Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by GuideGun
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Winchester SX4 NWTF 24" 12 gauge 3.5" with an Aimpoint H2 red dot and .665" Indian Creek Choke. 2.5oz of TSS 8

Franchi Affinity 3 Elite Waterfowl 26" 20 gauge 3" with a Scalarworks Sync mount and a Trijicon RMR red dot. .555" Indian Creek Choke. 1.625oz of TSS 9

2.5 oz of TSS #8s....that's a knat swarm of pellets.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GuideGun
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Winchester SX4 NWTF 24" 12 gauge 3.5" with an Aimpoint H2 red dot and .665" Indian Creek Choke. 2.5oz of TSS 8

That's a really nice SX4. Really nice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
"Lug that pig for miles..." My gas Maxus II 12g 3 1/2" 26" is 6 lbs 14 oz. My inertia A5 12g 3 1/2" 26" is 7 lbs 4 ozs. The the lighter Maxus II has less felt recoil. And arguing reliabilty between intertia guns and gas guns is just dumb. Gas guns just aren't that hard to clean.

"Nobody mentions the recoil from their Remington 870, Mossberg 835, H&R single shot, SxS or O/U. Why is that?" They do.

I'm sorry, of course you're right and other peoples experiences and opinions are wrong. In your words, "just dumb." Don't care to argue, I'm just interested in pictures of dead gobblers and such along with cool guns and experiences from hunters that care to share. I missed your pictures of dead critters with your shotguns?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC

I'm sorry, of course you're right and other peoples experiences and opinions are wrong. In your words, "just dumb." Don't care to argue, I'm just interested in pictures of dead gobblers and such along with cool guns and experiences from hunters that care to share. I missed your pictures of dead critters with your shotguns?

Not me lamenting the weight and reliabilty of gas guns when exposed to forest dust and rain. As far as other peoples experiences, that would be more better directed at LFC. As far as pictures of dead critters, I have few and I'm not in any of them but one, and its old.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
GuideGun, what's it like touching off that 2.5oz artillery shell? I picked up a Benelli Nova, years ago, when Galyons was blowing them out for around $200. Figured it would be a nice backup gun. I fired 1 12ga 3-1/2" 2-1/4oz turkey shell out of it and thought I had loosened every tooth in my head! Lol! I ended up giving it to a guy I didn't like! Haha!

MOGC, does the predator decoy work as good as they say it does? I've coyote hunted for years without one, but they have my curiosity now...

You'll never hear me say the little 20ga 870 doesn't recoil with these 3" TSS shells, because it does! Even with the "recoil reduction" spring system the Knoxx Blackhawk stock has in it. I'm not recoil sensitive, but that doesn't mean I don't feel it!

Over the years, I've carried every type of shotgun turkey hunting. Only exception is a bolt action. And talk about a pig! I carried a Remington SP-10 around for years! But what a thunder stick that thing was!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What makes all of this so neat to me, is that you can make whatever you want to out of it!

So whatever you use and however you use it, enjoy!

3 years ago I thought my hunting days were over. Busted up my spine so bad, thought I'd never walk again let alone hunt. But a great surgeon and a lot of PT and I'm back at it. I don't get around as good as I used to, but I still get around and I'm still hunting! And loving every precious minute of it!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson

So whatever you use and however you use it, enjoy!

Could not agree more.

By the way hardest I have ever been hit by a turkey gun was a Mossberg 835 3.5" 2 1/4 of shot. I am not that pissed off at anything to do that again

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MOGC
Nobody mentions the recoil from their Remington 870, Mossberg 835, H&R single shot, SxS or O/U. Why is that?

We can if it makes anyone feel better.

My BPS 10 gauge (Geraldine) with a 2 1/4 oz load is THE most absolutely hateful gun I have ever pulled the trigger on. And I've done it hundreds of times. I still hate it. I've shot multiple Mossberg 835's.......... .375's.........416's........... I ran an entire box of 20 500 grain handloads through a .458 Win Mag in one short stint at a sit-down bench off sandbags. In a T-shirt. Geraldine has split my face open TWICE. It's a combination of raw free recoil and gun fit. But Geraldine is the foulest motherhuncher I've ever fired.

I went to pattern 3 shells one day at a bench. All factory Winchester 2 1/4 oz loads...........a 4, a 5 and a 6. I shot two and felt like I had a hatchet buried in my forehead. Never did fire the 3rd shell.

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/03/22.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Remington SP10 10g had way less felt recoil than my Browning BPS 3 1/2" at the time. Sweetest patterning gun I think I ever had. 11 lbs of weight and that gas system ate up the recoil.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dean, a motion decoy is fantastic for bobcats and fox and about 50/50 on coyotes. For coyotes about half the time it will spook them off and they will absolutely circle downwind if they haven't already. That is an age, dominance and territory thing.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks MOGC.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I saw a Marlin bolt action 12 gage today at my LGS has A 36" barrel, has that cool factor going for it! If it was a 16 gage I'd have bought it!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Was that their goose gun?

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlering
I saw a Marlin bolt action 12 gage today at my LGS has A 36" barrel, has that cool factor going for it! If it was a 16 gage I'd have bought it!

There's one of those in 10 gauge sitting around here, somewhere.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by saddlering

There's one of those in 10 gauge sitting around here, somewhere.

I have a Marlin Super Goose 10 gauge with 36" barrel sitting around my place too! I would love to have some chokes put in it so I can take it goose hunting again. I killed my first turkey and greater Canadian goose with it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Was it H&R that offered the "Long Tom"? Single shot 10ga (?) with a long barrel. Actually saw 1 at my LGS and put some fingerprints all over it. Thought about it, went back a couple days later and it was gone.

NRA life member

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Was it H&R that offered the "Long Tom"? Single shot 10ga (?) with a long barrel. Actually saw 1 at my LGS and put some fingerprints all over it. Thought about it, went back a couple days later and it was gone.

Yeah
Just sold mine this last part of last year
Should have probably called it a turkey mower.
No place to go anymore. Haven't had a
turkey place in a decade +
No sense in maintaining a spider condo
Mine was a NEF, same as a H&R
Had the factory green blob paint scheme.

Couldn't make a photo post
Says too many mega bytes or some such doodoo

Last edited by Ranger99; 02/04/22.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had a 10 gauge side by side the would double fire! Got rid of that, hammered turkeys though. We both would be flopping around on the ground. Lol

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by badwolf
Had a 10 gauge side by side the would double fire! Got rid of that, hammered turkeys though. We both would be flopping around on the ground. Lol

Bet that would get your attention

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dunno which one to pick honestly???

🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 02/04/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I usually use my Beretta 391, seems to work just fine. 😎 I try not to over think it.

Sometimes in the fall i take my Browning 20ga Citori. Hens and jakes are a little easier.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,460
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.