Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Both of these manufacturers have a direct to consumer model. I’m thinking of purchasing one to put on a long range rig. Anyone have experience with these scopes? Tracking reliability and zero retention is my major concern. They both have similar features that are appealing to me.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Buy both and let us know

You'll shoot your eye out
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I have no experience with Maven, but I am extremely pleased with Tract Optics. I have 3 scopes and 2 pair of their binoculars

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Compare their eye relief too.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I really like the specs on the maven Rs.2, until I het to the eye relief. That short is a no go for me.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I really liked the Rs2 also, until I had the opportunity to look through one. Eye relief and eyebox are distinctively small.

I’m surprised Maven didn’t address that in the first place.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've only looked through one single Tract scope, a Response 4-16x42mm. It happens to be mounted on one of my rifles. I have never even seen a Maven optic, even in a display case.

I can say that the Tract I own---a relatively inexpensive scope, at that---seems to be a very good optic. It's a bit on the heavy side, but not a deal breaker at all. Aesthetically, I don't think it would belong on a Model 70 Super Grade, but it's not truly homely in appearance. For utility's sake I don't think it could be beat at its price point...it's just a matter of preferences. My single complaint, were I to voice it, is the limited choice of reticles. I'd prefer a simple duplex reticle, but I can live with the one I chose. For a $424 $474 scope, it is very nice.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I've only looked through one single Tract scope, a Response 4-16x42mm. It happens to be mounted on one of my rifles. I have never even seen a Maven optic, even in a display case.

I can say that the Tract I own---a relatively inexpensive scope, at that---seems to be a very good optic. It's a bit on the heavy side, but not a deal breaker at all. Aesthetically, I don't think it would belong on a Model 70 Super Grade, but it's not truly homely in appearance. For utility's sake I don't think it could be beat at its price point...it's just a matter of preferences. My single complaint, were I to voice it, is the limited choice of reticles. I'd prefer a simple duplex reticle, but I can live with the one I chose. For a $424 $474 scope, it is very nice.

I don't think Tract makes the Response line anymore, the Toric replaced it. The Toric 3-15x42mm only has 2 reticle choices, the T-Plex (a simple duplex with thinner crosshair on top) and a BDC reticle. Fantastic scope $754

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I don't think Tract makes the Response line anymore, the Toric replaced it. The Toric 3-15x42mm only has 2 reticle choices, the T-Plex (a simple duplex with thinner crosshair on top) and a BDC reticle. Fantastic scope $754

The Tract Toric is the high end scope and the responce was a lower end scope. They were both made at the same time if memory serves

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You are correct.......been on the site many times and have never noticed that model. no choice in reticle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It IS a nice scope, though. One day I'll have time and opportunity to see how that reticle plays on my rifle. It's a Mark X in 6-284, and I'm pushing 70-grain BTs out of it petty fast. All I've had a chance to do with it so far is sight in at 200. I do like the scope!

Don't be the darkness.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have a rimfire model. Really nice scope and a steal at $200 IMO. Just ordered a Toric 3-15x42 for use on a Ruger Frontier 7-08. Taking it on a hunt next week. I’ll report back after I get it mounted and shoot a few rounds with it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 3,086 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,658
Posts18,533,977
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.