Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Hook
Been thinking of getting an opinion about having the urolift procedure. Anyone have any first hand, or second hand, experience/knowledge about it? George?

I had it done 2 weeks ago. They gave me "laughing gas" for the procedure. It was not pleasant. For 3 to 4 days I peed blood clots. They told me I wood have problems with frequency and urgency for 3 to 4 days, I did. Two weeks out I feel good. I have had sex. It works OK.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I always read patient forums on specific medical matters for upcoming procedure. Get a good population sample of pure contributors instead of a hodge podge cross section of Larry and Darrell talking about their appendix and tonsillectomy from 1962.

There are also informative pages and websites from some of the specialty clinics and hospitals.

https://www.desertveinandvascular.c...sadvantages-turp-operation-bph-patients/

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Doc says I should think about having a TURP - Trans Urethral Recission Procedure for an enlarged prostate.

Who's had one? What benefits can you say you realized? Recovery time? Side effects?

I have not had one.
Was told I needed one.
refused.
I went to Houston to see Dr. Ara Karamanian.
His procedure is more effective long term than a turp and much less in the side effect dept.
Turps almost guarantee no more normal ejaculations. google "retrograde ejaculation:".
Turps have a high likelihood that you will suffer impotency afterwards. (at least higher than I'd want to risk)
Turps have a high likelihood that you will be incontinent. Males have 2 places that control bladder leakage. One of those is destroyed by the Turp.

Dr K's procedure is expensive and many/most insurances pay little on the procedure if they cover it at all.
It was the best $20K I ever spent.
My situation had degraded to the point I had to cath myself 4-5 times daily. After his procedure, I sound like a horse peeing and can pee about 5-6 feet away.
Sex drive unaffected. Normal ejaculation preserved. No ED at all. Life is good.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RJL53
That Green Light laser treatment is supposed to be the go to for BPH currently, don't know if that's true though.

If you want retrograde ejaculation, then I guess so.
But there are much better alternatives now.

I researched a lot before making my decision.

One is Focal Laser Ablation that I just mentioned with Dr. Karamanian.
Another is Aquablation. It was my 2nd choice.

read about those before TURP

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Before you make a decision, ask your urologist about PAE - Prostatic Artery Embolization. Minimally invasive and performed by an Interventional Radiologist, not a urologist.

Learn more here:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/treatment-tests-and-therapies/prostatic-artery-embolization

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Holy fugk

I couldnt imagine shoving a plastic straw up my cock 1/2 dozen times a day to piss.

I just about tore the ceiling panels down in an exam room once when they fished out a stent.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have had TURP procedure 5 years ago and needed the urolift procedure due to reoccurring issues. The urolift has worked well. I am feeling much better!I highly recommend it. Note": your mileage may vary!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I had it done five years ago. Very minor bleeding and some discomfort, not pain, urinating for a few days. Doc prescribed something to lessen the discomfort; found out it is also available OTC.

Before the surgery I was in the bathroom at least five times a night. After the surgery/healing it was back to one trip a night.

Starting to have more night time visits lately, so time to see the doc again.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
the good results from a turp are temporary, at best. But, the bad results are usually permanent.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Isnt that where they split the bottom half of you cock open like a hot dog bun and then shave off the camel humped part of the enlarged prostate?

FUNNY AS HELL !!!!!!!

"not too grumpy"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did the microwave therapy. It hurt like hell but it worked.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 53 invisible), 17,538 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,991
Posts18,540,198
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.