Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
when you talk queers they are just queers the names rainbow , gay , dekes , or whatever these queers don`t deserve to use those names they are just queers. i won`t even watch a tv show with a queer in it so why would you stay in house with queers ? man up and go stay some place else where your guns are welcomed and no known queers are there . > sorry but you need to do the right thing .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Take a 22 handgun, some ammo, and ear protection. Convince her to go to the range or a place you can shoot. If you can do this you will change her attitude and maybe get a smile out of her when she busts a tin can.
Dog her into going if she refuses and ask her why she is so afraid of something she doesnt understand.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Windfall
I have a dilemma I'm not quite sure how to address. The wife's daughter's wife (I know, I don't like that either) has an absolute phobia about guns. Trouble is we plan to stay with them on our winter trip south. I shoot handguns and sporting clays with my Florida gun club, so I'm not about to leave my firearms home just to placate her. I've assured them that all guns will unloaded, locked in a hard case with a pad lock, chain and that pad locked to part of the car locked in the car. I even took a picture of it and sent it to them. Yesterday she suggested that I give my guns to a police friend of theirs, so that he can haul them around in his squad car. I'm not about to turn over thousands of dollars worth of guns to a complete stranger, cop or not. Suggestions welcome.

Stay somewhere else. It ain't worth it.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i would not stay there and i would let her know she can kiss my ass.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A hotel or hotel parking lot to my way of thinking is way less secure than my locked up SUV in their driveway. The wife wants to interact with their kid and them. Given the choice, I'd drive right by because I don't much like them, but Nashville is half way and that's all the driving that I want to do before a layover.

That Jack Nicholson quote comes to mind when I think of these two relatives. Asked how he could think like a woman so well? He said that he thinks like a man and then removes all logic and reason. Bingo.

Other conflicts are a near guarantee. Been there and done that when they lived in Minneapolis.

Then drop your wife off with them and you go find someplace your values are more welcome.

Tom

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Take a 22 handgun, some ammo, and ear protection. Convince her to go to the range or a place you can shoot. If you can do this you will change her attitude and maybe get a smile out of her when she busts a tin can.
Dog her into going if she refuses and ask her why she is so afraid of something she doesnt understand.

This will never work unless it's their idea. If they show an interest, you may have a chance. Otherwise, any such conversation will just throw them into cognitive dissonance when you prove your points rationally. Their brainwashing will not allow them to accept any facts in your argument, and their responses will typically be shockingly irrational. It's a mistake to think that you can cure irrational thinking with rational discussion. You can only do this incrementally over time, unless the world force feeds them a red pill they cannot escape - and even then they are likely to resist. Been down this road many times, and the best result I've ever seen is, "we'll have to agree to disagree".

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people are just not worth the effort of trying to deal with & some people are not open minded enough to ever see any view but their own, no matter how much data or information is presented.

Sometimes best to just agree not to agree & move on.

MM

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I have a dilemma I'm not quite sure how to address. The wife's daughter's wife (I know, I don't like that either) has an absolute phobia about guns. Trouble is we plan to stay with them on our winter trip south. I shoot handguns and sporting clays with my Florida gun club, so I'm not about to leave my firearms home just to placate her. I've assured them that all guns will unloaded, locked in a hard case with a pad lock, chain and that pad locked to part of the car locked in the car. I even took a picture of it and sent it to them. Yesterday she suggested that I give my guns to a police friend of theirs, so that he can haul them around in his squad car. I'm not about to turn over thousands of dollars worth of guns to a complete stranger, cop or not. Suggestions welcome.

I think you are missing the issue. Just doesn't just dislike guns, she dislikes men. You are a man. Ergo, she can't stand you, add a gun to the picture and you are literally the enemy. Drop off the wife and go stay somewhere else. Do what you want while you are there. When it's time to go, drive by, pick up the wife and go on the rest of your trip. Haters gonna hate. That's her issue.

CB is spot on.

I personally would not kowtow to such BS.

What you tolerate is showing people how they can treat you. Putting up with that crap is only going to show them they can push their agenda even further next time.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Moot point now!!! Daughter called tonight and said her "flu" isn't, it's Covid-19 and we aren't going anywhere for a while. Then ten minutes later my step-son called to say that his wife just tested positive. A breakthrough case, but the whole family was there for an early Christmas party on Saturday. Three people there were completely un-vaccinated and probably asymptomatic carriers. Wife and I are getting drive through tested on Thursday. Bad stuff as wife's daughter's kid is too little for any vaccine. Worried in Wisconsin.

That is convenient for now. It buys you time but still leaves the issue to be addressed. Now that you have time it's a good time to figure out your strategy for the future. Figure out what your priorities are. Figure out what you're going to do when the situation arises again in the future. Once you know what YOU want, then you better discuss it with your wife so that even if she does not like your choice, she's not surprised by it.

Tom

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't argue with a sick mind, and you absolutely dealing with a deranged person.

Stay elsewhere and enjoy yourself.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I sure as heck would not leave my guns in the car even if locked up and chained to something in the car. They go with me and, if they do not go in I do not go in....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not playing Internet tough guy but take your guns especially your carry gun and when you walk in and she opens that mouth tell her while you disagree with her lifestyle choice you support her as part of the family. Next words of negativity towards you and your firearms ask her if shes aware of the field of terminal ballistics where bullets meet flesh and bone and there's no red&yellow Supergirl emblem on her cheast. Your always going to be the bad guy no matter what you do or say because you like guns. Perhaps I'm unreasonable but if I'm the peaceful party just don't bother and you won't find out. Like those 3 in Kenosha last August they bothered and they found out.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
She might actually like you once you spend some time together, clearly you also have a vagina.

Last edited by Hypocrite; 12/22/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rough crowd...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Make up with her.

Get her some moustaches wax, shaving soap cup kit, man deodorant and some Old Spice aftershave for Christmas.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Motel 6

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have never seen so much ridiculous internet bravado spewed from so many pathetic mouth breathers compiled in one place.

Congratulations.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I have never seen so much ridiculous internet bravado spewed from so many pathetic mouth breathers compiled in one place.

Congratulations.

That’s odd, in a different post you questioned a guy’s wife having an opinion of him carrying but we’re not supposed to say anything about a diiferent guy’s step daughters opinion of him and his guns.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Congratulations.

That’s odd, in a different post you questioned a guy’s wife having an opinion of him carrying but we’re not supposed to say anything about a diiferent guy’s step daughters opinion of him and his guns.

Nothing whatsoever hypocritical contained within..

I disagree with their opinion concerning firearms, just as I disagreed with his wife. It's silly and irrational. That is the one, singular thing we agree on. I could even get on board with the advice not to stay with them, or to stand your ground in that belief.

What's disgusting are the words used and the attitudes portrayed in this discussion. Slurs, advice to disown family over sexual preferences, and suggestions of violence due to the same.

Utterly disgusting.

*I saw the post you're referring before you deleted the post...

Last edited by liliysdad; 12/22/21.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Homo slurs offend you, got it. That’s your perogative but it’s definitely not just an online thing.

I deleted because it was a clusterfugk to read on my phone the way it was posted.

Last edited by Hypocrite; 12/22/21.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.