Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Model designation 67-2, which is the stainless version of the Model 15 Combat Masterpiece.

This one's a great shooter. Butter smooth double action, and light crisp single action. These were very popular in police holsters (to include Air Force Police) and, even in 1982, most coming from the factory were likely headed to police departments around the country (semi-autos were just starting to take over in police work). I bought this one back in the early 1980s, shortly after its manufacture date.

This was the year they quit pinning the barrels, but the firing pin is still where God intended it, on the hammer, and the key lock wasn't even yet a twinkle in Hillary Clinton's eye.

[Linked Image]

I was shooting Federal, 158 grain, lead round nose (.38 Special).

Here's two quick, double action, six shot strings, fired standing, offhand. Distance was ten yards. Looks like the two in the upper left hand corner (one in the 8 ring, and the other breaking the 9 ring) got away from me a little.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice shooting! I feel bad for the SOB that try’s breaking in to your house. I suspect there’s a gun in every corner and you can shoot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are good, are(t they?

I have a blued Combat Masterpiece that I bought years ago in NYC. The only thing that I might change is the oversized trigger.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Nice shooting! I feel bad for the SOB that try’s breaking in to your house. I suspect there’s a gun in every corner and you can shoot.

Thanks, my friend. I really like the double action revolvers of S&W, Colt, and Ruger. My first daily carry was a Ruger Speed Six, back in 1980 (still have it). I'm just a bit out of practice lately, since I haven't carried a double action revolver in about ten years (I only dabble in them now), but it's a bit like riding a bicycle, i.e., it comes back pretty fast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Anjin

I have a blued Combat Masterpiece that I bought years ago in NYC. The only thing that I might change is the oversized trigger.

Norm

Is it a wide shoe? I’ve never liked Timney triggers for that reason, I like a narrow trigger shoe profile.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
At a recent gun show I was tempted by an early one (with the S.S. rear sight), but I was not willing to part with a grand for it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Norm

I've got a blued one, too, i.e., a Model 15. I love the K-Frames.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love blued steel and walnut, old Colt’s, S&W pre locks, pre 64 Winchesters hand cut checkering, ect. Up until a year of so ago it was a buyers market for “black guns” so that’s what I stocked up on. I’d still like to add a few more to the collection. Hopefully they appreciate in value the same way S&W and Colts have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Norm

Is it a wide shoe? I’ve never liked Timney triggers for that reason, I like a narrow trigger shoe profile.

I agree. It is a wide, vertically serrated trigger. I didn't realize how bad that was until I got a used stainless S&W .22 kit gun that was slicked up with s smoothed narrow trigger that handles like butter!

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
At a recent gun show I was tempted by an early one (with the S.S. rear sight), but I was not willing to part with a grand for it.

Amazing the prices that folks are getting for guns we didn't think particularly special not too long ago.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It seems the Tyler T grips are popular.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Amazing the prices that folks are getting for guns we didn't think particularly special not too long ago.

I’m kicking myself for selling my model 10 a few years back. My eyes almost popped out of my head the last time I saw one at the last gun show I went to. That was last summer. The guy was asking $700 for it. I wanted it but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 160user
It seems the Tyler T grips are popular.

I like them. They fill in that space so as to position your middle, ring, and pinky fingers more correctly for double action shooting.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I’m kicking myself for selling my model 10 a few years back. My eyes almost popped out of my head the last time I saw one at the last gun show I went to. That was last summer. The guy was asking $700 for it. I wanted it but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Yep. It doesn't seem like very long ago when you could get a very clean pre-82 specimen (basically in new condition) for less than $400.00.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I picked an early one ,S.S. rear sight, up about 5 years ago,i set it up with a tyler t grip too,one of my favorites,excellent shooter.Got a model 66 snub nose same shop,thats a keeper too.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had this one issued to me brandy-new in 1984. Took it home with me when I retired. City charged me $79.23.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RGK
Had this one issued to me brandy-new in 1984. Took it home with me when I retired. City charged me $79.23.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice. Still have the original grips?

PS I notice it doesn't have the orange insert on the front sight. For a stainless front sight, I would expect that to be a bit hard to pick up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That's the way it should be, be prepared.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Very nice! I sold my M-15 years ago with full intentions of replacing it. It would put loads it liked in 1 1/4" five shot benched 25 yard groups back when I had younger eyes.

I used it to hunt squirrels and rabbits, and as a nightstand gun. It had one chamber that threw it's shot an inch and a half away from the group though so I sold it and never got around to getting another.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slugflinger
Very nice! I sold my M-15 years ago with full intentions of replacing it. It would put loads it liked in 1 1/4" five shot benched 25 yard groups back when I had younger eyes.

I used it to hunt squirrels and rabbits, and as a nightstand gun. It had one chamber that threw it's shot an inch and a half away from the group though so I sold it and never got around to getting another.

Damn! Must have been made late on a Friday afternoon, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 257wthbylover, 58 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.