Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Might be final pre-invasion prep...

The first part of a Russian Navy amphibious landing ship force, which can carry troops, tanks and supplies, has entered the Dardanelles, connecting the Mediterranean to the Black Sea. This is significant, representing a point of no return in their controversial voyage towards the Black Sea and Ukraine.

The narrow waterways running through Istanbul connects the Black Sea and Mediterranean. The first is the Dardanelles, followed by the famous Bosporus. Due to traffic regulation ships do not turn around. 6 amphibious warfare ships and a submarine are expected to pass north into the Black Sea over the next few days.

Entering these waterways removes any final ambiguity surrounding their mission. Their travel from the Baltic and Northern fleets are undeniably part of President Putin’s Ukraine build-up. These ships are, due to their amphibious warfare role, suitable for offensive troop landings. Or vital logistics support to land operations along the coast.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-new...OPy8aqZek6pZ-4Hwl5yFawLVUH84xLoMUcVh1txs

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
According to a friend in the know, Cyber attacks on oil distribution hubs in NATO countries happening too...

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not to worry. Beijing Biden will send Putin a strongly worded letter telling him to "knock it off!"

Putin's response .........

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]host pictures

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 02/09/22. Reason: Correct name.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Build Back Better

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Biden's gonna call Putin after his mid day nap and ice cream cone, and give him the standard "Come on, man!"

MOLON LABE
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

biden is a weak & sorry POS

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Russian naval vessels in the Black Sea are about as significant as US naval vessels in the Gulf of Mexico.

Wake me when those Russian ships are in the Gulf of Mexico...

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Putin is mostly just messing with Biden.

μολὼν λαβέ
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jfruser
Russian naval vessels in the Black Sea are about as significant as US naval vessels in the Gulf of Mexico.

During exercise season, sure.

But these are amphibious warfare ships.....in February. That's a whole different deal.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Shouldn't that be: "The Bidens...."

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Shouldn't that be: "The Bidens...."

Or "Democrats..."

MOLON LABE
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
The combined capacity of all six ships is at most, 2000 troops.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
for crying out loud, when have russian naval vessels NOT been in the black sea. . . .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

But these are amphibious warfare ships.....in February. That's a whole different deal.

Not so much.

Amphib warships in February...in the ARCTIC SEA would be newsworthy. And miserable for the passengers.

Russkies have had a YUGE naval base in Crimea since the 1700s. [That's why the took it in 2014 after the US (state dept neocon)-instigated color revolution.] All sorts of ships dock or are stationed there, to include amphips, as part of the Black Sea Fleet.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here ya go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Russian_Navy_ships#Landing_ships

Yep, landing ships are part of the Black Sea Fleet, just as I remembered.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
----Fred Rogers
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bugs4
for crying out loud, when have russian naval vessels NOT been in the black sea. . . .

Not so much.

Amphib warships in February...in the ARCTIC SEA would be newsworthy. And miserable for the passengers.

Russkies have had a YUGE naval base in Crimea since the 1700s. [That's why the took it in 2014 after the US (state dept neocon)-instigated color revolution.] All sorts of ships dock or are stationed there, to include amphips, as part of the Black Sea Fleet.

Yep, people need to read up on their history and look at a map.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Not so much.

Apparently you missed the significance exercise season.
What are where are only two parts of the equations. There are times when this activity would be considered normal. At other times not so much.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/09/22.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Here ya go:

I can look at this two ways. One, like I stated earlier, these aren't huge ships and aren't much of a threat. On the other hand, the ships listed are (were) assigned to the Baltic fleet, so unless there are some going the other way, this is quite a big net increase. Just an aside--has anyone ever noticed that the Soviet/Russians have a habit of changing ships' hull/pennant numbers on whim or new assignment? Everyone else numbers a ship and it stays the same for its life.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The Russia, Russia, Russia hysteria/distraction is so laughable. Cant believe Americans are still. dumb enough to fall for this ruse

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Here ya go:

I can look at this two ways. One, like I stated earlier, these aren't huge ships and aren't much of a threat. On the other hand, the ships listed are (were) assigned to the Baltic fleet, so unless there are some going the other way, this is quite a big net increase. Just an aside--has anyone ever noticed that the Soviet/Russians have a habit of changing ships' hull/pennant numbers on whim or new assignment? Everyone else numbers a ship and it stays the same for its life.

Just two? Heck, there are THREE views in just the last three posts.

1. jfruser--Dude, Black Sea Fleet & Crimean naval base. Expect some traffic.
2. antelope_sniper--Don't you SEE?! February! Russian ships passing Istanbul in February? Inconceivable!
3. UPhiker--Sure, the absolute numbers & combat power of the ships and troops traversing the Dardanelles are tiny, but if you add them to the tiny numbers already in the Black Sea, you may get TWICE the tiny number. TOO-tiny, as it were. Significant, yes?

I will place my bet on "Expect some traffic" with a side bet on, "Reinforce the Crimea from NATO harassment."

Regards,

deadlift_dude
----Fred Rogers
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,822
Posts18,516,744
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.