-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone here suffer from either of those two ailments? If so, have you ever tried the shoe inserts sold by "Good Feet," a nationwide company that sells custom arch inserts to help correct foot ailments and reduce pain in feet, etc.?

If you've used the products from "Good Feet," did you have good results and satisfaction from their inserts? They are quite expensive and I'd appreciate any info you users would care to share.

Thank you.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve worn Footminders in nearly all my shoes and boots for about a decade. I need a lot of arch support, as well as tilt correction. Wearing these really lined up my legs a lot better and helped rid me of nagging knee issues. My feet hurt if I’m walking around the house a lot barefoot. I can put on some slip-on Sanuk style shoes with the Footminders and it’s instant relief. I’ve found some Teva flip flops with big arches and they work too.

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Buy some ALTRAS and forget about inserts.Do more calf exercises.

Last edited by ribka; 09/23/21.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Inserts work, but you can often find “off the shelf” alternatives that are as good, for WAY less. You might also see about seeing a podiatrist. If you have good insurance, or Medicare advantage, you might be able to get inserts from them for way cheaper.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What type of footwear do you normally wear?

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've had custom orthotics made, insurance paid for them. They helped a lot with planters facetious caused by my flat feet. Once you get used to them, they work great. Believe it or not, I got mine through my chiropractor and my insurance paid for them.

My wife got some through a podiatrist after she developed planters facetious as well. We went to "Good Feet" when she was diagnosed, but they were so expensive and our insurance wouldn't pay any of the costs. So we went the long route if physical therapy and referrals to get insurance to cover them.

If you need orthotics get them, they'll make a world of difference in relieving pain. However, they do wear out and will need replacing every few years. If you can get insurance to pay for them ask the Dr to perscribe two pair so you can rotate the more easily.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Walmart has a machine you get on that measures the support you need. I think it’s Dr Scholls. I have used their inserts for years since I got on that machine. I have them in my work boots and dancing boots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Walmart has a machine you get on that measures the support you need. I think it’s Dr Scholls. I have used their inserts for years since I got on that machine. I have them in my work boots and dancing boots.

Like this?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🕺🏻🕺

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I haven t used the "Good Feet", ones mentioned,i have custom insoles my insurance paid for.,My daughter uses ,,SAMURAI,, insoles with good results.
There are surgical options also,I've had an,, EVANS,, procedure,came out well.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I use the Dr. Scholls inserts that I got at Walmart. There is a kiosk that you stand on and it will help you determine what you need. I've been using them for 5 years. You will want to replace them yearly, at least, if you wear them daily as they break down.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Only a man secure in his masculinity would mention his dancing boots on the CFgrin

I will second the suggestion of trying Altra shoes [zero drop] and calf strengthening/stretching exercises. I use Superfeet insoles in my boots w' good results.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 09/24/21.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Like this?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🕺🏻🕺

😜💃🏻🕺🏻

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My arches are fallen side to side, not front to back.

The key is loose weight.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Nothing made by man can help my feet.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Profoot arch supports help me. Walgreens, safeway. Reasonable price and made in usa. I get new ones with every new shoes so I dont need to move them

Stand on a step with your toes ans stretch the calf muscles including side to side. Roll a frozen water bottle under your foot, you will be amazed how much it hurts.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Superfeet for ~$50 -- choose the correct type (by color) for your foot
Otherwise, if you need to spend more to address the issue, get orthotics from a podiatrist that will replace them if they're not right or don't work.

Either way, you may need to go up half a size or a whole size in the footwear, especially if the footwear does not have an existing removeable insole.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
No worries for me. Mine are like the Gateway Arch at St Louis. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Superfeet for ~$50 -- choose the correct type (by color) for your foot

+1 Superfeet Copper for me

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I had custom orthotics made several years ago - what an improvement it made. Well worth it, even though I paid out-of-pocket.

They hurt like crazy for the first few days, but power through it and you'll never look back.

YMMV

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Gentlemen, thank you for that information. It will definitely come in handy in my selection.

To answer a couple of questions: I wear Florsheim dress shoes and New Balance canvas type shoes for gym and much outdoor use. Have used leather mocassins from L.L. Bean but not at the moment as they need to be replaced.

As for "losing weight," no, I am 5'10" and weigh 160 lbs, so pounds are not the problem.

Again, thank you all for your responses.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 10 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,075
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.