J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I think that is very well said.

Any problem with those who've chosen otherwise based upon their own risk analysis? Serious question with no malice.

It’s pretty simple for me. It comes down to two factors. First, I know my risks with Covid and I find them perfectly acceptable. Therefore, even if I believed that the vaccine was one hundred percent safe, I wouldn’t feel particularly motivated to get the shot. But since I know that no vaccine is completely safe, I feel no need to take on the additional risk of a vaccine. Secondly, it is well established and even admitted by the CDC that the vaccine does nothing to moderate the spread of the disease. Therefore, I have no public responsibility to take the vaccine.

These points are entirely logical and unassailable. Therefore, I view any attempt to argue against them with suspicion. Any attempt to do so, is at very best misguided but quite possibly maliciously motivated. The more strident those who would seek to change my mind become, the less I trust them. The less I trust them, the more unlikely it is that I will ever get the shot.

Problem? No. Though I doubt many of them actually did a risk analysis, because if they did, 99% of people would decide as I have.

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Were these risk factor for CDC employees factored in?

1. If you disagree with the narritive you may be unemployed.

2. If you dont agree with Faukki you may need to find another job.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Were these risk factor for CDC employees factored in?

1. If you disagree with the narritive you may be unemployed.

2. If you dont agree with Faukki you may need to find another job.

Of course not. One size does not fit all, in any regard.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
FDA: Heart Attacks 71 times more often for Vaccine takers – We are killing 2 people for each one the vaccine saves? The stats… at FDA – YouTube will not delete! lol

The propagandists still haven’t deleted this due to the fact that it is a FDA uploaded video…. but expect the Deep State to take it out soon… who wants to bet…. I bet it will not last long as you know what is going on. You can share this and others will see it too on FB and the rest since it is FDA.

https://generaldispatch.whatfinger....tats-at-fda-youtube-will-not-delete-lol/

The FDA is not saying that. The person saying this is Steve Kirsch, an "anti-vaxer" who was speaking at an FDA meeting. The FDA has specifically refuted his claims.

It seems obvious that the "71 times" quote is false simply based on the fact that there are about 1.5 million heart attacks a year in the USA. 71 times that would be 106 million heart attacks. The hospitals would already be overflowing with heart attack victims. Instead, here in Alaska anyway they are being overwhelmed with Covid cases.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just talked to a client who kind of dropped off the radar for a few weeks. Last time we talked before this a month or so ago, he was talking about having gotten the vaccine. He dropped off the radar because he had a couple of strokes and he has been in the hospital. He got home on Monday and now he has Covid.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just talked to a client who kind of dropped off the radar for a few weeks. Last time we talked before this a month or so ago, he was talking about having gotten the vaccine. He dropped off the radar because he had a couple of strokes and he has been in the hospital. He got home on Monday and now he has Covid.

Both safe and effective.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Buck_
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
FDA: Heart Attacks 71 times more often for Vaccine takers – We are killing 2 people for each one the vaccine saves? The stats… at FDA – YouTube will not delete! lol

The propagandists still haven’t deleted this due to the fact that it is a FDA uploaded video…. but expect the Deep State to take it out soon… who wants to bet…. I bet it will not last long as you know what is going on. You can share this and others will see it too on FB and the rest since it is FDA.

https://generaldispatch.whatfinger....tats-at-fda-youtube-will-not-delete-lol/

The FDA is not saying that. The person saying this is Steve Kirsch, an "anti-vaxer" who was speaking at an FDA meeting. The FDA has specifically refuted his claims.

It seems obvious that the "71 times" quote is false simply based on the fact that there are about 1.5 million heart attacks a year in the USA. 71 times that would be 106 million heart attacks. The hospitals would already be overflowing with heart attack victims. Instead, here in Alaska anyway they are being overwhelmed with Covid cases.

Facts matter...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by smokepole

But to say that the US government has sponsored and implemented a vaccination program designed to kill and injure as many people as possible is idiotic. And it just lends credence to the left's contention that anti-vaxxers are kooks. I've seen mention of the KOTY award on here many times, but I think it's time to break out the KOTC award.

In ten years, you'll be marveling at how TRH had it right way back in 2021.

No. If you've got it right I won't be marveling at anything, I'll be too busy roaming the countryside like Mad Max looking for food and fuel because everyone will be dead.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bump

Any problem with those who've chosen otherwise based upon their own risk analysis? Serious question with no malice.

It’s pretty simple for me. It comes down to two factors. First, I know my risks with Covid and I find them perfectly acceptable. Therefore, even if I believed that the vaccine was one hundred percent safe, I wouldn’t feel particularly motivated to get the shot. But since I know that no vaccine is completely safe, I feel no need to take on the additional risk of a vaccine. Secondly, it is well established and even admitted by the CDC that the vaccine does nothing to moderate the spread of the disease. Therefore, I have no public responsibility to take the vaccine.

These points are entirely logical and unassailable. Therefore, I view any attempt to argue against them with suspicion. Any attempt to do so, is at very best misguided but quite possibly maliciously motivated. The more strident those who would seek to change my mind become, the less I trust them. The less I trust them, the more unlikely it is that I will ever get the shot.

Problem? No. Though I doubt many of them actually did a risk analysis, because if they did, 99% of people would decide as I have.

Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

Regarding 99% agreement with your choice, would that be those who possessed the same information and had the same personal risk factors as yourself, or literally 99% of all persons? For instance 90+% of physicians, my 82 year old step-father, all 50 sitting governors, Mr and Mrs Trump. One percenters or just those of differing circumstances? No malice. I agree 100% with what you wrote previously. To each his own, there's nothing more important.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bump. Pure curiosity what 99% was referenced?

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Secondly, it is well established and even admitted by the CDC that the vaccine does nothing to moderate the spread of the disease.

I heard a doctor on the radio last week claim that vaccinated break through cases on average were contagious for just 3 days, and that the unvaccinated once infected with covid were contagious for 7 to 10 days. Can anyone confirm?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
...Secondly, it is well established and even admitted by the CDC that the vaccine does nothing to moderate the spread of the disease. Therefore, I have no public responsibility to take the vaccine.

The above statement is obviously false.

CDC: "Getting vaccinated is the best way to slow the spread of COVID-19"

Getting the vaccine is not a 100% guarantee that a person won't get sick or spread Covid, just as seat-belts aren't a 100% guarantee that the wearer won't suffer from a traffic accident, yet statistics clearly show the efficacy of vaccines and seat belts.

This was written long before Covid became so political, and it's just as true today: Besides individual protection, vaccination programs also rely on population or “herd” immunity: the immunization of large portions of the population to protect the unvaccinated, immunocompromised, and immunologically naïve by reducing the number of susceptible hosts

We have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works...Everybody, go get your shot,” Donald Trump

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I carry at least three aspirins all the time.

In your chew pouch?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Buck_
...Secondly, it is well established and even admitted by the CDC that the vaccine does nothing to moderate the spread of the disease. Therefore, I have no public responsibility to take the vaccine.

The above statement is obviously false.

CDC: "Getting vaccinated is the best way to slow the spread of COVID-19"

Getting the vaccine is not a 100% guarantee that a person won't get sick or spread Covid, just as seat-belts aren't a 100% guarantee that the wearer won't suffer from a traffic accident, yet statistics clearly show the efficacy of vaccines and seat belts.

This was written long before Covid became so political, and it's just as true today: Besides individual protection, vaccination programs also rely on population or “herd” immunity: the immunization of large portions of the population to protect the unvaccinated, immunocompromised, and immunologically naïve by reducing the number of susceptible hosts

We have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works...Everybody, go get your shot,” Donald Trump

Actually, Tucker said the same thing as JoeBob last night.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bump

Regarding 99% agreement with your choice, would that be those who possessed the same information and had the same personal risk factors as yourself, or literally 99% of all persons? For instance 90+% of physicians, my 82 year old step-father, all 50 sitting governors, Mr and Mrs Trump. One percenters or just those of differing circumstances? No malice. I agree 100% with what you wrote previously. To each his own, there's nothing more important.

So, what 99% (99% of what population) would, in your iopinion, agree with and act in accordance with your choice?

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Bump

So, what 99% (99% of what population) would, in your iopinion, agree with and act in accordance with your choice?

I personally don’t think the risk of this disease is strong enough for anyone to get the vaccine, but I’m not their daddy. They can make their own choices and live with them. Now of course, they are potentially doing a great deal of damage to public health as a whole with their vaccine driven variants, but oh well, that is more of a government and public policy thing than an individual thing.

But if we hadn’t started with the ridiculous vaccine push, this thing would be over by now. We would be like Sweden.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

But if we hadn’t started with the ridiculous vaccine push, this thing would be over by now. We would be like Sweden.

I've been saying that for months. It was, in fact, following the normal process of running its course through the population, and then disappearing, when the vaccines started, which then caused the resurgence. It can be seen on the charts quite clearly, and that worldwide. Wherever in the chart the vaxxes started, is where the resurgence started, after a normal decline, all at different points in time, depending on when that nation started rolling out the vaccines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1 in 4 Males in the US die of some form of heart attack. Pick any 4 guys, and one will likely go out that way

I'd wanna know if this 71x heart attack risk is a killing heart attack, a relatively minor incidence of inflammation, or a fleeting arrhythmia?

With all of the hoard dying of C19, and 71 out of every 4 vaccinated males dying of heart attack, there simply must be a pile of bodies somewhere.
Where are the bodies?

Someone's niece died after getting the vaccine

EE died of C19, and I'd assume from his posts online that he was not vaccinated

Both of these are tragedies, and not to be made light of. EE was a valued member here, and I'm certain that the niece (nurse) made the world around her better. Sad that they're gone

But I say with all due respect that everyone dies sometime. And I don't see piles of bodies in the street from either viral illness or vaccination.
A little more than a year ago I polled members here to see who knew anyone who'd had C19. There were only a few positive reports.
I'd guess that if you don't know someone who has had it, or had it yourself, today, that you live pretty isolated.
At New Years, or so, they rolled out with vaccines. In the first months after it was pretty rare to find someone who'd actually gotten the vaccine.
But like the virus, if you don't know some who are vaccinated today, you're pretty isolated.

Vaccinations of every sort have all had their known risks. How many hundreds or thousands of kids actually got polio from the vaccination?

I hear guys talk about how they don't want anything to do with a vaccine that alters RNA or DNA. But viruses also alter the same things that a vaccination might, and in the case of C19 the risks of the disease in the long term are still in the discovery stage.

I do believe that the virus is worse than the vax. For most...

I've had both, and yet to suffer any great ill from either.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by Squidge
Interesting read on the vaccines and blood clots. There's something about the spike protein in both the vaccine or with a Covid-19 infection that can cause blood clots in some people, they still don't quite understand what is going on.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02291-2

Friends mother died from a clot going to her brain after her first shot, two weeks after the jab....dead.

My mother in law died the same way. Two years before Covid19 was a thing.

The vaccine related blood clotting issue is a recognized hazard associated with a rare blood disorder. As of August there were 26 known cases nationwide. They are a specific type of blood clot in a specific area of the brain.
In the Western suburbs of Chicago is a large hospital operated solely for victims of stroke. It's been there for decades, and about half of the stroke victims got there due to blood clots in their brain.

Edit; There is no second jab with the vaccine associated with blood clots.

There is no "one terrible vaccine". There are three distinct vaccines. Different benefits. Different risks.

Last edited by johnw; 09/25/21.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I've been saying that for months.

You guys do realize that the vaccination rate in Sweden is significantly higher than in the US, right?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,516
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.