Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I know judges, lawyers, doctors, and other successful people who smoke. I don't really care for it myself except on the rare occasion my insomnia is bad, it helps me sleep. People who are lazy and have no drive are going to be that way regardless of whether they smoke or not.
It would be courteous if you'd give us names...so we could avoid them!

Odds are about 100% you often deal with people that smoke it without your knowledge

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
when you look at the stats having to do with alcohol and violence, alcohol and spousal abuse, alcohol and traffic accidents resulting in death, particularly those that result in the death of "other than the person drinking" ..... and the sheer magnitude of "all the above" by virtue of it being legal everywhere....

it makes it hard for me to advocate for one over the other.

I suppose there is a newspaper article somewhere about the guy who smoked a joint and beat his wife, but I've yet to see it.

Life is dangerous , its even more dangerous when you dont have your wits about you.... and I'm over shepherding dimwits that are loaded/drunk.

It’s difficult if not impossible to compare traffic accidents resulting death of Pot smokers vs alcohol drinkers.

If alcohol is involved, they can test for amount of alcohol in the system at the time of the accident.

If pot is involved, it is difficult if not impossible to do a post mortem to determine if the person was “Impaired” at the time of the accident, or just had THC in their system at the time of the accident.

Last edited by steve4102; 01/31/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Weird how some will blame a half cock notch and a mild sedative for a death.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"If ANYONE actually cared about the damage to society caused by a substance they’d not waste a single second on pot and would instead be calling for the prohibition of alcohol….or they’d at least be posting sensational threads attempting to demonize alcohol. Unfortunately alcohol and its consumption are topics that are brag worthy here…the guys that have the deepest need to fit in can always start talking about booze, the stupid things they’ve done when drunk and the fat girls they laid and they’ll be accepted into the “club”.

I don’t think the government has any right to tell a free person what they can put into their own body."
Very well put, acesneights.

I, too am an old paramedic, never saw anyone killed due to marijuana. After a decade on the job, I calculated that half our calls were generated by alcohol. If, somehow you could make ethanol disappear, you could lay off half of the EMTs. Lay off half the cops too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Disagree pugs.. pot has been “mainstream” for a long time now. Alcohol and weed have both been readily available forever.

Alcohol apologists keep hoping weed will catch up to the destruction booze causes but it never has and never will.

Many people here with real world experience (LEO EMT etc..)are saying the same yet much of the older crowd with no clue about weed but who can “handle their booze” insist they are equals.

There is no comparison nor even close

I have zero experience with pot and it is not mainstream in my circle of friends. Perhaps the Bay area is different?

Well your zero experience makes you the arbiter of truth and the last word on the subject. Interesting.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Whenever someone says drugs are a victimless crime remind them of the thousands that have died in turf wars over those drugs and their distribution.

Mexico and several other central and south American countries are living proof. Or, go to any downtown metro that has no penalties for marijuana use and possession. The kids on the road to a dead end life. No jobs, living in a tent and there is usually some little honey with them who is heading down the same trail.

kwg

Portland with 9000 cars stolen last year and with hundreds of tent communities. Utopia for folks like Jell0, Calledumb and SAC.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well your zero experience makes you the arbiter of truth and the last word on the subject. Interesting.

Never claimed such. I gave my opinion based on the reading I've done on pot. It's not harmless and it's not victimless. To say "it's as bad as" makes it no less so. That's simply common sense. I know folks who have abused alcohol. Is not pretty either.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Uh yeah thread title is so off the mark that it's ridiculous. Smoking pot does not make people shoot babies. Get a grip.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdm953

I cant think of anything that has caused the damage alcohol has, Not even close.

I agree with you completely, but alcohol properly used can be beneficial and a blessing. But we all know how the human race can screw up anything.

Don't know much about marijuana but I suspect it isn't all that bad, and probably not as bad as alcohol. Especially if you can get the good part without smoking it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by Violator22
So, whats the difference between someone drinking alcohol to where they are drunk? It is bad either way. Lets ban alcohol again, see how great that worked the first time.

I cant think of anything that has caused the damage alcohol has, Not even close.

To the best of my knowledge there are 2 addictive substances that can kill the addict during withdrawal. There are others that will make it seem like they’re dying, or afraid they won’t, but 2 that’ll kill outright (correct me if I’m wrong). Those are benzodiazepines (Valium etc) and ETO (alcohol).

Bobcat Goldthwait had a comedy skit about starting to drink a case of Tab a day instead of beer. Said that much Tab wasn’t good for him but it never made him tell a cop “Bite me”.

Not taking a side on excessive recreational use of either. I quit puffin decades ago and no longer drink liquor. But I know for a fact there is no reasonable comparison between the two. And putting mj in the same schedule as heroin and fentanyl is a most absurd misuse of political power. The death of the child in the car is a crime regardless of what the so called adults were doing. Too many of the downtrodden race use handguns as a “respect” builder and handle them in a careless manner. Unacceptable but true.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
I know judges, lawyers, doctors, and other successful people who smoke. I don't really care for it myself except on the rare occasion my insomnia is bad, it helps me sleep. People who are lazy and have no drive are going to be that way regardless of whether they smoke or not.

Odds are about 100% you often deal with people that smoke it without your knowledge
I probably just blame their incompetence on stupidity or laziness.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
People who are lazy and have no drive are going to be that way regardless of whether they smoke or not.

Gonna get you a TV show or podcast or something. Get some of that wisdom out to the masses.

Dr Roger...............................like Dr Phil or Dr Ruth. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
when you look at the stats having to do with alcohol and violence, alcohol and spousal abuse, alcohol and traffic accidents resulting in death, particularly those that result in the death of "other than the person drinking" ..... and the sheer magnitude of "all the above" by virtue of it being legal everywhere....

it makes it hard for me to advocate for one over the other.

I suppose there is a newspaper article somewhere about the guy who smoked a joint and beat his wife, but I've yet to see it.

Life is dangerous , its even more dangerous when you dont have your wits about you.... and I'm over shepherding dimwits that are loaded/drunk.

It’s difficult if not impossible to compare traffic accidents resulting death of Pot smokers vs alcohol drinkers.

If alcohol is involved, they can test for amount of alcohol in the system at the time of the accident.

If pot is involved, it is difficult if not impossible to do a post mortem to determine if the person was “Impaired” at the time of the accident, or just had THC in their system at the time of the accident.

You conveniently left out accidents where the driver is not killed, which is a lot of them.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH

shocked shocked

eek eek

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’m betting the Perps weren’t white.

No, but they could just as well be. People doing pot, meth, alcohol, whatever aren't known for their problem solving abilities.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by smokepole
Hell, in 18 states it's not any kind of crime.

Depends on what you mean by “it’s “.

Marijuana is illegal on the Federal level in all 50 States.

It is also a Felony in all 50 States to be in possession of a firearm or ammunition if you are a user or in possession of a Controlled Substance. Marijuana is a Schedule 1 Controlled substance.

At the very least the adult occupants of that vehicle could be charged with Illegal Possession of a firearm. If the firearm was purchased through an FFL and used form 4473, the buyer can also be charged with lying on a Federal form, another Felony.

So even in those 18 states, what happened in that car is a crime, a felony.

Read the title of the thread again. Does it say anything about buying guns?

LOL, no , but the article does say there was a firearm AND Marijuana in the car.

That alone IS a crime, a felony to be exact.

How that Firearm was acquired could also be Another Crime, another felony.

So your statement that in 18 States it’s not even a crime is incorrect.

Again, read the title of the thread dumbass, that's what I was referencing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
"For those who think alcohol intoxication is victimless, talk to the mom and dad whose kids were killed by a drunk driver"

Easy for the drinkers to condemn the stoners, but it's kinda the same thing.
Actually alcohol is worse.

Absolutely true but you won’t find alcoholics, whether they’re casual or hardcore alcoholics, admit that truth. It’s easier to point at something that someone else is doing and criticize them than it is to be intellectually consistent and honest.

I hear all the time, usually from people that are in their twilight years, how dangerous pot is. In all the years I worked “the streets” either in the police department or as a firefighter/EMT I don’t recall a single fatality from pot, either directly or indirectly. However I could tell stories that would not only scare the hell out of you but would make you cry like a baby over things I’ve seen as a result of alcohol. Rarely did a shift go by where we didn’t have at least 1 alcohol related incident.

If ANYONE actually cared about the damage to society caused by a substance they’d not waste a single second on pot and would instead be calling for the prohibition of alcohol….or they’d at least be posting sensational threads attempting to demonize alcohol. Unfortunately alcohol and its consumption are topics that are brag worthy here…the guys that have the deepest need to fit in can always start talking about booze, the stupid things they’ve done when drunk and the fat girls they laid and they’ll be accepted into the “club”.

I don’t think the government has any right to tell a free person what they can put into their own body.

I believe and agree with 100% of what you posted. The only thing I’ll add is that no matter what threats and penalties are imposed on those that use either, none of it is going away. It’s in our DNA and alcohol is too easy to make along with pot being too east to grow.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by rickt300

Never claimed such. I gave my opinion based on the reading I've done on pot. It's not harmless and it's not victimless. To say "it's as bad as" makes it no less so. That's simply common sense. I know folks who have abused alcohol. Is not pretty either.

Good for you Pugs have you read Hemingway's "For whom the bell tolls"? What reading have you done on "pot"? Seems your just a NAZI against good whiskey also. Bet you think the Covid vaccines are wonderful also. Any comment or published material put out by Big Pharma will be negative and blown out of proportion, and material put out by proponents will put pot in a better light. There is no real in between in the published material. It is none of your business what people drink or smoke anyway. I consider pot to be far less destructive to individuals than the laws against it's use.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I’m betting the Perps weren’t white.

Yep pretty sure race is why the little girl was shot.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We shouldn't legalize pot. It is not harmless and it's not victimless. We'll loose a generation of kids to it. Alcohol is what it is. Prohibition didn't work. It made millionaires out of the Kennedy's and a lot of other gangsters. pot is probably doing the same thing but that's no excuse for legalization.

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 18,677 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,859
Posts18,537,673
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
1 hour ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.