Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
i normally somewhat agree with what newt has to say but he has been wrong in his predictions lately and i think he is slipping. while china may be able to beat us in theory, i highly doubt they would bite the hand that feeds them. this type of cold war rhetoric is what fueled the military industrial complex for 50+ years. do we ignore it and drive on? no but at the same time we don't need to worry about them launching missiles at us. their weapons are more insidious. cyber warfare being one of the biggest. but they don't want to push it too far. we have more friends than they do. other than a few like minded schitheads, the rest of the world distrusts those slanty eyed little coksuckers as much as we do. but we just go along to get along.

Well the liberal left will immediately blame conservatives as the cause for a war with Chinkland..., will immediately side with our enemies.. just like they did in Vietnam and the Middle East.... China would just shoot their people who undermine their national interests.... we should do the same, but that will never happen when the nation is ran by snowflakes....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is some hope with the American people, but our current leadership would just surrender.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is what China would be up against.

https://twitter.com/bgmasters/status/1471985935822647298

Hopefully they can stop laughing long enough to surrender.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jdunham
I think a lot more average Americans realize China is a problem now. Amazing that no one remembers or wants to acknowledge that Trump was the only guy in DC who saw it 6 years ago. Biden mocked him for thinking they were going to “eat our lunch, C’mon man!”. The Republicans should be playing that clip every hour.

The war has already started. The last 2 years is what it looks like, this virus was not an accident. They have no doubt been paying attention and see how we react to these type of crisis and it hasn’t been pretty. I expect the next attack will be aimed at our power grid. You think this country freaked out over covid, wait until the lights go out and the grocery stores don’t have food on the shelves. This country is not prepared for what is coming. Mentally more so than on a military scale. The Chinese will never have to fire a shot.

Best thing about the power grid outage scenario maybe - tiny maybe that is -some of the low-lifes will kill each other.

Last edited by ol_mike; 12/18/21.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by steve4102

you have no f-ucken clue what the USAF is capable of and willing to do. crawl back in your hidey hole and f-uck yourself silently. chicken little posting moth-erf-ucker.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't it sad to consider we would be much stronger with less people?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by jdunham
I think a lot more average Americans realize China is a problem now. Amazing that no one remembers or wants to acknowledge that Trump was the only guy in DC who saw it 6 years ago. Biden mocked him for thinking they were going to “eat our lunch, C’mon man!”. The Republicans should be playing that clip every hour.

The war has already started. The last 2 years is what it looks like, this virus was not an accident. They have no doubt been paying attention and see how we react to these type of crisis and it hasn’t been pretty. I expect the next attack will be aimed at our power grid. You think this country freaked out over covid, wait until the lights go out and the grocery stores don’t have food on the shelves. This country is not prepared for what is coming. Mentally more so than on a military scale. The Chinese will never have to fire a shot.

Best thing about the power grid outage scenario maybe tiny maybe that is -some of the low-lifes will kill each other.

That may be, but not near enough, and they will take out plenty of good folks along the way. This country cannot take an extended power outage and survive in any meaningful way. If the power is off for even a few months, the death toll will be huge. And a machine this complex does not simply restart, once shut down. And that’s if the “low lifes” or other problems don’t take out critical people who know how to get things going again. Think about your life on a daily basis. Break it down to individual events, like filling up the truck. Think critically about which of those events will be affected by an extended power failure. Not very many folks are skilled or equipped to go back to the 1800’s in a matter of minutes...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Money is nearly always the cause for war.
Right now, we’re much more valuable to China as a trading partner. Hell, every body knows they’re robbing us blind!
The people who run this country are getting rich themselves by allowing the CCP to do whatever they please.
As long as it’s mutually beneficial to both governments, talk of war is just talk.
The CCP owns all the democrats and a helluva lotta republicans as well.
However, the liberals and leftist have weakened this country to where we wouldn’t have a snowballs chance if push ever comes to shove. I’d bet that the Chinese already have nukes in missiles sitting around in shipping containers all over Baltimore, LA, Seattle and every other port you can think of.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102

you have no f-ucken clue what the USAF is capable of and willing to do. crawl back in your hidey hole and f-uck yourself silently. chicken little posting moth-erf-ucker.

There is a yuge difference between “capable of” and “willing to do”.

You are correct, I do not know what our US Military is actually “capable of”, but I do know what they are willing to do.

I know they are willing to dishonorably discharge active US solders for not taking the vaccine.

I know they are focusing on woke bullschit like Diversity, inclusion, equity and other such nonsense.

I know they are willing to abandon thousands of Americans behind enemy lines and at the same time hand $Billion$ of our military “capabilities” over to the enemy.

I know the Chairman of The Joint Chiefs is willing to warn China of a US attack.

I know that if they wanted to win a war they could, but aren’t “willing” for political reasons.

I know that Solders do not control our military, politicians do and they are only “willing” to do what is best for them.

But you are correct, I do not Know what our military is capable of, and we will never know as they are not willing to use it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by logcutter
They kicked our butts big time in Korea with a full 100% retreat by our troops,and we barely made it..

I suggest watching the documentry..The Battle of Chosen on prime..

Jayco👍

the chosin reservoir was the fault of MacArthur's ego and we recovered and beat their asses back to the 38th parallel. i would argue that the korean war was the last war that accomplished its mission. if not for us, ROK would be as dark as the DPRK.

I won't disagree with the MacArthur part but I suggest you watch the documentry...We went almost to the China border and were pushed back to the 38th and were almost wiped out....They put a whuppin on us...Big time..

Jayco👍

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They kicked our butts big time in Korea with a full 100% retreat by our troops,and we barely made it..

Jayco👍

the chosin reservoir was the fault of MacArthur's ego and we recovered and beat their asses back to the 38th parallel. i would argue that the korean war was the last war that accomplished its mission. if not for us, ROK would be as dark as the DPRK.

I won't disagree with the MacArthur part but I suggest you watch the documentry...We went almost to the China border and were pushed back to the 38th and were almost wiped out....They put a whuppin on us...Big time..

Jayco👍

i am pretty familiar with the history. i served in the ROK and i know people who were at chosin. mac strung himself out on the western side of the chosin and allowed the chinks to cut him off. terrible situation and yes we got our asses kicked and had to retreat. they also were ill equipped. when they landed at inchon they did not have winter gear and started the campaign in warm weather gear. the lubricants for the guns did not work at the temps they encountered. half the times their guns would not go off. it is an excellent lesson in military hubris and should be required learning at west point, et al.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Pat85
Don't panic. Mitch, Linsey and the rest of the Republican establishment along with a Nikki Haley presidency will turn things around. LOL

You better hope some Republican wins…friggin democrats won’t even protect our border with Mexico or even prosecute felonious crimes WITHIN our borders….
Well, yeah, but those 'Republicans' better find their balls first.... And they haven't even started to look yet.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
rem141r

Agreed and why we should not take the Chinese lightly,especially now with there huge military buildup and our....as usual...not...

Jayco

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
[quote=Pat85]

You better hope some Republican wins…friggin democrats won’t even protect our border with Mexico or even prosecute felonious crimes WITHIN our borders….
Well, yeah, but those 'Republicans' better find their balls first.... And they haven't even started to look yet.

I’d rather take my chances with somebody that’s at least looking for them than somebody that’s not…

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Embarrased
Campfire Ranger
O

Jayco👍

Jayco👍

Korean War happened almost 70 years ago, what does that have to do with current military capabilities? Tell me about recent Chinese successes other then stealing top secret stuff.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Jayco👍

Nonsense. CHOSIN we retreated, but eventually we not only stabilized the front, but we were winning until Truman made us stop. As to China, they've been the dominant power in their back yard for YEARS, meaning if they want to move into adjacent countries, they probably can. But at sea and if they try to move on Taiwan, they'll get their asses waxed. We've war-gamed that for years and the 350 miles of sea between them and Formosa, might as well be a million miles.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Jayco👍

Nonsense. CHOSIN we retreated, but eventually we not only stabilized the front, but we were winning until Truman made us stop. As to China, they've been the dominant power in their back yard for YEARS, meaning if they want to move into adjacent countries, they probably can. But at sea and if they try to move on Taiwan, they'll get their asses waxed. We've war-gamed that for years and the 350 miles of sea between them and Formosa, might as well be a million miles.

Isn't the Taiwan straight like 80-100 mi?

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Epoch Times seems to be doing very well!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,590
Posts18,492,128
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.