Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Lisa McClain (R) proposing the Medal of Honor for the 13 dead Marines. What say youse guys? I say no, but it wasn't my kid killed, I have served in wartime, but never in combat.
Going a step further, Lisa, make me a sammich...you never served anywhere anytime and have no idea who Roy Benevidas or Audie Murphy or any of the others are.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’d have to hear some details before signing off on that one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave

This

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by steve4102

This

This. But at this point I look at those poor soldiers as victims.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bsolutely not! It is for exceptional heroism under fire.
You gonna give the MOH to ALL those killed in combat throughout history?
Combat injuries and deaths are given the purple heart!

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
on the surface this seems like shameless pandering. and i do mean shameless.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's a backhanded slap to Biden, he will either ignore it or have to say no

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No. They did their jobs and it’s a damn shame they were killed. They should all be alive today, but none of them did anything to warrant the MOH from what I have heard. Awarding the MOH to 13 servicemembers who all died in the same blast sounds asinine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I didn’t serve, so I’ll sit back and let those who did pass judgement.
But in my inexperienced opinion, decisions like that shouldn’t be made lightly or based on emotion.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think Joe should receive something around his neck for it though.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
No. They did their jobs and it’s a damn shame they were killed. They should all be alive today, but none of them did anything to warrant the MOH from what I have heard. Awarding the MOH to 13 servicemembers who all died in the same blast sounds asinine.

I agree.

Thought the MOH was for rare instances of heroism

Last edited by hookeye; 08/30/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102

This

Yep.

Just because Biden and crew fugged up, and got them killed does not make a MOH.

If democrats do that to try and cover their own mistakes, that got them killed, then they are cheapening and diluting the high standards the MOH stands for.

A liberal fuggs up every single thing they touch. Every. Single. Thing.

Those Marines died heros. And they should be recognized. But make the recognition fit the deed.

I'd be happy if those in charge of this foreign policy disaster faced a firing squad. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well hell yes they are victims... whether you are shredded by some crazy wearing an HE vest or an incoming arty or mortar HE...the delivery system matters not. We need more facts, but, it's clear these troops were 'outside the perimeter in close proximity with locals at huge risk. Even in Nam, in Indian country, you never went outside the wire without specific orders signed off at company level or above. So that means to me, they were out there, asses on the line on somebodies orders. My gut feeling is some Lt or above, needs to find a new line of work, supply or the messhall, if not a general discharge

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Only if the award reads:

'...risked their lives, above and beyond the call of duty, being lead by incompetents...'

but I probably should not comment, having never worn the uniform............................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While the loss of these 13 Marines is a terrible tragedy that need not have happened, the MOH is not warranted in this case. As other have stated, the MOH is given to those few that have gone way above and beyond the call of duty.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Something tells me that the families of those killed would be less than receptive to being handed a medal by Biden himself.

Or maybe not... It would put some of the family members in arm's reach of him! grin

Choked out and stomped on national TV. I'd pay to watch that! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Something tells me that the families of those killed would be less than receptive to being handed a medal by Biden himself.

Or maybe not... It would put some of the family members in arm's reach of him! grin

Choked out and stomped on national TV. I'd pay to watch that! smile

Yep. Be great if the Secret Service just stood aside and watched.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It's a tragedy no doubt, but don't cheapen the MOH.

FZY Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
To be clear Lisa McClain is proposing the Congressional Gold Medal not the MOH. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lisa-mcclain-spearheads-congressional-gold-medal-fallen-troops

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In order to receive the CMOH, one must have done something especially selfless, usually saving other soldier’s lives, but not necessarily.
There are several instances throughout history of folks deserving the Medal, but enough witnesses could not be located to verify, and so the Medal was not awarded.
Lt Eric Wood, cut off from his Artillery unit on 16 December 1945, springs to mind. Lt Wood waged a one man war on the Germans for weeks, as told by Belgian civilians. His body was found in the woods in January surrounded by 9 or more dead Germans.
So yes, I’d be interested in what these soldiers might have done to be deserving before I’d pass judgment, and I do agree it smells of pandering to me.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,936
Posts18,498,755
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.