Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I have an older set of Cabelas Meopta 12x50 binoculars. Does anyone have experience of sending these back to Meopta for warranty work? Mine have fog up a few times this season. Thanks in advance.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just heard from meopta, as in this morning, that my 10-42s Cabelas non hd euros can be fixed. The one eye piece and out of collimation. They had to go back to Czech Republic. They are charging me for it.

Erik M at meopta in Florida will help you out. I sent mine to him and he sent them to Czech.

Last edited by Ralphie; 12/22/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Glad they are willing work with you. Sorry there's a charge but at least they are willing to continue support of their product.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Guy told me Meopta was Spanish for "Me scope"...

Is that true ?.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to know they will support the cabelas badged stuff.

I’ve got a pair of the non-hd Euros.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Thanks to all for the reply’s. Ralphie, do you have an idea of what those repairs will cost? I’m concerned that the repair cost for mine could be as expensive as a new set of binoculars.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You can thank Bass Pro for screwing Cabela's Euro owners out of their written warranty. At least Meopta has stepped up to service them.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn’t know what my repair would cost until they got to Czech and the team there gave them the once over. All it has cost me to find out was shipping to Florida and time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s good news, but still disappointing for me. I thought my euro HD’s carried a lifetime warranty through cabelas. Store still says cabelas on it WTH?

Sean
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
BP didn't want to lose money honoring Cabelas warranty but they lost a lot more in customers and future sales by doing so. Penny smart, dollar stupid.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won’t be buying much if anything from cabelas/bass pro again.

Was recently in a scheels. I like that store.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Agreed

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Having Cabelas name on an optic is a lesson I won’t repeat. I’ll buy with the original manufacturers name on it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You can thank Bass Pro for screwing Cabela's Euro owners out of their written warranty. At least Meopta has stepped up to service them.

Yeah, I don't have much good to say about Bass Pro. Cabelas was a very good company before Bass Pro took it over. I've had one of the Cabelas badged Meopta spotting scopes for several years and have had no issues, but it's nice to know I could have it fixed by Meopta. Although I bet the shipping would be considerable.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ralphie
I won’t be buying much if anything from cabelas/bass pro again.

Was recently in a scheels. I like that store.

I was just in both, scheel’s and Cabela’s in Dallas, looking for Lee Case Length Guage for cartridge specific trimming. Scheel’s had them for $5.99, Cabela’s charged $10.99 for the exact same thing. I’ll be looking at Scheel’s on line in the future as my first choice.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yeah, I don't have much good to say about Bass Pro. Cabelas was a very good company before Bass Pro took it over. I've had one of the Cabelas badged Meopta spotting scopes for several years and have had no issues, but it's nice to know I could have it fixed by Meopta. Although I bet the shipping would be considerable.

If you have a problem with your optic and it's Manufacturer related, Meopta WILL take care of you, bowmanh. One of the things I truly appreciate about working with Meopta, they care about their customers and the products they put out.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good to know. I have a pair of Cabelas branded Euro HDs. Love them! I hope I never have a problem, but good to know I can go to Meopta. It is NOT surprising if Cabelas won’t warranty them, although that was the expectation when I made the purchase.

I am about finished with Cabelas. It is crazy how much Cabelas branded stuff I own. It used to be great, especially the hunting clothing. Now, 90% of that is RedHead junk. I even have a Cabelas credit card and have cashed in a lot of points over the years. I got a different card the other day and will be phasing out my Cabelas card. I have tried to stay with Cabelas because of the past, but I am done. I have probably ordered from Cabelas online half a dozen times over the past year and a half and have had 3 bad experiences. Their own staff knows how much they have gone down hill and have been surprisingly frank about it. It is fine if I walk in the store and pick something up, but I just shouldn’t order there anymore. My family always gives me Cabelas gift cards at Christmas. So, day before yesterday I thought I would jump on their site and order a scope I need for a new rifle. They don’t carry the Leupold Freedom line any more, except for a scout scope! What? That is Leupold’s basic scope. I’d rather get the vx3hd, or a Meopta, but I thought what the heck, I’ll just use these gift cards. Nope.

Sorry for the rant. It just frustrates me to see what Cabelas has become. I think because of the size BP/Cabelas will carry on for a while as the WalMart of the outdoors stores, but I wonder about their long-term future.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.