Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
That may be what was mentioned yesterday. We continue to wait.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is Kenny going to get his azz booted too? There should be a roadblock in every Province, because I wouldn't doubt other Premiere's are guilty of some sort of cover up.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by UpTop
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Well, you will have to convince the various premiers that they cannot introduce laws that pertain to their jurisdictions. Despite what Trudeau may or may not say, he has little control over the provinces when it comes to provincial health regulations.

How will this play out in Coutts? I believe that the RCMP will call in more help and evict or arrest drivers. Politicians are playing things carefully, suggesting that the RCMP has to make the call. I am not a lawyer, but I think if Kenney instructs the RCMP to clear the area now, they must comply.
You were really "off" on this one. lol

Steve is always ‘off’ , not according to him of course.

Waste of time, listening to Steve . He definitely would have turned Anne Frank in ....for the good of all

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ah Lorne. We can always depend on you to add nothing to a conversation. laugh

I will repost this. Kenney’s announcement from yesterday about lifting restrictions in Feb. This could be what that tweet was about.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/lo...-covid-19-update-omicron-february-1-2022

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Steve’s ranting is like the sound of one hand clapping.......

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by 673
Is Kenny going to get his azz booted too? There should be a roadblock in every Province, because I wouldn't doubt other Premiere's are guilty of some sort of cover up.

He may be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/FranksBullitts/status/1489026676889583618?s=20&t=d9VEYzw_mDXAEKmqaaLo-A

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
CBC is reporting this.

UCP denies reports of rural caucus negotiating with blockade protesters after lanes opened in 'good faith'
But UCP caucus chair says some Alberta restrictions likely to be lifted 'within days'
Hannah Kost · CBC News

The United Conservative Party is denying reports that its rural caucus has negotiated an agreement to temporarily end a protest blockade at a border crossing in Alberta, in exchange for discussions on lifting COVID-19 health restrictions.

"Reports have surfaced that the United Conservative rural caucus has negotiated an agreement to temporarily end the Coutts blockade pending the outcome of a rural caucus meeting to discuss the immediate lifting of the Restrictions Exemption Program (REP)," UCP caucus chair Nathan Neudorf said in a statement Wednesday afternoon.

"No such agreement has been authorized and the meeting is not to discuss lifting the REP. As the Premier has stated, Alberta will begin lifting restrictions very soon, likely within days, starting with the REP."

The statement comes after reports of a potential breakthrough that aimed to resolve the blockade that has snarled cross-border traffic at the main U.S.-Canada border crossing in Coutts, Alta, since Saturday.

Chad Williamson, a lawyer representing truckers blocking access to the crossing, said earlier on Wednesday they had spoken with RCMP and agreed to open a lane of the highway in each direction.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-blockade-breakthrough-coutts-1.6337148

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

He may be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/FranksBullitts/status/1489026676889583618?s=20&t=d9VEYzw_mDXAEKmqaaLo-A

UpTop;
Good nearly evening to you sir, I hope you're well up in your part of the great state north west of us.

Thanks for the links too before I go on, I appreciate the updates for sure.

As mentioned I've got family all over the province next to us here in BC and no, especially when Kenney was turning a blind eye to arresting pastors while he and some buddies were caught feasting on a rooftop, it didn't play well with the peasantry.

Overall for a stated "conservative" they believe Kenney has been "gravely disappointing" or some Alberta term that meant the same thing... wink

The ouster of O'Toole has got to be shaking up a few of the politicos about now I'd think?

The ones who are awake anyways.

Once again I'll say - we'll see.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Kenney needs to be O'Tooled.

IC B3

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
No problem sir, I find this whole deal fascinating to say the least. Ive met quite a few Canadian truckers in my field, and all were salt of the earth, good, hard working men. Have a nice evening sir.
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by 673

He may be in trouble.

UpTop;
Good nearly evening to you sir, I hope you're well up in your part of the great state north west of us.

Thanks for the links too before I go on, I appreciate the updates for sure.

As mentioned I've got family all over the province next to us here in BC and no, especially when Kenney was turning a blind eye to arresting pastors while he and some buddies were caught feasting on a rooftop, it didn't play well with the peasantry.

Overall for a stated "conservative" they believe Kenney has been "gravely disappointing" or some Alberta term that meant the same thing... wink

The ouster of O'Toole has got to be shaking up a few of the politicos about now I'd think?

The ones who are awake anyways.

Once again I'll say - we'll see.

All the best and thanks again.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Conservatives name Candice Bergen as interim leader after O'Toole voted out

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/con...leader-after-o-toole-voted-out-1.5765468

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve;
Good evening again sir, I still hope you're well.

That's good news in my view.

I want to say she's been an MP since 2008 or so and was in key roles for the Harper government. She's pretty quick, tough and is experienced as she was Deputy Leader of the Opposition already so a logical choice.

Personally I'm biased towards Manitoba born ladies though, having married one 40 years back who might be about the same age as Candice come to think about it.

I'm hoping that this time Pierre Poilievre throws his hat in the ring for party leader.

The time might be right for him to be PM or at least I hope and pray it is.

All the best to you all tonight Steve.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BowRiverFlyGuy
Kenney needs to be O'Tooled.

Add Houston in NS to that list.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Steve caught again spreading lies and disinformation. They never rammed a police vehicle. That is a fake news CBC fake news for Trudeau's useful idiots. Why do you keep posting disinformation Steve? You did the same the past 2 years regarding Covid. Lie after lie after lie

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) have confirmed to Breitbart News that no officers have been assaulted by protesters at the Alberta border blockade despite the assertion from the province’s Premier, Jason Kenney, that they had.

The blockade – in which truckers protesting various Canadian coronavirus mandates by blocking the highway used as an international border crossing between Coutts, Alberta, and Sweet Grass, Montana – is part of what has become known as the “Freedom Convoy,” which also has conducted large demonstrations in Ottawa, the nation’s capital.

Supporters of the Freedom Convoy protest Covid-19 vaccine mandates and restrictions on January 29, 2022 in Ottawa, Canada. – Hundreds of truckers drove their giant rigs into the Canadian capital Ottawa on Saturday as part of a self-titled “Freedom Convoy” to protest vaccine mandates required to cross the US border. (Photo by Dave Chan / AFP) (Photo by DAVE CHAN/AFP via Getty Images)

At a press conference Tuesday, Kenney called for “calm” and said that he had heard reports of “people allied with the protesters assaulting RCMP officers, including one instance trying to ram members of the RCMP [with a vehicle].”

“This kind of conduct is totally unacceptable,” Kenney continued. “Assaulting law enforcement officers who were simply doing their job to maintain public safety and the rule of law is completely unacceptable.”

As first reported by Rebel News, the assault claim was untrue, and RCMP Cpl. Curtis Peters, who is on the ground in Coutts, independently confirmed to Breitbart News that no such assault took place, and the incident with the vehicle was an accident that occurred between civilians.

“There were no RCMP officers assaulted,” he said. “There was an assault that took place between two civilians. One of them was a protester who had been traveling the wrong way on a one-way lane of highway and then got in a collision with the innocent person. … But we haven’t had any assaults of police.”

According to Peters, the collision caused a fight to break out between the drivers.

While Kenney said that the protesters have “refused to negotiate in good faith with the RCMP,” Peters told Breitbart News that communications have been “constant” and “ongoing.”

Peters said the RCMP’s goal is to peaceably “bring this around to opening the roadway,” and added that in the past several hours, the truckers had agreed to open one lane of traffic for the northbound and southbound access. “But that wasn’t really opening up the border and bringing vehicles down, it just sort of allowed some more people to leave that had originally taken part in the protests and wanted out. That was done on their own accord,” he said. “We’ve been told that might be a temporary thing.”

In the negotiations, the truckers are maintaining that unless all the mandates are dropped, they are not leaving.

While “nobody’s been seriously hurt,” Peters said, “there’s still conflict.”

One such instance of conflict has to do with Coutts Mayor Jim Willett, who has reported harassment from some supporters of the protest.

According to Peters, Willett — who represents a town of 245 persons as of Canada’s last published census — said he has protesters outside his residence harassing him.

“The fight isn’t with the mayor,” Peters said. “He has no stake in the game when it comes to mandates. He’s trying to keep this community trucking along.”

The RCMP has also been tracking online threats to the mayor, but could not confirm to Breitbart News that those threats were coming from protesters.

Peters says he cannot predict when an end to the blockade, which entered its fifth day Wednesday, will come.

Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I haven't heard anything recent. What are you hearing there? What troubles me about things like this is sometimes trying to help ends up causing more harm.

Kenney calls for calm at border blockade, citing attempted ramming of RCMP members
'This road is clearing today,' say Mounties at the scene
Hannah Kost, Rob Easton · CBC News

Premier Jason Kenney is calling for calm following an incident he said involved "people allied with the protesters" at the Coutts, Alta. border crossing, describing it as an attempt to "ram members of the RCMP."

"This kind of conduct is totally unacceptable," Kenney said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon. "Assaulting law enforcement officers who are simply doing their job to maintain public safety and the rule of law is completely unacceptable."

The incident reportedly led to a collision with a civilian vehicle, Kenney said. He also called for people to stay away from the area while the RCMP carry out their action against the blockade.

Kenney said protesters have freedom of expression and assembly, but do not have the right to impede the rule of law and that the vast majority of Canadian truck drivers are law-abiding citizens.

He said the about 100 individuals are preventing thousands of truckers from doing their job of delivering food, goods and medicine to Albertans and Canadians, emphasizing that blocking a key piece of infrastructure is against the law.

Since Saturday, motorists travelling to and from the United States have been caught in a large blockade of vehicles that choked off Highway 4 near the border crossing.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/coutts-border-blockade-protest-alberta-1.6334990

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You really aren’t a good agitator, ribbie. You should be standing on Front St. with a sign. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
A feedlot sent this to me:

Farmers for Freedom

We are organizing a peaceful yet powerful lockdown of the country. On THURSDAY FEBRUARY 3, 12:00pm MST FOR 3 HOURS we want every farmer available to hook up implements and do a lockdown of every road in ALL OF CANADA. Let’s get the mandates lifted!! If needed, do it again the next day, same time!!

If emergency vehicles come, let them through. Gridlock the rest! BE UNIFIED!!

SHARE SHARE SHARE!!!!

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
That was sent to me last night , the brother in law and I may pull out the combine’s and go for a drive..

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,960
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.