Campfire Kahuna
J
I moved once.

It was terrible.

I am MAGA.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Teal

I think I'd sell everything except clothes and guns - buy new at the next place if forced to move. I just hate doing it with a passion.

My first wife - we moved 4 times in the first year we were married - all because she found places she liked better. Her second marriage, they've moved 6 times - tho getting divorced again so who knows if this is the last go for her or not on moving.

I never understood the allure. I get traveling and seeing new things - but travel, don't move.

It's hell on earth.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I haven’t had to yet but my wife and I are keeping our options open in light of the Covid insanity. I am in health care. My director knows that if vax mandates come down I will be leaving. I hope that it doesn’t come to that and that our governor, Tiny Andy, keeps a lid on his stupidity. Our family decision is that it’s best to live as freely as possible.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I didn’t move homes but I left a great job with great pay and benefits and bought a septic pump truck because of my family. I was in the road 25% of the time and was being a lousy dad and husband. Best thing I have ever done. Once I switched I never missed a game, school event or birthday again. Still have a row of silk ties in the closet just to remind me what is important in life and it’s not money.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Would like to move now, and have for a while. But we won’t because of family reasons- 3 of our adult kids and all (5) of our grandkids live within 15 minutes of our house. If they all would move with us, we would be out of here. Oregon is not anything like what it was when I moved here in 42 years ago.
And I have my own healthcare practice and would like to work in it until at least I am 70 ( which is 7.5 yrs). And then keep my options open whether I want to stay in it longer than that. But our crazy nazi bio-oootch of a governor is going to require the jab for all healthcare “workers” - even private owners. Guess we are now just government workers. Such a load of BS. I could go on and on about how I feel about all of this gov. control- but will keep this short.
Did not think the end of my working career - or later life in general was going to come down to this. I am sure most of us did not either. I do not see things ending up great for this country the way things are going. The water is circling. It is just that some states are worse than others. And the left coast has become an awful place to live.

Well that is my rant.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, family of five 21 years ago. I'd do it again if circumstances were the same.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Opposite for me. We moved away from our immediate families in mid careers for better opportunities and it was one of the best decisions we ever made.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, moved across the world for 1/2 the pay & benefits.

Couldn't be happier !

Anyone that "knows" me, knows this is the truth.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I moved once.

It was terrible.

But you brought the yard ornament along, no?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Yep, moved across the world for 1/2 the pay & benefits.

Couldn't be happier !

Anyone that "knows" me, knows this is the truth.

Gotta be a Forum win of the day.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deflave

PS-Never moving is not comparable to moving.

The act of moving - for ANY reason is a major PITA and the next time I move, it better be into the ground.

I just finished unloading the moving van and unboxing/storing everything in the new house. I filled up every open storage area in the house and told my wife that I feel really bad about it. She asked why and I said "this is the last time I relocate our stuff. Next time, it'll be the nieces and nephews having to dig through all this crap to figure out what is worth keeping."

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I moved once.

It was terrible.

But you brought the yard ornament along, no?

I was actually a little more uptown back then...if you can believe it.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
It was the find of a lifetime, no doubt!

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I think I'd sell everything except clothes and guns - buy new at the next place if forced to move. I just hate doing it with a passion.

My first wife - we moved 4 times in the first year we were married - all because she found places she liked better. Her second marriage, they've moved 6 times - tho getting divorced again so who knows if this is the last go for her or not on moving.

I never understood the allure. I get traveling and seeing new things - but travel, don't move.

It's hell on earth.

15 moves for me since 1991 until we got here in 2016.

And that doesn't count the twice yearly seasonal moves of clothes, hunting and fishing equipment from E WA to wherever my wife was working at the time.

Kinda sucked a bit. But I guess I got to see/work in a whole lot of diverse parts of the US of A.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And I forgot one of the biggest moves of all, when I was 9. My dad moved us completely across the country, from the NE corner to the SE corner of the Nation because doctors said it would likely be better for my kid brother's health. Dad's skills were transferable, he ended up working for Dr Jonas Salk's Institute for a few years.

I missed out on growing up with a bunch of cousins, but they ended up moving anyway.

I look at that move as not only saving my little bro's life, but mine too, as I don't think I'd have done too well living in THE major eastern seaboard city.

Sometimes family is more important than staying put.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Never get more than 2 steps from the heavy green—words I’ve lived by for close to 50 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, cannot put a price on family

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
have always picked career over family. raised my kids in a town where the closest family was several hundred miles away. Not sure if it was worth it not.
We got jerked up in 1962 and moved to Box Elder County Utah. I was 9, my brother 10, 2 sisters ages 6 and <1. It was for a job that paid about $10 K max. It was horrible. We moved away from a country home surrounded by a large extended family into 5 years of POW status in Mormon country. First question always "what ward do you live in?". Keep your kids around family if you can and out of an alien environment. I didn't and wouldn't have moved my kids away from family and friends for double or triple the money.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Having moved for my benefit, and being the head of my family, yes, I have moved for my family's benefit. Selflessness defined. Yes, family over career, absolutely.

Moving is horrendous, especially once you've exceeded the capacity of a single 26' U-haul.

All the damned little chit dumped in boxes never to be seen again. All the bullchit you know you brought last time and didn't need since.

Possibly it'd be better to buy an excavator, dig a big hole and take a dirt nap in a proper tomb with all your chit? Just say fuuck it. I'll need a damned forklift next time!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having a huge 3 day yard/garage sale before moving, if time allows has paid off in the past.

Sell the shît that has collected dust or been used to throw clothes on top of for years goes, bye-bye.

Take the money and pay for movers to do the heavy lifting.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 204guy, 52 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,498,013
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.