Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Interesting short on Sterling’s life and his show

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My old lady watches it all the time.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That show was incredible - and reruns are still pretty eerie at times..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Always enjoy watching episodes with then mostly unknowns actors early in their careers who went on to become well known major stars.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rod Serling, not Sterling.

Common oversight. Just FYI.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
utoh, you've done it now.....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Twilight zone was always one of my favorites growing up. I still watch it on occasion.
My father spent 41-45 in the Phillipines fighting on the Jap islands. He was NOT a fan of the Japanese most of his life. Toward his last years he met a Japanese WW2 soldier about his age and they became friends and used to have coffee together.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I liked Night Gallery as a kid too.
Serling was very good.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Loved it as a kid. Still catch some of it when the Sci-Fi channel has the Twilight Zone Marathon. It's amazing how many stars were on that show before they became famous. I always wondered how Mr. Serling's career would have gone had he not died too young, (Age 50 IIRC) after chain smoking most of his adult life. Anyone notice all the different shots of Rod with a cigarette in that video link? Years ago I read a biography of him that claimed the only time he wasn't smoking was when he was asleep. It's a shame to see such talent cut short too soon. The production company for the Twilight Zone was called "Cayuga Productions", and is shown in the show's credits. Named after Cayuga Lake in the Finger Lakes region of NY state, where Rod had a summer home. He's buried near there in Interlaken, NY between Cayuga and Seneca lakes.

Last edited by 22250rem; 09/02/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I loved that show. I was an 11 year old kid in 1962, The Twilight Zone came on on Friday nights. My brothers and I a few neighborhood kids would be over at our house, and we would be glued to the tube, show came on about 9pm. The show came on with the monkey tearing up the airplane wing, we were so creeped out we could barely sleep that night.

On the following Monday, all the boys at school talked about the Twilight Zone episode from Friday. Most of the girls didn't watch it.
Today it still stands as one of the best shows ever put on tv. Of course, your competition today is garbage like The Batchelorette, nobody is likely to surpass The Twilight Zone any time soon.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of it, him or Foghat

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Loved it as a kid. Still catch some of it when the Sci-Fi channel has the Twilight Zone Marathon. It's amazing how many stars were on that show before they became famous. I always wondered how Mr. Serling's career would have gone had he not died too young, (Age 50 IIRC) after chain smoking most of his adult life. Anyone notice all the different shots of Rod with a cigarette in that video link? Years ago I read a biography of him that claimed the only time he wasn't smoking was when he was asleep. It's a shame to see such talent cut short too soon. The production company for the Twilight Zone was called "Cayuga Productions", and is shown in the show's credits. Named after Cayuga Lake in the Finger Lakes region of NY state, where Rod had a summer home. He's buried near there in Interlaken, NY between Cayuga and Seneca lakes.

My best friend was 5th Army 91st mtn division.
Smoke lucky’s non filtered. On a moose hunt , He would wake up a couple times in the middle of the night and have a smoke

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I loved that show. I was an 11 year old kid in 1962, The Twilight Zone came on on Friday nights. My brothers and I a few neighborhood kids would be over at our house, and we would be glued to the tube, show came on about 9pm. The show came on with the monkey tearing up the airplane wing, we were so creeped out we could barely sleep that night.

On the following Monday, all the boys at school talked about the Twilight Zone episode from Friday. Most of the girls didn't watch it.
Sixty years later, it still stands as one of the best shows ever put on tv. Of course, your competition today is garbage like The Batchelorette, nobody is likely to surpass The Twilight Zone any time soon.

I named my last dog Rip off the episode “The hunt”
That show put a stamp on a lot of people...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don’t remember details except must have been 7 or 8 years old and the grandparents were baby sitting myself and my sibs. My grand dad was watching the Twilight Zone — only thing I remember was the climax scene wherein there was this disembodied hand crawling across the floor. I have never been more creeped out since. Can still recall it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
He grew up and graduated HS across the river from my hometown. My Dad had some friends that knew him well from HS. My Dad was 7 years younger.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Let me think of the great ones.

The monkey on the airplane wing.

The WW1 fighter plane that landed in France in 1962

The man who got off the train in Willoughby

One named "Incident at Owl Creek Bridge." A Civil War soldier is hanged. Right as they drop him, the rope breaks, he lands in Owl Creek unharmed, swims away whith all the Yankees firing at him, gets into the woods unharmed, and makes it 400 miles to his house where he is greeted by his wife. About that time, he realizes it is all a dream, and the rope didn't break, and he really is dead.

The old granny hiding in her apartment in the basement of the condemned building, and she lets a nice policeman, Robert Redford in to comfort her. He seems like such a nice young man, too late, she realizes that he is the Death Angel.

Oh, let me not forget, the 737 flying from France to New York, they break the time barrier, and when they look down at Manhattan, instead of Idelwild Airport, they see a Tyrannosaurus Rex! Good Lord us boys at school talked about that one for a month! Still sends chills up my spine.

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
“To serve man”....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dvr them all ,then scan for one I have not seen.... pretty sure I seen them all , I do save a few that hit home.... to serve man, the coon hunting one with the old man and his dog ... the one where a small town girl makes it big and heads home to see family etc..big storm gets the plane ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agnes Moorehead as the lady who finds a little flying saucer in her attic, then battles and finally stomps the little spacemen. Then the camera shows the saucer has a U.S. flag on it.

Billy Mumy as the little boy who wishes people that piss him off “into the cornfield…”

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Agnes Moorehead as the lady who finds a little flying saucer in her attic, then battles and finally stomps the little spacemen. Then the camera shows the saucer has a U.S. flag on it.

Billy Mumy as the little boy who wishes people that piss him off “into the cornfield…”

Those are my two favorite episodes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (AlleghenyMountain, 3dtestify, 44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 35, 10 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,256
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.