Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 119 of 150 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 149 150
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a 7600 in 30-06.I have had the gun 3 years now and when it shoots it does so way better than me. That said the first year I had it I had a light strike on the primer, lost a good deer. I took it to a gunsmith it was cleaned and fired with no problems. Fast forward to this past Tue eve, a wall hanger comes out on a clear cut about 100 yrds, get on him click, rack a round, click, rack another click, then once more for good measure, click. They were all light strikes on the primer. Is this a common problem, and can it be fixed for good . I have lost hope of it going back in the woods with this problem. I used some rem oil on it Wed afternoon and fired 8 rounds through it with no problems, the 4 light strikes and 4 more. Any ideas would be great. Pm or a post. Thanks Tommy Ps I love the gun but only when it goes bang.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bad firing pin or spring?

Same batch of ammo on all?

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/12/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m thinking you have oil on you firing pin. Clean it as best you can. If you have Kroil maybe you can get the thicker oil out.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The 4 light strikes were from the same batch, next 4 were from a different batch #. The firing pin seemed to be very dry, I put a lil dry lube with a q tip and it seemed to free it up, I may have went the wrong way with the oil, just not sure. Thanks all tips will be checked out and tried.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Factory ammo?
Try an extra power hammer spring from Wolff gun springs.

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 02/12/22.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Try removing the bolt assembly and soaking in some Coleman fuel and let it sit for a few minutes, then slosh it around in the gas, then air dry and try again. I had a similar problem with a Weatherby Mark V lightweight .30-06 some years ago. Turned out to be crappy headspace on crappy Hornady factory ammo. A bunch of rounds later from various factory loads and my hand loads and nary a misfire. After cleaning bolts like that, I put a super light coat of Ballistol on the exterior of the bolt and then wipe off. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes it was all factory ammo, I know it was rem cor lock 165 grn but it does great with it. Thanks Dave I will for sure look into that, and I am still on the fence about swaping the firing pin, i am thinking a full swap and see what happens. Hammer spring and firing pin. It will take a lot of rounds before I can even think about taking it back to hunt with.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If you bought the rifle used, the original owner may have left the hammer cocked and set the spring. I would remove the trigger group and spray the back of the bolt with brake cleaner several times and work the firing pin after each time I sprayed and clean up the trigger group. Taking the rifle apart would be the last thing I'd try since it shoots so well.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Somebody must have been desperate to complete a collection. Gun is a beater in my opinion.

Remington 760 .35 Rem Carbine

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I agree Garry but honestly I've been shaking my head at almost every 760/7600 on GB lately. There was a beater 760 carbine I bid up to 650 the other day but let it go. I've been looking for either a carbine or a rifle in bad enough shape I don't feel guilty cutting down for a project I have in mind, but at today's prices I'm just going to put it on the back burner until people come to their senses.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by bbassi
I agree Garry but honestly I've been shaking my head at almost every 760/7600 on GB lately. There was a beater 760 carbine I bid up to 650 the other day but let it go. I've been looking for either a carbine or a rifle in bad enough shape I don't feel guilty cutting down for a project I have in mind, but at today's prices I'm just going to put it on the back burner until people come to their senses.

I agree with you fully Brent, Gunbroker is crazy and definitely not the place to buy.
Happy Birthday also.
I have been lucky looking in several LGS's here for what I call the "Catskill Syndrome guns" but they've been very scarce as of late.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I can't wait to see what kind of stupid money this one brings.

7600 carbine 35REM

For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
On another note, I picked up a case of the newer run 180gr round nose corelokts for my -06 last week. This was the first 6 shots. 2 touching, pulled the 3rd high. 4th made the clover leaf. Then I adjusted the 2-7 a little and 5,6 are at 3 o'clock in the bull. I think they should do in that gun. wink
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by leesway2
Yes it was all factory ammo, I know it was rem cor lock 165 grn but it does great with it. Thanks Dave I will for sure look into that, and I am still on the fence about swaping the firing pin, i am thinking a full swap and see what happens. Hammer spring and firing pin. It will take a lot of rounds before I can even think about taking it back to hunt with.

I’d check hammer spring and headspace first and then the firing pin (could check protrusion from bolt face). Owned or hunted 760/7600s since I was a kid and never had a misfire. Have had misfires with light hammer springs in other guns and with excessive headspace.

PennDog

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

7600 carbine 35REM

thats a grice special circa 2003. i have one. nice guns and good shooter. i have its cousin whelen in wood and blue too from the same era. that one is real rare.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by rem141r

7600 carbine 35REM

thats a grice special circa 2003. i have one. nice guns and good shooter. i have its cousin whelen in wood and blue too from the same era. that one is real rare.

Uh-oh……maybe I shouldn’t have had mine reamed out to .358 Winchester😬😄

PennDog

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by rem141r

7600 carbine 35REM

I think it was around 2007-08 that a local shop had one of those and a NIB 257 Roberts. He was asking $600 for the pair and had them for a while. They sat for a long time but when I finally decided to pull the trigger, they were sold.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
On another note, I picked up a case of the newer run 180gr round nose corelokts for my -06 last week. This was the first 6 shots. 2 touching, pulled the 3rd high. 4th made the clover leaf. Then I adjusted the 2-7 a little and 5,6 are at 3 o'clock in the bull. I think they should do in that gun. wink

I saw that very ammo for sale today at Bob's army navy store in Clearfield Pa. $33 a box

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I
Originally Posted by thumbcocker

I saw that very ammo for sale today at Bob's army navy store in Clearfield Pa. $33 a box

I’ve been on the lookout for some with no luck. Any old stock I have seen on GB has gone for $60+ a box.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I looked at this pic before I saw your post. I thought "oh schit" for a second. Thought I sold you a magic wand. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Page 119 of 150 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,898
Posts18,479,278
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.