Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
can anyone help me with some good online sites for matthews and hoyt products? i am going to go in to get fitted and try a few bows, but id like to compare a lot of the stuff -- like prices --online.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think the big name companies like Matthews, Bowtech and Hoyt allow their flagship products to be sold online, although their second brands like Diamond and Reflex are available at places like Cabelas. Your best bet would be to post an online inquiry at Archery Talk (www.archerytalk.com) about the prices people are paying at stores in their area for particular makes and models. As for me, I have received more "free" service and advice at my local proshop than I possibly could have saved buying my bow someplace else. YMMV. Good luck!

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 on pro shop service. I have bought my bows for nigh 20 years from the same sporting goods store, from the same guy running the archery shop. Back in 88 and 89 (way before I was hitched) I used to shoot 2-3 nights a week and the guys would have pizzas brought in, watching the baseball playoffs in October. Been one of the guys with both Doug (owner's son) and Scott (archery pro) ever since. Can't tell you how many little extras and freebies Scott has done for me.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
A rifle is a hand's-on buy; you have to know whether it feels good in the hands before you're gonna be happy with it.

A bow is even more so....

Can't see how you can buy a bow via catalogue, online or otherwise, and expect to be pleased with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'll be somewhat hard-pressed to find the "high-end" pro shop models online - the ones you see advertised. You might find a price here and there. (I could be wrong)

I'd study the manufacturers websites, then have a game plan in terms of what to look at...axle length, brace height etc., then head to your pro shop.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you know what you are doing and your exact draw length etc you can save tons of money by buying used from sites like Archerytalk.com - That said there is no substitute for a pro shop if you do not have your own tools or know how.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
http://huntersfriend.com/

I bought a Diamond Bow Ready-to-Hunt package from them and have gotten great service. A couple of my friends have also had good luck with them. You can buy Bowtechs from them but there can't be a dealer within a certain radius or they can't sell it to you. they also sell Reflex which are last years Hoyts I think.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I also agree that a pro shop is your best bet unless you are very familiar with what you want. If you buy online you may still want to get accessories at your local shop.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reflex is a brand of bows made under the Reflex division of Hoyt. They are current models - I actually tried one this year, thinking I might want to replace my 3 yr old Hoyt RazorTec, but didn't. IIRC Chuck Adams uses the Reflex bows now, or at least poses with them in his ads.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.