Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Jeebus does it always come to this? What is your answer to the original question?

I think I was clear enough.

Maybe you should start your own thread to moderate?

Why the hell do you care how or what my reply to another is, Karen?

BTW, what the fugg do your last few posts here have to do with the original question?

The point is the OP showed himself to be squarely in the camp of moral relativism which is precisely part of the problem 8n this country. What's your answer to his original post?

Since you can't seem to read well, I agree with him.

It's hard to respect a double standard of law application , when the entire judicial system is weaponized against the citizens.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope. 2 Tier system where law applies to some depending on race, status, political affiliation ect.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The moral principals that define my integrity, and my ethics are all that concern me any longer. I fear the law, but have no respect for it, mainly due to its biased application. A government this corrupt deserves no respect and no support from honest folks.

Good words, & I agree & act the same.

MM

And another moral relativist dodo bird speaks. Unreal.

Look, another dumbass that believes a government dictates what right or wrong is.
As far as moral relativity, I’m not sure how it applies to me or you’d label me as such. I certainly don’t believe that morals/ethics differ or are based on my cultural norms. Quite the opposite, I believe right and wrong is universal at a basic level. Killing, stealing and lying is wrong. Pretty simple.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not so much lately. How can I have respect for a system that has no respect for me? The current administration is openly contemptuous of me and other conservatives. They lie to us about almost everything, inflation, the border crises, covid-19, etc. but if we resist their lies we become the enemy. Hilary Clinton called half the country deplorable. Ashli Babbitt was summarily executed and nothing is done about it meanwhile the policeman who killed Floyd is convicted of murder. It's hard to have respect for such a lopsided system. The odd thing to me is those in power have no respect even for their own.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Generically law has always been a two tiered system since the dawn of society, economic and political.

Scumbag Powerhungry fûcks like bluefish prefer political most moral men economic.

The Constitution is the currently greatest balance of the two in the history of mankind.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Good people back the blue. Unfortunately we found out their loyalty is to their pensions and the deep state. MAGA

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wrong. Government does not dictate right or wrong. Never said that. If I have misread the OP fine, apologies, but I took him to mean his ethics are whatever he says they are. If so, I strongly disagree. But if OP means his ethics are aligned with universal truths then we agree.

The way life should be.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I have the utmost respect for the authors of our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I have zero respect for the vast majority of our current lawmakers.

I have the utmost respect for the LEO's and armed service members who are our there making sure we keep those original ideals intact. Believe me - there are some that are still out there, and it's unfair to paint them all with a broad brush.

I have zero respect for the ones who do otherwise.

And I'm damn glad I grew up in the era I did, and not the current one. frown
I agree 1oo% with this

Last edited by sambubba; 10/22/21.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tigerluty
Most law has been broken, i tolerate the laws that are tolerable and discard the other way round

Fffuugk you, you miserable scamming piece of schidt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolutely not.

I've seen a couple good people be accused of things I'm certain they
didn't do. And in the absence of evidence (he said, she said) the
nature of the accusations reigns over "innocent until proven guilty".

They were, in fact, forced to try to prove innocence.

Consider the Duke Lacrosse team.
They only got exonerated because their families had the money
to find enough evidence to prove innocence. Something that's
often impossible.

Consider your own reaction to someone being accused of a sex crime.
"They ought to hang...."
Remember when you heard about a bunch of rich college athletes
raping a woman.

Our system isn't supposed to work that way.
But, it does.

On the other hand, look at what Hillary has hotten away with.

Look at the rioters, caught at 10pm, released by 10am.
Repeatedly.

How, could you possibly believe in "The Rule of Law"?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes. Still respect the bones of the system, hijacked though it is. Innocent until proven guilty, jury of peers, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It depends on the integrity of those administering it. Everything a democrap touches including the Rule of Law, turns to schitt,.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is killing a lying, stealing, corrupt politician right or wrong?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
"The law is the king speaking".

This has been the attitude of the us Government for a very long time. I haven't recognized the authority of Washington D.C. in 30+ years, when I had only just begun to realize what was really going on. The States are catching up quickly now.

Their only "authority" is the point of a bayonet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I see the law as more of a guideline where I get to choose which I agree with.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The problem is basic, conservatives mostly believe in the rule of law. Liberals on the other hand do not " as far as they are concerned your not guilty of any wrong doing until your caught and convicted of it". With one side of the populace trying to hold on moral higher ground and the other refusing to even recognize it, you will see a steady erosion of it. That is where and why we are at our present situation here in the US.
..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The problem is basic, conservatives mostly believe in the rule of law. Liberals on the other hand do not " as far as they are concerned your not guilty of any wrong doing until your caught and convicted of it". With one side of the populace trying to hold on moral higher ground and the other refusing to even recognize it, you will see a steady erosion of it. That is where and why we are at our present situation here in the US.
..mb

You would probably have a valid argument there if the law didn't demand that I believe and support the gender crap, homo crap and all the other unadulterated filth the weirdo politicians pander to.

No...the law is a guideline only...and only when it suits me.

Fuck 'em.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I recall conversations with our legal counsel, during my working years.

The gist of it was that the naivete of idealistic law students is knocked out of them during the first year.

A couple of examples: "There is no law, only lawyers". Professor to law student (sarcastically) "Oh, Mr.___has discovered a LAW!"

We are living under a tyranny of lawyers. A civilized society, a nation of laws, needs lawyers, but the influence and power of the legal profession has come to exceed that which is reasonable. Furthermore, the greatest concentration of such power is found disproportionately among graduates of a few elite law schools. Far too much concentration of power.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[quote=Magnumdood]How anyone that sees hillary clinton walking free every day can have respect for our "rule of law" mystifies me.[/quot

Whole bunch of MFers out there that fit that piece of thought .
POS recently involved in a wreck , no insurance , no DL , been arrested several times for various crimes , rolls over on some other POS and walks , to much lead way given to snitches and bitches .
Lot of good points made in this thread , future will be interesting to say the least .
Kenneth

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.