Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Gotlost aren't you a campbell county idiot? You know the guys that moved in from somewhere else and [bleep] things up the most.

As for the biologists claim.The forest service has an enforcement officer and he's claiming 5% violations andhas the tickets to back it up. The majority of violations,are no spark arrestor on 2 stroke dirt bikes. The game wardens like to claim that 75% of all hunters break game laws every year also.

We definately need to ban hunting,it simply puts too many people in the woods disturbing animals.

I've hunted and fished wilderness areas exstensively and as alpinecrick stated.The majority of wilderness is at high elevation and is rough. So rough,that half of the time you're walking your horses instead of riding them. There aren't any atv's running around in this terrain. In fact the forest service claims they have few if any problems with atvs in wilderness. Their problems begin during winter with snowmobiles.

As for the heros that want to shoot an atv.Go for it. The last idiot that shot a snowmobile in my area spent 5 years in the pen for the shooting and another 2 years for assaulting a game warden.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sledder
Gotlost aren't you a campbell county idiot?

Do you have any idea how to make a civil post?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sledder I'm from Cheyenne with time in Encampment, Riverton and a few other spots.
I probily have 100 hours of volunteer time with G&F, plus the time in spent with the wild Turkey Fed and DU on commities.
I don't hunt with horse's, the only time I have was up in the Thorofare 25 years ago.
Maybe if the enforcement officer got out of his pickup and walked once in a while he would see the real problem But he's to bussy checking camps because there's only one of them.
By the way that pic's of Quartzite Peak, In the Sierra Madre. If you can read the Nat forest Map you will see it's not wilderness but it is closed to all motorized Vehicles until Nov 1st then the snowmobiles take over.
What does shooting at snowmobile have to do with this?

Last edited by gotlost; 08/30/07.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
sledder,

Sorry to jump in. With my low number of posts, I'll save you or anyone else the trouble of trying to make me out to be a troll. I am not. But I feel obligated to identifiy your nonsense for what it is. Do you actually think you'll gain anyone's respect with what and how you've posted? Maybe things like that don't even register on your care scale, I don't know. But they should. Because most folks will tend to judge you motorheads by what you do and how you act. And the unknowing and non-hunting public will tend to judge all hunters as well.

"...the only damage I've seen in the type c areas,is trails made along fences and the occasional asswipe that has to mud bog in riparian areas.I hear about the illegal travel and trails and [bleep], but actually finding them is another story.The majority of these stories are propogated by the forest service and a$$holes that can't afford an atv."

You should get off your machine and look around then. I have many photographs of illegal travel and trails. I see them firsthand during the nearly three solid months of backpacking and backpack hunting I do every year. They're not hard to find if you want to. So I'd ask you to prove that the majority of the incidences are propogated by the USFS. "a$$holes who can't afford an atv"? You are proving your ignorance by relegating yourself to the use of ridiculous statements like this. I can most definitely afford one, maybe even two, but I choose to use the quads God gave me. Most everyone I know who is a foot-powered or horse-powered outdoorsman can afford one. What a nonsensical statement!

"...so their current scheme is to leave roads without marked designation. That way they can just hand out fines". So...it's a vast conspiracy by the USFS, eh? Do you actually want anyone to believe there is some grand plan to do this? Show us some proof.

"...the bottom line is if the forest service would simply just keep there (wrong word!) exsisting (misspelled) roads in place you wouldn't see abuse." You really need to educate yourself on the facts. The USFS doesn't even have to the funding to maintain the existing inventory of roads. So how do you propose they fund the proper maintenance of them? Do you have a plan? If so, let's hear it!

"...the majority of the pricks that support closing all the motorized roads,have horses..." Ignorance. The majority don't own horses. The majority are foot-powered folks. Get off your machine, do some hiking, and do the math. Again, your categorization of horse people as "pricks" sure won't garner you any respect in any circles, except your own very small one.

Regarding your statement that Colorado has "...orv trail systems that reach nearly every peak", patently false. It's obvious you don't spend much time in Colorado backcountry. We do have way too many trails open to OHVs, this is true. But we also have many low-elevation backcountry areas that are experiencing an epidemic of OHV abuse and overuse.

So, there you have it. If you want to debate this issue from your point of view in an educated and respectful manner, I think folks, including me, would be open to read it. But so far, all you've done is post misleading, untrue, unproven and disrespectful statements.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sorry to jump in. With my low number of posts, I'll save you or anyone else the trouble of trying to make me out to be a troll. I am not. But I feel obligated to identifiy your nonsense for what it is. Do you actually think you'll gain anyone's respect with what and how you've posted? Maybe things like that don't even register on your care scale, I don't know. But they should. Because most folks will tend to judge you motorheads by what you do and how you act. And the unknowing and non-hunting public will tend to judge all hunters as well.

- No there isn't any judgement being made based on the actions of others.The ones crying about atvs, already have their minds made up based on what someone else has told them.And their lack of hunting skills.

"...the only damage I've seen in the type c areas,is trails made along fences and the occasional asswipe that has to mud bog in riparian areas.I hear about the illegal travel and trails and [bleep], but actually finding them is another story.The majority of these stories are propogated by the forest service and a$$holes that can't afford an atv."

You should get off your machine and look around then. I have many photographs of illegal travel and trails. I see them firsthand during the nearly three solid months of backpacking and backpack hunting I do every year. They're not hard to find if you want to. So I'd ask you to prove that the majority of the incidences are propogated by the USFS. "a$$holes who can't afford an atv"? You are proving your ignorance by relegating yourself to the use of ridiculous statements like this. I can most definitely afford one, maybe even two, but I choose to use the quads God gave me. Most everyone I know who is a foot-powered or horse-powered outdoorsman can afford one. What a nonsensical statement!

-Tell you what,you provide the exact area and pictures of all of these atrocities done by atv's. I've heard more bullsh!t from people crying about atv's being abused,only to find out that the area is an orv area and off road use is permitted.

"...so their current scheme is to leave roads without marked designation. That way they can just hand out fines". So...it's a vast conspiracy by the USFS, eh? Do you actually want anyone to believe there is some grand plan to do this? Show us some proof.

"...the bottom line is if the forest service would simply just keep there (wrong word!) exsisting (misspelled) roads in place you wouldn't see abuse." You really need to educate yourself on the facts. ----The USFS doesn't even have to(add the word "do" you dumbass,to complete this sentence) the funding to maintain the existing inventory of roads.---- So how do you propose they fund the proper maintenance of them? Do you have a plan? If so, let's hear it!

- Actually,yes the funding comes from all of the mandatory orv permits they sell to operate on forest service lands.Its a fairly well proven program of funding.Snowmobiles have been using a permit system to pay for grooming,for years and they raise millions of dollars.

"...the majority of the pricks that support closing all the motorized roads,have horses..." Ignorance. The majority don't own horses. The majority are foot-powered folks. Get off your machine, do some hiking, and do the math. Again, your categorization of horse people as "pricks" sure won't garner you any respect in any circles, except your own very small one.

Regarding your statement that Colorado has "...orv trail systems that reach nearly every peak", patently false. It's obvious you don't spend much time in Colorado backcountry. We do have way too many trails open to OHVs, this is true. But we also have many low-elevation backcountry areas that are experiencing an epidemic of OHV abuse and overuse.

-Show some pictures of this abuse,that you've actually taken. If atv trails don't exsist on every peak in colorado,then what are you crying about.Obviously atv's aren't everywhere then.

So, there you have it. If you want to debate this issue from your point of view in an educated and respectful manner, I think folks, including me, would be open to read it. But so far, all you've done is post misleading, untrue, unproven and disrespectful statements.

-Thank you for acknowledging that what I've posted is true.And the truth feels like hell to you.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sledder, What credibility you had is gone now. go under your Bridge,

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Having read all these pages of snivel,from the anti atv crowd.Its managed to reinforce a number of statements made at various Forest service and game and fish meetings,that pertained to atv's and hunting in general on public lands.

First off,most of the biggest whiners against atv's like to blame atv's for their own lack of hunting skills. Their mentality is that if you walk some place,there will automatically be an elk behind every tree.

The fact is around 40% or more of your national forest isn't even suitable habitat for elk and historically it never has been.In fact its been proven that so much emphasis has been placed on elk,in areas that don't belong,that mule deer have suffered.

Add to this the fact that most western elk areas have less then 1000 elk, spread over up to three seperate hunting units. With the units combined adding up to hundreds if not thousands of square miles. Then you add relentless numbers of people utilizing these public lands in various manners, year round and further dispersing elk numbers.

Then you add the guy who doesn't even know how to hunt elk. Hunts in areas that seldom have elk,even during the summer months.Or actually goes back to where he and his old lady and kids saw elk in june and low behold none are there in october.This is the type of idiot that cries about atv's.Rather then examine their own inability to utilize national forest.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sledder I'm from Cheyenne with time in Encampment, Riverton and a few other spots.

So you moved from the east or west coast = "a few other spots".

Then moved to colorado and finding it too crowded moved to northern colorado, in other words cheyenne and encampment.

I probily have 100 hours of volunteer time with G&F, plus the time in spent with the wild Turkey Fed and DU on commities.

So basically commities dealing with finding local vendors to donate or cheaply sell door prizes and raffle items for WTF and DU banquets. So we cleared that up.

I don't hunt with horse's, the only time I have was up in the Thorofare 25 years ago.

-Yes,the thorofare is a prime example of the damage done by horses.

Maybe if the enforcement officer got out of his pickup and walked once in a while he would see the real problem But he's to bussy checking camps because there's only one of them.

-No actually he's on an atv.The three guys who check camps have an atv and pick ups.

By the way that pic's of Quartzite Peak, In the Sierra Madre. If you can read the Nat forest Map you will see it's not wilderness but it is closed to all motorized Vehicles until Nov 1st then the snowmobiles take over.

- Sure plenty of areas are flotation craft only. By the looks of the picture,you should have rolled the window down before snapping the pic.

What does shooting at snowmobile have to do with this?

-With all the tough talk about shooting atv's,I've only seen one case similar and it involved a snowmachine and prison time.Evidently the antis aren't as tough as they think.

The upside is,your kid was smart enough to buy an atv.He learned from your ignorance.And he doesn't have to sit in camp and watch you get liquored up,crying about the lack of elk or atv's.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I'd be happy to post some photos. All I have to do is upload them and post them here, which I will do. And yes, before you or anyone else twists it, I took all of them myself. So standby.

So, I'm willing to show you proof...how about you coming up with some of your own? How about some hard data, instead of anecdotal, broad-brush statements.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You're an hard headed sumbitch, I'll give you that. Let me guess - about 5'8'' & 450 pounds? Can you even get to the top of a mountian without your atv?

Park the atv, strap on a backpack, and hit the woods on your hind legs. It'll be good for you, might even help you live longer.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Actually, my input is why should I have to walk someplace, regardless of if I see an elk or not, or deer or not, and then while sitting down to wait out daylight, be passed by an illegal ATV???

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know now sedder cann't read a map, Dose not support wildlife and will say anything to get his way.
Now I would say he's a infantile troll.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Bout sums it up...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
were did that ingnore button go?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jds44
You're an hard headed sumbitch, I'll give you that. Let me guess - about 5'8'' & 450 pounds? Can you even get to the top of a mountian without your atv?

Park the atv, strap on a backpack, and hit the woods on your hind legs. It'll be good for you, might even help you live longer.

Actually no,I'm 6 foot tall,200lbs and your old lady says I'm well hung. In fact jds44 she said I've been getting pu$$y you've never had.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Such an accurate remark, I had to quote it again...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

First off,most of the biggest whiners against atv's like to blame atv's for their own lack of hunting skills. Their mentality is that if you walk some place,there will automatically be an elk behind every tree.

Add to this the fact that most western elk areas have less then 1000 elk, spread over up to three seperate hunting units. With the units combined adding up to hundreds if not thousands of square miles. Then you add relentless numbers of people utilizing these public lands in various manners, year round and further dispersing elk numbers.

Then you add the guy who doesn't even know how to hunt elk. This is the type of idiot that cries about atv's.Rather then examine their own inability to utilize national forest.

It's really not that, Sledder. It's simply that ATV's change EVERYTHING. A significant part of my hunting success, and I am successful, has to do with working my way into areas that hold game. If ATV'ers were to have unfettered access to everything, those areas would essentially not exist, and 20 years from now hunting would consist of getting on your ATV along with everyone else and DRIVING into the woods. What kind of hunting is that? What kind of wilderness experience? What kind of FUN?!

My feeling is that as long as ATV's stay on the same roads and trails that jeeps, trucks, etc are using then it's a non-issue. In addition, I don't take issue with some number of ATV trails. My problem is guys getting off the trails. It just changes everything, and if they are allowed to do that then what's point of even hunting on foot? The two are not compatible, and considering that ATV's are also doing damage to the land it's hard for me to understand how you could be advocating something that spoils the hunting and wrecks the terrain.

So the solution is to drive ATV's everywhere?

-jeff

Last edited by Jeff_Olsen; 08/30/07.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lookout boys! Here comes sledder!!!

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_Olsen

Then you add the guy who doesn't even know how to hunt elk. This is the type of idiot that cries about atv's.Rather then examine their own inability to utilize national forest.

It's really not that, Sledder. It's simply that ATV's change EVERYTHING. A significant part of my hunting success, and I am successful, has to do with working my way into areas that hold game. If ATV'ers were to have unfettered access to everything, those areas would essentially not exist, and 20 years from now hunting would consist of getting on your ATV along with everyone else and DRIVING into the woods. What kind of hunting is that? What kind of wilderness experience? What kind of FUN?!

My feeling is that as long as ATV's stay on the same roads and trails that jeeps, trucks, etc are using then it's a non-issue. In addition, I don't take issue with some number of ATV trails. My problem is guys getting off the trails. It just changes everything, and if they are allowed to do that then what's point of even hunting on foot? The two are not compatible, and considering that ATV's are also doing damage to the land it's hard for me to understand how you could be advocating something that spoils the hunting and wrecks the terrain.

-jeff

No actually,the solution is to leave the trail system the way it is. The fact is there's so many legal trails,that few people are abusing atv's by driving them off road illegaly. What you do have is a bunch of cry baby [bleep] that will complain about anything that isn't their idea. Its hard to find guys on ntional forest hunting that don't have atv's or have access to them.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_Olsen

-jeff

No actually,the solution is to leave the trail system the way it is. The fact is there's so many legal trails,that few people are abusing atv's by driving them off road illegaly. What you do have is a bunch of cry baby [bleep] that will complain about anything that isn't their idea. Its hard to find guys on national forest hunting that don't have atv's or have access to them.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (160user, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 75 invisible), 3,154 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,545
Posts18,510,183
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.