Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
We're discussed this any number of times but tech keeps changing. My old one swelled up and broke the case. While it still carries juice, I'm very leary of it.
What's the latest on one that will reliably start a 6.7 diesel with 2 dead batteries? I'm looking at the Antigravity XP-10 Heavy Duty and/or the NOCO GB150. Any better ones without going to one bigger than a car battery?
I see that many models that used to be rated for a 6L diesel are now saying 10L. Is it all BS?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB4

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

As you prob know Noco is one of the big names

This one looks like one step up from the GB 150 for $350

Have two small Noco chargers plugged in right now

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Farm project guy tested a bunch....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I bought this big bastard after several failed attempts with smaller ones. This does my dual batteries in my diesel when it's completely dead. Heavy son of a bi tch [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I bought Noco GB70s for all the boys last Christmas. They have never failed on 5.7 L gassers. My oldest Grandaughter headed to College at the other end of the state got my never used Noco GB 100. And I had to buy another. My GB 100 has been used many times now.

My experience is they work as advertised, even on a stone dead battery.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

remember

size matters

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've been happy with my NOCO GB150. I haven't found anything it won't start yet.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tikkanut

remember

size matters

For sure. None of the smaller ones will start my Dodge Cummins. I'm trying to find out what will start it without having to pack around a huge power plant.

― George Orwell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I tested mine out on a 2000 F-250 7.3 powerstroke, with dual batteries.

It's a MF'er to jump using old fashioned cables and a vehicle with a standard factory alternator. Have to let the jumper vehicle run at a pretty high RPM for about 10 minutes to charge up the batteries enough before that bastard will even think of cranking over.

I intentionally left the lights on overnight to drain the batteries. Hooked up the Noco the next morning, and it fired right up. Truly amazing how many cranking amps those things can belt out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I bought this big bastard after several failed attempts with smaller ones. This does my dual batteries in my diesel when it's completely dead. Heavy son of a bi tch [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I bought that big bastard also. Dropped it on my foot and broke my little toe. But it will jump just about anything.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

It's a MF'er to jump using old fashioned cables and a vehicle with a standard factory alternator. Have to let the jumper vehicle run at a pretty high RPM for about 10 minutes to charge up the batteries enough before that bastard will even think of cranking over.

I intentionally left the lights on overnight to drain the batteries. Hooked up the Noco the next morning, and it fired right up. Truly amazing how many cranking amps those things can belt out.

which one did you test?

― George Orwell

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have an XP-10. Not started anything except ATV and snow machines with it yet. Supposed to be able to start my Ram 3500, but not tested yet. I keep good batteries up.... smile

I bought it for backup in the Arctic to start my wife's Arctic Cat 1100 Turbo (no recoil starter), just in case. Never needed.

The AC has been in the shop for 15 months now, waiting for clutch and brake parts.

Probably not ever going to buy a AC again, but the XP-10 goes to our remote cabin with us. Charges iPhones, etc. too, has light... would start the Yamaha outboard also, but that has a recoil starter anyway.

Belt and suspenders..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All I know is a small one saved my bacon earlier this year when my alternator died. I had a dead deer in the trunk and couldn’t open it with a dead battery. The jumper allowed the trunk to open. It also started the car, but quickly died trying to run it with no alternator. I’m impressed.

HULKMAN Alpha85 Jump Starter 2000 Amp. Not quite big enough for you, but plenty for my old Buick and very easy to use.

Last edited by Pappy348; 12/08/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pappy348
All I know is a small one saved my bacon earlier this year when my alternator died. I had a dead deer in the trunk and couldn’t open it with a dead battery. The jumper allowed the trunk to open. It also started the car, but quickly died trying to run it with no alternator. I’m impressed.

HULKMAN Alpha85 Jump Starter 2000 Amp
I've known any number of people who carry jumper cables in a trunk with an electric lock. I've only had to help out 1 of them, though. Some of the also have electric hood latches. I don't know how you jump one of those. I've never had to try.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Pappy348

HULKMAN Alpha85 Jump Starter 2000 Amp
I've known any number of people who carry jumper cables in a trunk with an electric lock. I've only had to help out 1 of them, though. Some of the also have electric hood latches. I don't know how you jump one of those. I've never had to try.

I was very lucky that my car has a pass-through to the trunk from the back seat and I was able to reach the jump pack. The battery is under the back seat, but the hood-latch is mechanical so I used the jump terminals under the hood to connect.

Now Grandpa keeps the pack in the back of the car, not the trunk!

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

which one did you test?

I just went out and looked, it wasn’t NoCo after all.

It’s gooloo GP4000, about 170 bucks on Amazon.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
One advantage of the Antigravity XP-10 is that is has a 19v outlet for charging a laptop.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should get one of these, give it a whirl, and report back. https://myweego.com/product/crankenstein-c154/

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
You should get one of these, give it a whirl, and report back. https://myweego.com/product/crankenstein-c154/

That does look like a horse. However, I'm looking for one that will fit under my pickup seat. I need some way to carry it out of the way.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have an XP-10. The only test has been on a neighbors gas 5.4 on a warm day. I wonder whether it would work on a below zero day on my diesel 6.6. My mechanic recommends using two, with one on each battery but I’ve not talked to anyone who has actually done that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,219
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.