Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Les is in Saudi Arabia right?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by RAS
I hope I am wrong but more shocking videos will be coming. This time with American citizens being executed. These images are going to tear this country to pieces. Far, far more than now.

God I pray that I am wrong.

I don't think I'd start this thread, or make the above post a day after I started a "Let it go thread" to the OEF vets. But that is me.

Are you a veteran, Ray?

28 years worth, you? I didn't start a thread about "Let it go" concerning OEF vets and then start this guessing game thread, discussing the worse that might be

Did you start a "Let it go thread?"

was that service in the Coasties? Did you know stoolhead?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
It seems like at this point the Taliban have learned from both their past and the Iranians. They’re going to let the Americans and Afghan employees out. They’ll even let some of the government workers return under amnesty. They’ll get the westerners gone and get their people in place before they settle their scores. Smart of them. They keep the chaos to a minimum and make it hard for the west to economically sanction them.

This is what I believe also. ^^^
The Taliban is not equivalent to Al Qaeda and Daesh (ISIS).

Last edited by Triggernosis; 08/17/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Les is in Saudi Arabia right?

he works there but lives in the Philippines.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That idiot is about as much of a National Security Advisor is Obama was a leader.

Sad what out country has allowed to happen to it.

MM

IC B2

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The coming days will be very telling. I think the only viable option left to the Whitehouse now is to ask the Taliban how much they want. Maybe China is already advising the Taliban on this amount right now.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" ... What does a Humvee cost?

ROCKINBAR - "Probably about 1/2 as much as it costs to fly the damn thing from here to there..."

What does a thermite grenade cost?? $25.00? Too bad our soldiers couldn't drop one of those each inside all the "goodies" we left there. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RAS
The coming days will be very telling. I think the only viable option left to the Whitehouse now is to ask the Taliban how much they want. Maybe China is already advising the Taliban on this amount right now.

I read a story the other day that said “credible white house sources” were claiming we were offering to pay them to allow us to get our people out safely….. strongest nation in the world paying goat herders to not kill our citizens.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We just aren’t getting our people out. At least not all of them. The Taliban will keep some of them for later bargaining purposes no matter what we do.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe I missed it: who are the American civilians left in Afghanistan? Why are they there? Who advised them to remain after Jan 1, 2021?

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Meanwhile jo is at camp David and Jill has a cast on her foot and camel toe is more occupied with Haiti saying don’t pin this schit on me what if something really bad happens

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" ... What does a Humvee cost?

ROCKINBAR - "Probably about 1/2 as much as it costs to fly the damn thing from here to there..."

What does a thermite grenade cost?? $25.00? Too bad our soldiers couldn't drop one of those each inside all the "goodies" we left there. wink

L.W.

Well, we supposedly left this equipment with the Afghan army that we had trained up. I guess our higher powers didn't expect them to tuck tail and walk off the job so easily. No worries, that [bleep] will be broke down and useless in no time. Hell, our guys have to work their asses off to keep the mess running.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hostages.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I guess our higher powers didn't expect them to tuck tail and walk off the job so easily. No worries, that [bleep] will be broke down and useless in no time. Hell, our guys have to work their asses off to keep the mess running.

That I find hard to believe. 20 years in theater, Biden and his cadre of advisers are on year 9 of leadership with Afghanistan as part of operations.

They knew - didn't care, which in my mind is worse.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Maybe I missed it: who are the American civilians left in Afghanistan? Why are they there? Who advised them to remain after Jan 1, 2021?

That is a very good question. I have not seen this addressed in the media. Every American in that country knew, 8 months ago, that it was all over and it was just a matter of time. Why didn't they get out?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS
Jake Sullivan just said this…

There are 6-10K Americans still waiting to get to the Kabul airport to be evacuated.

Now…

The Taliban now completely surround the airport.

Sullivan said that the Taliban would ‘allow’ the civilians to get to the airport, but he couldn’t name a leader in charge of the Taliban. So, we are going to trust an army of leaderless Taliban fighters on American safety.

Gents, we could possibly be watching the calm before the storm. The next few weeks are going to be very, very difficult. Very well could be worse than anyone alive can remember.

God help us. God help us.

I hope the Taliban doesn’t go Fallujah on any Americans trying to reach the airport...If they do, Biden should be immediately ruined and replaced for lack of confidence.

Kill a few to save many ? Woah, tough call.

I’m more concerned that if the Taliban kills some Americans, Biden won’t do shît and will just say that resolving conflict is best done through negotiations.

I already mentioned, Biden is the worst Prez ever.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those people traveled in caravans of soft vehicles that would have been easy pickings for ground attack aircraft like the Embrare 314 Super Tucanos that we bought for the Afghan Air Force. The Afghan military needed the stiffening that U.S. air support provided. When we abandoned Bagram AFB without a proper turn over to the Afghan Air Force I knew that trouble was close at hand, since you don't cut and run if your commitment to your allies is real and not just lip service.

Like Mark Twain is reputed to have said, "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!". Afghanistan was a hole that we could never dig ourselves out of, so we had to stop at some point, but the way that it happened was poorly planned, poorly executed, and makes us look weak and incompetent. Weakness and incompetentence emboldens our enemies to challenge us and those who our presence protects them. North Korea may be embolden to attack South Korea and China may be embolden to attach Taiwan. Russia may be embolden to attach Ukraine.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We trained Afghan pilots but maintenance of things like modern aircraft such as the Super Tucanos was beyond them. They’re mostly illiterate after all. So, all the American maintenance contractors were pulled out months ago. Inside a week or two, all those aircraft would have been redlined or their high tech weapons inoperable. They would have been better off if we had rounded up a dozen or so T-6 Texans and fitted them with four or six .50 cal Brownings. They might have been able to keep those running and any air support would have been potentially decisive.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by rickt300
I don't understand why you think we have weeks, hours is more like it.

Because the Taliban has ordered us out of the country by 9/11.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by rickt300
I don't understand why you think we have weeks, hours is more like it.

Because the Taliban has ordered us out of the country by 9/11.

Trust a radical Muslim to keep his word?

Biden seems to...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,032
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.