Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Had to requalify for my CCW today. Two instructors were wearing ratchet belts for their EDC.
I had never heard of or seen them before. No buckle holes in the belts so they are universal fit and they cinch up nice and tight with a ratcheting buckle. They come in several different styles and materials; I just got the nylon webbing.
Two different companies were suggested Anson and Nexbelt. I just ordered one from each company in their 1-1/2" EDC styles; I'll pick one and give the other to my son for Christmas.
Anyway I thought I'd pass that on in case anyone's interested.
Nexbelt was a bit more money but they offer a 10% discount with your first purchase.

Anson EDC
Nexbelt EDC

Last edited by NVhntr; 12/11/21.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have been using a Nex Belt now for some time. Really like it.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use have used Bison Design belts for over 20 years.

https://bisondesigns.com/catalog/technical

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear a suit to work every day and wear ratchet style dress belts. They are very handy and durable (I've had them for about 8 years). I will never switch back to a traditional belt.

One of the big advantages is that you can quickly/easily make very small adjustments to the tightness of these belts. Typical belts have holes about an inch apart. You have to pick the hole that is closest to what you want, but neither is exactly what you want. With a ratchet belt, you can select a tightness to within about a millimeter of what you want. So when you sit down or stand up, if you want to adjust your belt, it's easily done without attracting attention to yourself.

Regarding EDC, I typically only carry to and from work but not while at work--so, only about 15 minutes at a time twice per day. With these belts, however, I have carried a P365 XL IWB and a G19 OWB in a paddle holster. I get the gun positioned and then tighten the ratchet a couple more clicks. I think the belts are as functional as any other dress belt and certainly more convenient. I've never had a holster slip out of position. But again, I carry for very short stints with them. (In the evening or on weekends, I use a very traditional leather belt). I have carried a gun with a ratchet belt for a few hours at a time on occasion and still had no troubles, but I hesitate to make a strong endorsement of their use in that capacity, only because I haven't done it enough where I could say I have enough experience to have an informed opinion. I'll leave that to someone else.

In sum: If you want to be able to easily and precisely adjust your belt size (while wearing a gun or even not) get a ratchet belt.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Those look pretty good. Thanks for the tip.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr

I had never heard of or seen them before. No buckle holes in the belts so they are universal fit and they cinch up nice and tight with a ratcheting buckle.

[/url]

I'm gonna take a wild guess here that you were never in the armed forces.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You would be correct.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have been wearing a Nexbelt everyday now for the last 3 years. I will never buy another style of belt. These things are extremely high quality and the adjustable fit is wonderful.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought 2 ratchet belts from KORE Essentials a few months ago. One is a dress belt and one is a nylon web belt. They have hard plastic inside the belt for rigidity and ratchet up to fit. I've been wearing them daily and am impressed with how much difference they make, especially with a heavier pistol.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a KORE belt & it holds a full size nice, and tight. I like pocket guns, but if I want to owb carry this belt will fill the bill.

Romans 5:1
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have the Kore belts and really like them

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just ordered a Kore Belt looking forward to giving them a try Thanks for the tip

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rylee1, you won't be disappointed.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Kore nylon ratchet belt that I really like. I have a Hanks leather belt that I like a lot also but have been wearing the Kore ratchet belt almost exclusively since buying it a few months back. Besides the micro adjustments I like that it fits flatter and has zero stretch for a more precise hold.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You were correct I received the Kore belt today and wish I had found them a long time ago Superior

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
though you would like them

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been using the Kore Essentials belts for a couple of years now. The positive attributes have been listed by others above. I don't know about the other manufacturers mentioned above; but, I find Kore Essentials belts to be reasonable priced (they often do package deals), durable and effective. They have a good variety also. I currently own three leather and three nylon. I'm with others who say they won't switch back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 16 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.