Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Mine is brined and spatchcocked. I'll cook it for 4 hours on the egg.

There's a man who knows what he's doing. I do mine the same way and it's a culinary masterpiece at the end of 4 hours. My family raves about it,

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Conrad,

Excellent way to do those things.

I'm even simpler.

Today's was a few herbs including a sprig of sage from the garden in the cavity, and a little shake of some Lemon Herb stuff in a jar.

Then on the El Cheapo Aussie Grill for an hour and a half or so, finished in the oven.

Wife liked it, thought it was going to be too smoky flavored as it was evident in the house all afternoon, but it turned out quite well.

Shout out to Ranger Green for bringing me up a bunch of grilling/bbq charcoal and smoker wood. 4 good size chunks of some apple he brought me did the trick.

Pics maybe tomorrow as I'm working with the wife's phone and she has to email them to me. My phone went swimming with the Toyota.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Paulie probably smoked a dooby sitting around in his spandex.........

It's what macho men do.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Conrad,

I'm even simpler.

Today's was a few herbs including a sprig of sage from the garden in the cavity, and a little shake of some Lemon Herb stuff in a jar.

Then on the El Cheapo Aussie Grill for an hour and a half or so, finished in the oven.

Wife liked it, thought it was going to be too smoky flavored as it was evident in the house all afternoon, but it turned out quite well.

Shout out to Ranger Green for bringing me up a bunch of grilling/bbq charcoal and smoker wood. 4 good size chunks of some apple he brought me did the trick.

Pics maybe tomorrow as I'm working with the wife's phone and she has to email them to me. My phone went swimming with the Toyota.
Got to love that Ranger Green fellow.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Conrad,

I'm even simpler.

That ain't no shìt.

One of the absolute best there is.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 11/25/21.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Conrad,

I'm even simpler.

That ain't no shìt.

One of the absolute best there is.
Yes he is I've had the pleasure of sharing a campfire and breaking bread with him a couple of times.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Envious here.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't wait for him to retire and get away from the hell hole he works in, then I might get to visit him.

"cause I sure as heck don't want to visit where he is now.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Picked up a 21 lb turkey for 7 of us. I love leftovers and its the same labor as a 12# bird.

Used a no salt brine due to three of the 7 guests having mild strokes last year.

Put it on the green egg at 8am at 225-240. Used apple and pear wood from backyard trees. Hit 165 earlier than my math anticipated. Had to wait a bit for the side dishes to catch up.

Ended up a success. Juicy and delicious, even the white meat.

Love the egg

The woods and the water recharge my batteries.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What does a no salt brine constitute?….water? 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Smoking a bunch of herb here today

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,040
Posts18,500,763
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.