Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gene270 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
just saw 35 powders available..hard to believe even if they arent the most popular ones

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Powder is nice, but without primers what's the point. Before the comments commence, I have several thousand primers, but even those will get short in supply if things don't turn around.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Picked up 2lbs of Varget from a local GS but at 45.00 dollars a lb I was like WTF.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
They have had IMR 4895 for a couple weeks now. I'm surprised it hasn't sold out already. I went ahead and ordered 2 pounds of it. I wish I could find powder locally, paying shipping and hazmat charges sucks.

Ammo is starting to come back around in my area but reloading components are hard to find. I seen a box of 30 cal 180 gn Nosler partitions the other day for $75.00 at a local shop. if I remember correctly they were about 48-50 bucks in 2019

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Sure wish I could get my hands on some IMR 4350. I have about 1.5 pounds left.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Powder is nice, but without primers what's the point. Before the comments commence, I have several thousand primers, but even those will get short in supply if things don't turn around.

Exactly. Sounds like I'm in the same position as you with powder & primers, brass and bullets and I'll buy no more of any reloading components until primers become readily available.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They actually had Varget for a short time yesterday morning. I couldn’t get it in my cart fast enough before it sold out. I was able to get 2 lbs of Staball though. I noticed it is now out. I usually check at least once a day. I would like to find 4451 and/or R16.

Rick Grimes for Governor
"This isn't a democracy anymore"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I usually check once a day too, I always check midway, powder valley and Natchez shooter supply. Those are the only online retailers I trust.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't need any powders, but Midway did have Alliant PP2000-MR. I've not been able to find it anywhere and with a 35 Whelen loading project coming up I bought two pounds (their limit). This powder, along with CFE223, is supposed to be a performance upgrade for the Whelen.

https://reloadingdata.speer.com/downloads/speer/reloading-pdfs/rifle/35_Whelen_220.pdf

https://reloadingdata.speer.com/downloads/speer/reloading-pdfs/rifle/35_Whelen_250.pdf

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Midway had H4895 yesterday, for about an hour….

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Changing course slightly - something I noted about ordering on Powder Valley is that when you put some powder in your cart you have 20 minutes to check it out. From what I was seeing they actually reserve what's in your cart so someone else can't buy it out from under you. If you don't check out and pay for it in that time span then they return it to the general stock. I watched several powders go out of stock, then back in stock, out, in, etc. over a 15-20 minute time period as people would put things in their cart then decide to buy it or not.

Don't quote me on that 20 minutes but it's enough time to make up your mind without being unfair to others. I didn't really notice it until the second time I was shopping there and saw the countdown at the top of the screen - "you have 19 minutes 26 seconds to check out" or some such.

They do have a limit of how much you can buy in any one day and a 50 pound total limit although I don't know the time frame on that.

Got 8 pounds of various powder arriving today for an average cost with hazmat and shipping of about $33 per pound. Not a great price compared to pre-CSHTF days but it beats the pants off the $45 to $75 per pound guys at gun shows and local classified ads want.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I do believe you are correct about the 20 min time limit and I agree it seems fair and gives other people a chance. They actually have 8 pound kegs of RAMSHOT Big Game right now. I went ahead and ordered one 8 pounder about 30mins ago. I won't be buying any powder any time soon, if my calculations are somewhat accurate the 8 pounds I have on the way and the other powders I already have should match the number of primers I have. My hazmat fee was $19.95 and shipping was $13.95 for 8 pounds of powder.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

I just ordered 2# (limit) of CFE223 today

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 02/10/22.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Midway had H4895 yesterday, for about an hour….

Damn I really need some H4895.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

I agree. Things will slowly improve. We are seeing it with powder and bullets first. It will take a little while longer for primers. However with that being said, I saw some small rifle primers on the shelf at a LGS I frequent. Its the first time in a long time that I've seen them anywhere. Price was way too high, but that too will go down after supply is better. I saw those BR4's last week and they are actually still on the shelf. 3 bricks of them and they haven't moved. The store may catch on and lower the price. We will see...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

I just ordered 2# (limit) of CFE223 today

That sucks, as CFE223 and H335 were ones that were easy to find in my location. Still pretty reasonably priced as well. Both at $26.99/pound approx.... Ramshot powders have also been very accessible and reasonably priced ($30/pound). It was funny because I found a couple stores selling it. One an archery shop, of all places, selling it in bulk. Bring your own jug and buy it by the pound. They did have one pound containers of X-terminator, so I bought 5 pounds from them.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you have a Walmart that sells reloading components and ammo, keep an eye on them because they do not price gouge their customers. Even though a lot of guys bad mouth Walmart, they try to keep things at a reasonable price...

Coastal Farm and ranch is also a good store to visit. They are generally reasonably priced:

And Bi-Mart, if you live in the PNW.

There are also tricks you can use. Find a store that gives incentives for buying there, like gift cards with purchases over $100 etc. I bought a range finder yesterday and received $100.00 in gift cards. Those can be used for bullets, powder, primers, tools gun cases, binoculars, rifle scopes, hardware, etc. etc. etc.. They have a good selection of powder: Longshot, 2000mr, AA powders, and some other's I can't think of. Bullets in good supply like Hornady, sierra and Barnes. Their powder prices are high: $40-$60/pound, but with the gift cards, it knocks $20 off the price with each gift card. I'll be going in and using those gift cards and reaping the benefits. Look for little mom and pop shops. Sometimes their prices are good because they don't want to lose customers. Then speak up and tell them if their prices are out of line. I've used this approach a few times. Let them know they were going to lose customers if they don't knock their chit off. I've had some ask me what I thought was a reasonable price and they were willing to work with me. One shop in Washington has a chidt load of 375 winchester brass. They were pretty cool. We looked it up on line to see what starline charged for their brass and the store owner said he'd match their price. Sometimes it pays to speak up.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I had no idea costal farm sold reloading components, good to know. Only time I ever go there is for dog/chicken food and I usually don't look around to much.

I'm a big fan of Bi-Mart, no powder yet at my local store but they are starting to get a selection of brass and bullets back. They had a pretty broad selection of rifle and pistol ammo about a week ago but it's all gone now.

Things are getting better, slowly but it's all starting to come back around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! Lots of good stuff. Some I use, some I’d maybe like to try, but I have plenty for all my guns for the foreseeable future. If you need any, I wouldn’t linger…

On a related topic, .22 ammo and certain types of shotshells are available online if you look a bit, and CF rifle too. Prices on .22s are strange. One place has CCI SV for $43 a brick, but Mini-Mags are $20 a 100, pretty much what Stingers and Velocitors go for. Target loads in 12 and 20ga are about $120 a case.

What fresh Hell is this?
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice! Thanks for heads up
I need primers!!!

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Midway has over 50 powders in stock right now.
Limit 2 pounds per.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (808outdoors, 35, B52RadarNav, ar33c9, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,217 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.