new. It has carried everything from a full size 1911, .480 Ruger Super Blackhawk to my current Wilson EDC X9 without sagging or developing a curve. It has been perfect and still looks beautiful and pisses off liberals when I tell them what it is made of. Before that I wore A&G Custom Gun Leather, Beltman and Ross Leather Works

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
What size belt do you wear? I have a Big Foot gun belt with the steel core liner and it is their thick model. I have never worn it since it is so thick and I prefer my Elephant hide belt. It is around 42” I have no need and if it would fit you you can have it. I will check on the exact size

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have 3 belts from CrossBreed Holsters: A "Classic Gunbelt", an "Executive Gunbelt", and one of their nylon belts. I have been using them for several years now, and have been pleased with them.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll put my thick Amish made belt up against any of those pretty boy belts any day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I’ll put my thick Amish made belt up against any of those pretty boy belts any day.

Don't be in such a hurry to be wrong.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To each they’re own. And you shouldn’t be in such a hurry to throw your money away when there’s no need to.
I’m not going to get into a pissing match with you over who’s belt is better. You like yours and I like mine.

Last edited by HeavyLoad; 08/04/21.
R
R

Mean Gene Leather

"Good Landing, good fight, good luck"......James M Gavin 09Jul43
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered a leather kore brand gun belt today. They have a lot of good reviews. I'll get it early next week, & I'll report back as to the quality.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the Kore brand belt I ordered. It's not real thick, but very rigid. Wore it all day with a full size pistol in a leather holster & it seems good. I'll use it when it cools down & I can hip carry under a jacket.

Romans 5:1
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I bought a Kore Webb belt earlier this week and only worn it a couple of times, but so far I like it

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
What reasonable priced gun belts do you like for carrying purposes. Thank you

What you need is stiff, relatively thin leather of appropriate width. I would look at Challenger Horsewear Men's Western Rodeo Fashion Tooled Floral w/ Basket Weave leather belt from Walmart. The cost is $30. Ask specifically about this offering perhaps someone has experience using one.

You neither live in America, nor have a Walmart within 1,000 miles of you, but feel compelled to give advice about a product that you have never actually used.

As an aside, a Chinese built Walmart "Fashion" belt is about the last thing a person should be considering when trying to find a high quality belt that is specifically designed with concealed carry of a handgun in mind.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
This pic with Clint Smith is from 2019 . The belt I am wearing is one that was built for me in 1999 by the Milt Sparks crew for my wedding. 20+ years of use and it is still perfectly serviceable.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sometimes a little wait, and paying a little more are worth it to get something that will last substantially longer than the Harbor Freight/Chinese versions.

In non leather, the Wilderness belts have proven to be quite good. I especially like the Frequent Flyer version. Lightweight and easy to adjust to just the right size. I have used them for years, they provide a good value. They are also worth paying a bit more over the knock off versions.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was going to suggest this......,

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

but most Americans carry big high capacity guns which require stiff belt of appropriate width. The one I use is very nice and inexpensive, but not rigid enough to support heavy gun rig.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Beltman

Horsehide

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.