-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Corpus/Port A or South Padre, I go to Galveston with my girlfriend once in a while just to visit her mom, other than a couple of good restaurants there is not much there. People from there come down here to fish.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My Dad's practice partner used to call it Devil's Island, Galveston that is. They were young pathology residents there (UT Mediical Branch) in the '62-'63 time frame.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Too cold in Galveston now

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you’re vacationing on the TX Gulf Coast, South Padre Island is a good place.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good info. Thanks everyone.

Bb

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would wait a little later in the year to visit the Texas coast. Padre island is a spring break destination. I would come a little before or just after. Beaches are dreary in the winter. Fishing is weather dependent no matter where you go.
I’ve lived close to and fished Galveston bay all my life. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My favorite is Texas City, beautiful place, I'm sure many texans will agree. smile

Have a good time wherever you choose Bb.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Pretty much everyone in Texas goes to Orange Beach and Perdido. That should tell you about Galveston. Most of the time when we visit my sister-in-law at Tiki, we don’t even cross the bridge to go to Galveston.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/02/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Try to book with Brian Berrara if you go to SP. He's a good dude that will work hard for you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least they now have a good hurricane warning system. Galveston didn't always have that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Corpus/Port A or South Padre, I go to Galveston with my girlfriend once in a while just to visit her mom, other than a couple of good restaurants there is not much there. People from there come down here to fish.

Is Gaido's still in biz? Used to be "the place to go".

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Go much farther south. I spent a winter in Galveston working. It wasn't warm at all.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Is Gaido's still in biz? Used to be "the place to go".

not sure haven't tried that one, I'll ask her next time.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Last time I went to Galveston I was greeted by a huge, coiled up steamer, right on the pier.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Gaido's is still in buisness,but not as good as it was in the old days.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Looking for somewhere warm to get away to for a few weeks. I don't want to go out of the country or to a leftist dominated state so California and Hawaii are out. We've been to Florida several times so we would like to try something different.

There was a buy a beach home show on tonight set in Galveston and it looked like it might be an OK place to try. There are some fairly cheap flights from Idaho Falls to Houston. What's the verdict on Galveston? We have younger kids so we do kid oriented things on vacation.

I wouldn't mind a bit of fishing or hog hunting either.

Bb

I was looking there also. BUT, check the property taxes. They are crazy high, compared to out here, 4-5 times higher.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lslite
Gaido's is still in buisness,but not as good as it was in the old days.

That's too bad. It's probably changed hands a couple of times since I've been there. Sounds like; not for the better. I have no intention of going back with all the awesome haunts I've created in So. TX.

BTW For anyone thinking about going to So. Padre. Stop in the ship yard in Port Isabel and pick up fresh shrimp right off the shrimp boats. Can't get them any fresher!!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Looking for somewhere warm to get away to for a few weeks. I don't want to go out of the country or to a leftist dominated state so California and Hawaii are out. We've been to Florida several times so we would like to try something different.

There was a buy a beach home show on tonight set in Galveston and it looked like it might be an OK place to try. There are some fairly cheap flights from Idaho Falls to Houston. What's the verdict on Galveston? We have younger kids so we do kid oriented things on vacation.

I wouldn't mind a bit of fishing or hog hunting either.

Bb

I was looking there also. BUT, check the property taxes. They are crazy high, compared to out here, 4-5 times higher.

No state income tax. We have property tax and sales tax.
Niece is in the real estate business on Bolivar. Just across the ship channel from Galveston. Does business renting beach houses. They rent by the week end or week. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I was in Galveston about 6 yrs ago to take off on a cruise. It is a upper rich place, hot babes everywhere ya look.!! They are al real nice too and kept asking me out!! The beaches are awsum! ... All kidding aside, there was not much there at all. All my life I heard Galveston on an old country song. I have to say , I was disappointed. I did always wonder however, what those birds were with the big long beak. and I did see all kinds of catfish that looked like Channel cats but I am sure it was salt water. Are those what ya all call Hammer heads?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ihookem
I was in Galveston about 6 yrs ago to take off on a cruise. It is a upper rich place, hot babes everywhere ya look.!! They are al real nice too and kept asking me out!! The beaches are awsum! ... All kidding aside, there was not much there at all. All my life I heard Galveston on an old country song. I have to say , I was disappointed. I did always wonder however, what those birds were with the big long beak. and I did see all kinds of catfish that looked like Channel cats but I am sure it was salt water. Are those what ya all call Hammer heads?

Hard heads... Southern Sea Catfish.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.