Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
The season opens next Saturday, 11/13. I hope all my fellow Missourians and out of state guys have a great and safe season. This will be my 47th year. I am looking forward it like it was my first!

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Jim- never hunted Mo but going this year. Does the rifle tag allow you to hunt muzzleloader season if one does not shoot a buck during rifle?Good luck.

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by LEADMINER
Jim- never hunted Mo but going this year. Does the rifle tag allow you to hunt muzzleloader season if one does not shoot a buck during rifle?Good luck.

For resident hunters you have to buy muzzleloader tag for that season. If you don't mind me asking what part of the state are you hunting? Good luck to you too, thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...never hunted Mo but going this year. Does the rifle tag allow you to hunt muzzleloader season if one does not shoot a buck during rifle?

Yes

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Don't know your state that well. The farm is on the Iowa/Mo border north of Memphis, Mo. We hunt the Iowa side of the farm when we draw but was invited to try your state since we did not draw Iowa this year.

IC B2

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Don't know your state that well. The farm is on the Iowa/Mo border north of Memphis, Mo. We hunt the Iowa side of the farm when we draw but was invited to try your state since we did not draw Iowa this year.

That's some of the least populated area in the state. I'm about 85 miles south of there. Hope you fellows have a good hunt.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks Jim-the farm buildings are on the Mo side of the road. We have terrific deer country on the Iowa side but have never explored the Mo side. Our host is a terrific fellow and a real student of the whitetail. My buddy and I are blessed to have the invite and are stoked to spend some time in your state....plus we can use our regular deer rifles on this side of the road.:)

Last edited by LEADMINER; 11/06/21.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I will be up in St Clair County this year, like always. The deer are in a bad way up there on Corps land, but I still go. I had all but decided to skip this year, but the closer it gets, the more I want to go.

As for the tag, is there any confirmation to the ability to use an unfilled rifle tag during blackpowder? I have always been told that as a non resident, its one tag per season, period. If this is the case, that could change my entire strategy.

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Jim-the farm buildings are on the Mo side of the road. We have terrific deer country on the Iowa side but have never explored the Mo side. Our host is a terrific fellow and a real student of the whitetail. My buddy and I are blessed to have the invite and are stoked to spend some time in your state....plus we can use our regular deer rifles on this side of the road.:)

You're welcome. It sounds like you've got a great place lined up.

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I will be up in St Clair County this year, like always. The deer are in a bad way up there on Corps land, but I still go. I had all but decided to skip this year, but the closer it gets, the more I want to go.

As for the tag, is there any confirmation to the ability to use an unfilled rifle tag during blackpowder? I have always been told that as a non resident, its one tag per season, period. If this is the case, that could change my entire strategy.

I can't answer you on the unfilled tag info but you can likely find it on the state website. Depending on where you live and how far you want to drive there are some better areas to hunt public land in Missouri. There's a state park within 10 miles of my place that joins corps ground. They rent cabins at the park. Were I hunting here from away I'd rent one of those cabins and a pontoon boat. the cabins are within 200 feet of the Mark Twain lake. I'd hunt the land all around the lake and some of it is excellent. You'd have company as it's public land but I think it could be made into a quality hunt. You might want to consider it for next year.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611

For resident hunters you have to buy muzzleloader tag for that season. If you don't mind me asking what part of the state are you hunting? Good luck to you too, thanks!

That is not true. An unfilled General season firearms tag may be used in antlerless and/or Alternative season. Alternative season includes muzzleloader's.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

https://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/species/deer/deer-permits

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If I hunt Mo it'll be on my own land when I decide to. Sorry bastards. I own 130 acres and brother owns 270 acres 1 mile south of the IA-MO state line but since I live in CO and he is across the line in Iowa we would have to buy non-resident tags to hunt on our own land. Pay MO taxes on income from the land and feed the deer year round but they don't think that is enough.

Last edited by tmax264; 11/07/21.

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tmax264
If I hunt Mo it'll be on my own land when I decide to. Sorry bastards. I own 130 acres and brother owns 270 acres 1 mile south of the IA-MO state line but since I live in CO and he is across the line in Iowa we would have to buy non-resident tags to hunt on our own land. Pay MO taxes on income from the land and feed the deer year round but they don't think that is enough.
I didn't realize they had gotten so stupid on the cost of a non-resident landowner permit.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/07/21.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As indicated above, our landowner is a Mo resident but owns land on the Iowa side of the line. He is an avid bowhunter and it has taken him five years to draw an Iowa bow tag... to hunt his own land! Yet at full non-resident cost as far as I know. To keep on topic...I am good with the cost as a non resident non property holder. smile

Last edited by LEADMINER; 11/07/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Alternative and firearms season use the same permit.

They haven't had the muzzleloader only tag for a long time now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

No muzzleloader tags anymore. Just firearms permits and those can be used in the alternative season.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Good to know...that seemed to be the way I read the regs. Thanks

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MOGC

That is not true. An unfilled General season firearms tag may be used in antlerless and/or Alternative season. Alternative season includes muzzleloader's.

I did not know they could be carried over except for rifle only. Thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by tmax264
I didn't realize they had gotten so stupid on the cost of a non-resident landowner permit.

Yeah, Missouri is about half the cost of our neighboring states for no draw over the counter tags. See how easy to get and inexpensive it is for Kansas, Iowa and Illinois tags. What should happen is a reciprocal fee for non residents. If a non resident wants to grab an over the counter tag in Missouri and his home state charges $500 for non residents to hunt, then his tag fee in Missouri should be $500.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 52 invisible), 14,813 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,060
Posts18,541,103
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.