Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I know what you mean, Bob. It is unfortunate that no one wants to dispassionately discuss what’s happening.

Proverbs 14:15 says - A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CZ550
Steve, I don't think you're gonna win any arguments or friends here by trying to be objective. I know you're not what some are trying to make you out to be. However, by joining in a mud-slinging contest isn't the way to go, and I think you know that.

To the rest: My wife and I greatly appreciated Pierre Trudeau's "Just watch me" attitude when we lived in Montreal during the FLQ crisis. Nonetheless, I'm a true conservative in a social sense, and believe Stephen Harper to have been our greatest and best PM for a long time. And until the CP can come close to that again in leadership, we'll end up with increased left-leaning PMs because that's the cultural trend in Canada, Europe and the USA - away from God and to have "freedom" to "do your own thing" - meaning increased self-deception and immorality. Since I can't agree with those trends, I'll abstain from voting for anyone who supports them! But, since I can't support the NDP's agenda, nor the current Liberal thinking - and it's proxies in the media, I'll vote for the local Conservative rep, and have done so for the past 35 years.

It's not news, but Justin is not only a poor leader but a dangerous one who seems only concerned about maintaining "power" and "image" for its own sake.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Wrong.
The reason we have left leaning Prime ministers and left leaning political views is because of Ontario and Quebec.
The fact that those two Provinces decide for us here in the west is the problem in its entirety, we wouldn't have this problem if there were a border at Manitoba/Ontario, and is likely the only solution.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I know what you mean, Bob. It is unfortunate that no one wants to dispassionately discuss what’s happening.

Proverbs 14:15 says - A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

Acts 3:19 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nothing limp about the Canadians response anyone who title a post this is a left leaning liberal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

it seems to me you have a different opinion to most here on what is going on and are hoping to present your side under varying news reports with a lot of tut tut lets learn to look at the facts, mediation type posting.

I personallly dont need a lesson on interpreting news sources, I dont think many here do either.

Just be frank. What is your own position on the news coverage, covid in general and the response by the canadian government etc.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 158XTP

it seems to me you have a different opinion to most here on what is going on and are hoping to present your side under varying news reports with a lot of tut tut lets learn to look at the facts, mediation type posting.

I personallly dont need a lesson on interpreting news sources, I dont think many here do either.

Just be frank. What is your own position on the news coverage, covid in general and the response by the canadian government etc.

Steve is an idiot of epic magnitude. He'll side with whatever is the ruling party, right no it's the despots.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Ban that Communist Troll.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just be frank. What is your own position on the news coverage, Covid in general and the response by the Canadian government etc.

Steve: I was planning on asking this myself. What are your personal feelings about the way your government has responded to the Corona virus? Do you think the "science" got some important things wrong? Do you think the mandates and border closures were justified now that you have the benefit of hindsight?

What would you personally do if you were PM about the disruption that truckers and farmers are causing?

Do you personally feel any regret about the financial hardships, the family breakups, the suicides and despair the government restrictions have caused?

Has this "pandemic" cost you one cent?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Love this nurse confronting Trudeau's Gestapo news. Steve's favorite news source

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
Just be frank. What is your own position on the news coverage, Covid in general and the response by the Canadian government etc.

Steve: I was planning on asking this myself. What are your personal feelings about the way your government has responded to the Corona virus? Do you think the "science" got some important things wrong? Do you think the mandates and border closures were justified now that you have the benefit of hindsight?

What would you personally do if you were PM about the disruption that truckers and farmers are causing?

Do you personally feel any regret about the financial hardships, the family breakups, the suicides and despair the government restrictions have caused?

Has this "pandemic" cost you one cent?

Read Steve's posts the past 2 years for your answer. He's repeatedly supported the lockdowns, firings, arrests forced vaxxine , the CBC NAZIs etc

Despicable to say the least

Last edited by ribka; 02/10/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Great questions.

When the virus first showed up, I think science did what they thought was best. They knew nothing about COVID-19. The government followed their advice. As the virus went through the population and began to mutate, the doctors changed or modified their recommendations. It's important to remember that two years ago, there was no treatment or vaccine. They were still trying to figure out where it came from. Knowing that would have helped determine exactly what it was that they were dealing with.

About a year ago, I subscribed to Dr. John Campbell on youtube. He's a Brit, and a retired nursing teacher. https://www.youtube.com/c/Campbellteaching

It is difficult to compact a years worth of his daily chats into a short piece, but the Europeans seemed to be a few weeks ahead of us when the different variants hit. Campbell tracked the spread and all the normal stuff that medical people want a record of.

A few things he said struck me over the months. First was that people with compromised immune systems, transplant recipients and those with medical conditions should get the shot. Their bodies were weak to begin with. That made sense.

Second, for the rest, he reminded his subscribers that vaccines don't guarantee that we would not get COVID. He used examples of those who get shots for chicken pox or the flu. Some still end up with it. The vaccine would reduce the severity however. That said, people would still die. In that respect, it was no different than flu epidemics of the past.

Over the past year, he's talked about the various strains. Doctors consider the Omicron variant to be a blessing in some respects. It is a mild variant, and provides the immunity needed for the future.

What I took away from his talks was this. With the aforementioned exceptions, people don't need to worry as much about COVID now as they did from January 2020 until the fall of 2021. Between the vaccinations and the natural immunity, European doctors are confident that the worst is over. I believe what they say.

My personal belief is you should decide if you want the shot or not. There would be exceptions to this like healthcare/old age home workers or those dealing with persons whose immune systems are poor.

I believe that Trudeau has grossly mishandled the trucker's situation. As the disturbances grew, and before they decided to go to Ottawa, he should have listened to those who wanted to express their points of view. But he didn't. He ignored them, and this is what fanned the flames. He's not helping by sticking his head in the ground.

I feel no regret for any financial hardships. I did not cause them.

I have been helping my daughter. She is married with two kids. She and her husband have had periods of no work over the past two years. I have helped with their groceries and mortgage payments.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka

Love this nurse confronting Trudeau's Gestapo news. Steve's favorite news source

Great vid and so true and sad!

Thanks

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Steve. The problem here is people believing that big government knows it all and is good for people.

I have a bit of medical background. Plus haz mat and fire. Not a great deal. But a fair bit.

We that have that knowledge screamed from the git go that this was all wrong. Smelled wrong. Simply did not add up.

The most deaths that happened from this thing was from non treatment. Thats the LAST thing you do as medical and especially as emergency medical.

Guess what. In emergency medical we rarely know what the name of a disease is that we are dealing with. But we treat symptoms and turn it over to supposedly higher educated folks.

Couple simple things here. If you are sick and getting sicker you don't send those folks home.

Micron size. Mask seal. Right off the bat most people knew that masks, even N95 could not stop transmission.

We knew that for anything you should stay away from others a bit. Didn't' mean at home. DOn't sneeze on others etc... Wash your hands a bit there. Especially after dealign with public.

Yet government that you voted for and elected and believed in said no, do it another way.

Yes you are partly responsible for this. For believing in your government.

Shutting down as long as they did simply drug this whole thing out to the extent is is now. Most anyone can survive a couple weeks. And that all they wanted. But nope. Drag it on, kill the economy. Pay folks to stay home. Pay em even more on welfare so they vote for me again and they don't have the urge to be productive.

This whole thing stinks except you evidently had the covid because you can't smell it. Simple as that.

Never mind the fact that iodine kills covid, 1% iodine. And we've known that for quite some time. Along with other drugs. But those are not the high dollar drugs.

I'm totally fed up with all the lies that came along with this. And the fact folks bought into them, and still do in large part.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
And another excellent post^^^^

IT NEVER ADDED UP!

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I understand, Ontario is being a stick in the mud on covid issues?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Let's be clear about one thing: I have never voted Liberal - ever. It is my government because they were legally elected.

I worked for the military for 22 years in uniform and 11 years as a civilian. I have seen regimes who put their citizens into lockdown and treated them like dirt. I was surprised when I felt some of that same anger and resentment at home. I hope that what we have experienced will not happen again.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
I agree with you Steve, I hope to never experience this again. It has brought out the best and worst in people. Fear and anxiety can do that. You are a good man to have helped out your family. I have been lucky, both my wife and I are retired and our kids ended up working from their homes. We have not been impacted as hard as many others.

I pray that we are nearing the end of this mess. I am surprised that Trudeau hasn’t stepped down as leader of the Liberals. He has painted himself into a corner and his tone has made meeting the convoy organizers near impossible, therefore a peaceful resolution is made more difficult..

Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Nick1899
I agree with you Steve, I hope to never experience this again. It has brought out the best and worst in people. Fear and anxiety can do that. You are a good man to have helped out your family. I have been lucky, both my wife and I are retired and our kids ended up working from their homes. We have not been impacted as hard as many others.

I pray that we are nearing the end of this mess. I am surprised that Trudeau hasn’t stepped down as leader of the Liberals. He has painted himself into a corner and his tone has made meeting the convoy organizers near impossible, therefore a peaceful resolution is made more difficult..

Nick

Thanks, Nick.

I cannot see Trudeau keeping the confidence of his party. Regardless of the leader, the power lies in the back rooms. The Liberals realize that he is a pariah. No more sunny ways. I think they are looking for a replacement.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A small thing, but a positive note for the Canuckian protestors from the damn Yankees. Attended the 73rd annual Sierra Cascade logging conference today in Redding CA. Used to hear a little grousing and grumbling and sour grapes from the guys over NAFTA and USCMA softwood imports from Canada (they understand it's not the workers fault, it's the politicians trade deals).
Well let me tell you, it was rah, rah Canuck protesters today. A couple of mentions from keynote speakers too. Everything I heard was 100% supportive and admiration for you folks and how well you conducted yourselves to achieve your goals. Be proud my friends.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Let's be clear about one thing: I have never voted Liberal - ever. It is my government because they were legally elected.

I worked for the military for 22 years in uniform and 11 years as a civilian. I have seen regimes who put their citizens into lockdown and treated them like dirt. I was surprised when I felt some of that same anger and resentment at home. I hope that what we have experienced will not happen again.

And yet the past two years you were openly supporting all of the shutdowns and vaccine mandates and did nt care if millions of lives were destroyed. You're back peddling now because you've been called out my other members.

I'll never forget. You have no shame

one of your your gems

Re: Canada to keep border with U.S. closed until at least Oct. 21 [Re: Steve Redgwell] #15233581 09/18/20
OPOffline
Steve Redgwell
Campfire Outfitter

Ontario, Canada

Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci. I believe the figure was removed because it was misleading.

Last edited by ribka; 02/10/22.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,860
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.