This recipe is based on one I got off of www.deerslayer1.com (which doesn't seem to be working currently). Anyhow, he had pix posted at his site, and the recipe is a real winner.

Cut all the silver skin and fat off the backstrap. I cut about 15" of backstrap into two pieces. Brought to room temperature. Seasoned with pepper, garlic powder and salt. Wrapped in bacon, held in place with toothpicks (which I'd soaked earlier in water). Put gas grill on medium heat. Turned frequently to prevent flareups. Used meat thermometer to test for medium-rare (I actually prefer medium) because the bacon makes it difficult to eyeball how done the tenderloin is.

Cut into 3/4" slices. Served with red wine, heirloom tomato/mozzarella/basil salad, corn-on-the-cob and fresh rye bread. My hunting partner/friend was there for dinner. He always processes his antelopes into sausage. His eyes got big on his first bite, and he says "Man, is this tender!" It was delicious. (Alone or with some bacon still wrapped around the forkful.) It was just outstanding, as was the fresh wild mountain blackberry pie with whipped cream and coffee for dessert.

Looking forward to trying an antelope medallion with a mustard/shallot sauce recipe next.

"Speed Goat: It's what's for dinner...."

Murphy was a grunt.