Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Tracks,

Please note that the word "illegal" was used in my post. Good on ya for being a prudent, law-abiding ATV user.

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
They might start hunting year round though. They're real good at that.

Along with being ignorant and vulgar, now he's a bigot. Keep it up, sledder. You're going to make a great spokesperson for the motorheads. I'm sure they're quite proud of you by now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sledder
---Indians on the rez could careless if atv's are around or not. The indians aren't going to shut anything down,if its making them money. They might start hunting year round though. They're real good at that.

For one thing, it's not on the reservation. It is indian owned state land. Big difference. They have zero control over the game laws on this ranch, and anyone on the ranch are subject to the same state laws as on any other private land in the state. What they do have the power to do as owners is shut it down at any time they feel the testicularly challenged ATV'ers are destroying their rather well kept and remote ranch.

Point being, it was posted in large letters at every entrance to the ranch, yet some knucklehead thought he had "an out" because he found one gate that was missing the sign (any bets on if an ATV riding azzhat removed the sign?). Just how many of these "aw shucks, I didn't see no sign" self centered dikheads do you think they will tolerate before shutting down a huge chunk (at 800 square miles in size) of some of the best elk hunting in the country? Elk country where nobody is asked to pay or do ANYTHING except follow a couple simple rules, and treat the land with a little respect. My guess, not long. Arizona sportsmen work hard to keep this ranch clean. They pick up anything that doesn't belong any time they're out. They organize annual volunteer clean ups. They've been a huge success. You will not find a NF in the US that is cleaner. Unfortuantely, we can't do away with rule breaking boneheads on ATV's.

Here's another privately owned ranch in Northern AZ that was recently closed down to public access. These owners also requested nothing more than people not damage their property. Here is the sign that now greets people at what used to be a once always open gate:

[Linked Image]

I guess these property owners had it all wrong though, huh?

If you were a real hunter,you wouldn't use a pick up on the ranch either.

Yeah, right. Some ATV road hunting putz talking about "real hunters". I averaged about 6 to 8 miles a day last week in my boots, well before sun up to well after sun down. When was the last time you put that kind of mileage on anything other than your ATV rubber? My guess? Never. Must be a bitch keeping that thing in tires. I'd bet your boots are years old and still got plenty of leather on 'em though....

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Fewer ATVS all over the woods all over the country would be a good thing for us all.

Road hunting I can do just as well out of my truck...

Have been around with idiots on ATVs stopping to bugle now and then.... wondering why they didnt' get a response, and pushing the game further back or making the game go silent.

I simply see very few good uses of ATVs since the country has seemed to have lost its common sense and since everyone seems to demand the right to do anything to everyone/everyplace...

Jeff

Now Jeff, don't you know opinions from us dumb, high-rack riding, Texicans that oh yeah, I forgot, also ruined the entire state of Colorado is not worthy on Sledder's post.
He is the almighty, can't you see? wink
His close minded, ignorant, white trash responses here are I hope not what he uses to try and defend other ATV riders in Wyoming. eek
I will agree with him on one point, the U.S. Forest Service might only understand those type responses. I've had dealings with them a few times on my land in Colorado. I better sell it before I ruin the whole state grin. But since my family has owned since 59' I'll think I'll keep it and the cabin.

Bill

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sawtooth
alpinecrick,

The motorheads always try to bring up the fact that the ATVs and OHVs help the elderly, lame, sick and infirmed get into the backcountry. The only problem is, in all the time I've been rambling the NF in Colorado, even way before the advent of the blasted things, I've yet to see an old codger, anyone crippled, anyone handicapped in any miniscule way, ANYONE DISADVANTAGED IN ANY WAY, riding one of the silly things. Matter of fact, the only folks I see out riding them are twenty-to-forty-something, reasonably affluent (enough so to afford a six to seven thousand dollar rig) folks. So that argument, in my estimation, is worthless.

I swear, buyin' an ATV is a danger to ones health--immediately upon purchase, one begins to come down with all kinds of afflictions....broken ear lobes, hangnails, old injuries from 1st grade begin to rear their ugly heads............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

I simply see very few good uses of ATVs since the country has seemed to have lost its common sense and since everyone seems to demand the right to do anything to everyone/everyplace...

Jeff

JAY-sus, Jeff, thanks for putting it so clearly, correctly, plainly, and FINALLY. Not that it will do any good.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not any experience as a user, just some with users. ALL BAD. Around here the people that buy them seem to "think" (if you can call it that) that somehow what they regard as their "rights" exceed everyone elses includeing at times those of the landowner who's property they are on.
Did notice that the county north of mine has put up sign in the road ditchs warning of a $200.00 fine (or jail time) for causeing "surface damage". The ones rideing in the road ditches were the ones that didn't have the things licensed for road use, but every time they came to an obstacle, up on the road with a "Get out of MY way" attitude. The damage to the road ditch ran for at least 20 miles. Did hear that a deputy sheriff had a run in with a bunch of them earlier today.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.