Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Ruger4Life, you're an idiot!

Farming, congrats to your father! That is one big Tigerfish and I am sure it was a blast on a flyrod.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Ruger4Life, you're an idiot!

Farming, congrats to your father! That is one big Tigerfish and I am sure it was a blast on a flyrod.

Well said Elks! 👍

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
So, a person spends $7,00.00+? on an extravagant fishing trip to Africa, and all anyone can say is “well-done”, and “congratulations”?

No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket! No one gives a f-ck about anything or anyone; just their own EGO!!

Same goes to you dum Neanderthal b*stardz that only care about posting pics about antlers that you have mounted in your living room!

Yes, I hunt. Yes, I hunt for large, edible game. BUT; I have yet to “mount” an animal or their antlers on my wall. It’s an insult to our Creator that made these animals, and an abomination.

Meat hunting is totally acceptable to God, and I do enjoy the excellent meat. Trophy hunting just ain’t right…

Why is it any of your business what he spent. If he had the money then it is his to do as he wishes. Looking at that photo I would bet he released the fish and did not have it mounted as you stated in your ramblings. If you have nothing constructive to say then STFU!!

To the OP, congratulations to your dad. Looks like he had a great trip.

Last edited by ATC; 10/25/21. Reason: added text
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, a person spends $7,00.00+? on an extravagant fishing trip to Africa, and all anyone can say is “well-done”, and “congratulations”?

No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket! No one gives a f-ck about anything or anyone; just their own EGO!!

Same goes to you dum Neanderthal b*stardz that only care about posting pics about antlers that you have mounted in your living room!

Yes, I hunt. Yes, I hunt for large, edible game. BUT; I have yet to “mount” an animal or their antlers on my wall. It’s an insult to our Creator that made these animals, and an abomination.

Meat hunting is totally acceptable to God, and I do enjoy the excellent meat. Trophy hunting just ain’t right…

That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

I hope that I still look as good as this fisherman does when I am 76. Congatulations to the gentleman for getting out and enjoying his life.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
F
Farming Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
We get on these threads ask questions and share adventures. Just sharing a adventure dad had. He really did seem to enjoy it even though he got food poisoning on the last day. Glad he’s doing what he likes while he’s able.Took him a few days to catch up on rest when he got home but that’s to be expected at 76.

Thanks for all the well wishes . If he could figure out how retrieve more pics I’d post some but he ain’t that techie.

Last edited by Farming; 10/25/21.
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

A trip to Tanzania for $700.00 is an accomplishment in itself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Come to think of it, your dad does look in remarkably good shape for a 76yo, ain’t too many that age can comfortably crouch down like that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Moron! You must be jealous, move along. Be holier than thou some were else!

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
What an awesome catch!! Tigerfish is definitely on my bucket list. Congratulations to your dad on a bad ass trip!!

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Great photo of a happy sportsman! And a reminder of what some of us are lucky enough to know: when you’re in your late 70’s, life ain’t over.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tell us a little more about the trip.

Was it a remote tented camp that required a charter? If so, it is a very short distance from my first hunt in Africa, LU5 in the Selous.

I have fished tigers in Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe and the Ibenga River in the Republic of Congo, but never in Tanzania.

Anyway outstanding fish and hopefully a trip of a lifetime, thanks for sharing.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dale06

You really hate successful people don’t you. Must be a miserable life of jealousy that you have.
Enjoy your suffering cause you can’t measure up.

So true, congrats to your father.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
C
CWD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Congrats to your Dad. That's one of my bucket list fish.

RLTW
NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice. Hope I'm still going strong like that at 76.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Since no one goes to Africa to hunt or fish for meat, why do you bother to read this forum? What a jealous [bleep]…..

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Congrats to your dad, apparently he has had a successful life and is now enjoying the fruits of his labor.
Great pic, also.
I’m sure you are able to ignore the jealous idiot above.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colodog
" ... Imposing your ethics on others is the mark of a Zealot, not a reasoning person."

That is as appropriate as it gets. smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would love to see his fishing rig, boat, bait, Net, accommodations, camping, motel, truck for transport, etc! Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing with us!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
And at 76! Good deal.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Cool, congratulations to your Dad

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Arizona Hunter Education Instructor
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.