24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
This didn't get the amount of attention I though it would in the Second Amendment topic so I reposted it here:

This guy is on the NRA BoD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSGySNLyACE

And the spin...

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=9899

I'm intelligent enough to know I'll never be genius and I'm OK with that.
I live vicariously through my own memories.
Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?
Any fool can be uncomfortable in the field.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just Emailed to the NRA-ILA:

EGAD!
I just got done watching Joaquin Jackson's meltdown on YouTube. What sort of freaking drugs is that moron doing?

1) He says he does not believe assault weapons belong in the hands of private citizens, without making clear what he defines as an assault weapon.
2) He says that firearms for hunting should be limited to a maximum of 5 rounds. There go about half my hunting rifles, including my M1 Garand.

I also read your lame attempt at damage control. Excuse me folks, but the damage is already done. Jackson in less that 5 minutes managed to do more damage to the NRA than Brady and Co. have been able to inflict in 20 years.

I call for the immediate expulsion of Joaquin Jackson from the NRA. Joaquin Jackson can go play Brokeback Mountain with Jim Zumbo for all I care, but I don't want him representing my NRA.

Just to show you how much I care, I was planning on paying for my wife and two of my sons to join the NRA as life members this year in order to help fund the war chest for the 2008 campaign. Forget it. I'll donate to an organization that really respects my right to keep and bear the arms I choose. You'll get ZERO money from me until Joaquin Jackson has been removed from the NRA.

Sincerely,

(the shaman)

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
we covered it pretty good here a week or so back.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some are a bit slower than others mannlicher. grin Never hurts to keep the heat on though. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for being slow-- been down on the KY/TN border and haven't had a lot of time to connect to the Campfire.

Yow! I'm sorry, but is this guy trying to tell me that this is a picture he doesn't want to see?

[Linked Image]

That's Mooseboy and his doe last year and yes, that's a DCMP M1 Garand with an 8-round enbloc. Is that what Jackson wants to get rid of?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, nice shot and picture there Shaman. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks.

Double thanks. I just found your post on the other thread and sent a similar email to Herr Land, along with Moose's pic and a clarification that the M1 Garand he's holding carries an 8-round enblock--just in case he and his friends had been off-planet for so long they'd forgotten.

This really boils my bunny!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you take the time to look at his explination, this was an interview from several years back, it was cut short before he could fully explain his position, on full auto military assault rifles, not semi auto AR's. Or his thoughts on magazine capacity while HUNTING.
When I first saw this on youtube a few months ago I to went balistic. But after seeing his written statement regarding the interview i am not nearly as PO'd as I was. Since we all know to w extent the anti gun media will go to divide us in order to take what gun rights we still have. I bet if they had any footage of Charleton Heston, or John Wayne, or other icon, ever saying any thing disparaging against any firearms or ammunition type, or magazine size, they would be plastering that all over the net as well.Even if it was from some movie he did years ago.

They are playing the divide and conquer game, we have to stay togeather and ignore this crap.

Last edited by blinddog1; 08/28/07.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Here's a link to the discussion here, started on 08-13...

Link to topic..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blinddog1
If you take the time to look at his explination, this was an interview from several years back, it was cut short before he could fully explain his position, on full auto military assault rifles, not semi auto AR's. Or his thoughts on magazine capacity while HUNTING.

When I first saw this on youtube a few months ago I to went balistic. But after seeing his written statement regarding the interview i am not nearly as PO'd as I was. Since we all know to w extent the anti gun media will go to divide us in order to take what gun rights we still have. I bet if they had any footage of Charleton Heston, or John Wayne, or other icon, ever saying any thing disparaging against any firearms or ammunition type, or magazine size, they would be plastering that all over the net as well.Even if it was from some movie he did years ago.

They are playing the divide and conquer game, we have to stay togeather and ignore this crap.

I don't care if it was opined after the Battle of Trafalgar. No NRA board member should be allowed to sit after giving the media that kind of sound bite. The fact that it was done in 2005 just makes it all the more problematic. He did it as a sitting board member, and so far the NRA has done nothing but publish his weak explanation-- no censure, no expulsion.

I read the retraction. It nicely contradicts what he said in the interview. However, the quote still stands. What he said was that he believed that hunting weapons should be limited to a five round capacity. To me, that's reason alone to toss him out.

I guess what irks me about Jackson, and it irked me all the more with Zumbo earlier this year is that in a relaxed moment these guys start spouting stuff that's so anti-Second Amendment it's enough to keep you up at night. When pressed, they apologize to everyone and we're expected to buy into it. I am pissed off at anyone who would take me so lightly as to think I could be blown off with such a simple explanation.

As a man who donates his land for a yearly Class-3 shoot, I can tell you that any talk-- I mean ANY talk-- of putting further restrictions on the private ownership of firearms, full-auto, semi-auto or otherwise is particularly irksome to me.

Frankly, Blinddog1, I'm a bit irked at you at supporting Jackson and the NRA on this. That doe that Moose took was taken with one shot. Moose is a good shot and an ethical hunter. On the other hand. If it had taken two, three, or more shots to put that doe down, I would have still been proud of him. What Jackson said attempted to blight that experience by casting dispersions on it.

I'll leave you with a quote from me earlier in the year. It's from a thread A Shaman's Eulogy for Jim Zumbo

Originally Posted by shaman
When the shaman had finished his chores, he grabbed a rifle case and returned to the pedestal. No one else was around. There was a little step ladder close by. The shaman put it up next to the pedastal. Opening the rifle case, he brought out one of his favorite deer rifles-- a 7600 in 35 Whelen. Along with it came a couple of ten round magazines, loaded full. He twiddled the Leupy quick-release mounts and removed the scope. In its place, he afixed a peep sight. Just for kicks, the shaman reached into his cloak and pulled out his old soup-bowl steel helmet and put it on. It didn't do much, but it was an ironic twist. The funny headdress was put gingerly on top of the case.

Mounting the step ladder, and making sure no one was around, the shaman stepped onto the pedestal. After one more look ( he did not want to make a show) the shaman stood up straight and held the rifle to the heavens.

"This is my deer rifle." said the shaman. " There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My deer rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

"It has never been about just deer hunting. It will never be just about deer hunting. My deer rifle and myself are the defenders of my country, such as we are. Before God I swear this creed. "

When the shaman had finished making his oath, he looked down at his feet. The little indicator light on the panel flashed green. There was a pleasant little electronic chirp. The shaman got down and put the rifle back the way it was, put his headdress back on and went back to his cave. Calibrating the pedestal was always an emotionally draining chore, but after last week, he wanted to make sure the episode had not knocked the pedestal out of proper alignment. It was time to take his Saturday afternoon nap. No one saw him leave.

. . . Such as we are.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 72 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,672
Posts18,513,175
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.