Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
fink65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Got a gift certificate to Best Buy for Christmas and want a decent meat thermometer. Just need it for the larger chunks of meat and don't want to open the Grill or the Kitchen Stove Oven door. Looking at the Thermapro line. Are they OK or not.

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I use a Thermapro and have no issues with it. It gives fast readings and has a long battery life. Mines the one that folds up and has magnets on the back so you can stick it somewhere and then forget where you put it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Believe me when I say that anything other than Thermoworks is second best. In fact, most of them are complete pieces of shyte. In over 10 years of competition cooking I have owned (and broken) them all. The Thermoworks are rock solid with replaceable probes and customer service / warranty that may be the best I've ever seen. There are some things that are cheap for a reason and meat thermometers are near the top of the list!

https://www.thermoworks.com/shop/products/cooking-alarms/

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Believe me when I say that anything other than Thermoworks is second best. In fact, most of them are complete pieces of shyte. In over 10 years of competition cooking I have owned (and broken) them all. The Thermoworks are rock solid with replaceable probes and customer service / warranty that may be the best I've ever seen. There are some things that are cheap for a reason and meat thermometers are near the top of the list!

yep. buy once cry once.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thermoworks.

I've got my signals running right now.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't think they sell em at best buy. Direct to consumer sales.

fink65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I use a Thermapro and have no issues with it. It gives fast readings and has a long battery life. Mines the one that folds up and has magnets on the back so you can stick it somewhere and then forget where you put it.

Guess I have time to shop. Our Best Buy is out of the one I may want. Sounds like yours. Thermoworks will get a look since I have to wait. Thanks to all. Never disappoints.

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Bingo winner right here I like how everybody else plays off their name

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,179
Posts18,523,766
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.