-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 1,842 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Air that cabin out. That OSB will be offgassing some seriously evil stuff for a while, if you care about that kind of thing...

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you're right about that Jeff.

it was worse at first but after a few nights & days of that wood stove woofing & the windows all wide open I think it's getting better, either that of my smeller is roasted? smile

What do you think about this cool old T&G planking?

man it needs something like that..

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The planking sounds great! I run a recording studio, and I finished off the inside with salvaged barn siding- weathered grey, etc. Love it!

It's $900 though...

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah i know.. oof, 900 bucks. I aint got a rifle in the safe I could part with.... I dunno how to swing this one, wonder if he likes old cars. i got a 2 dr 54 chev all orig & complete unrestored... & a couple trucks of the same vintage... I dunno, gotta think of something.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mmmm, 1954 trucks, old cars, for old wood, hmmm good trade...

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

make'm heap good trade.

Last edited by northern_dave; 09/25/07.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Don't be sellin' good hot rod material or rifles for that matter to fund a project. I have been down that road... alot. It is not worth it. Now if you are not going to use good hot rod material and it is just lying aroud, thats different....Whatch got?

Maybe you could trade some labor and some cash or somthing. Old wood on cabin interiors is freakin' awsome. I feel your pain.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh I got a lot of "projects" laying around. The 54 chev is a 2 dr 210 with a 6, 3 on the tree, standard stuff. all there, original unrestored (but needs it badly)

51 f-1 ford pickup with a flat head v-8, rough but all there, 54 ford f-1 with a flat 6, rough but all there.

64 ford galaxie 500 xl, 2 dr ht, 390 with toploader 4 speed... again, rough but all there.... and probably some other stuff that I've forgot about for the moment....

I'm in scrimp mode... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but my fuel tank is empty.... tough spot.

We'll get by though.

smile

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Are you going to restore them or looking to lose them? I have a few myself. A 55' Ford F-100 with a 351w/c-6 that is nearly finished, and a 64 F-100 that really wants to be finished. I want to put a 390 with a 4 speed in there. Should really fly with that baby in it. I have a 460 for it but it has a hole in the side of it....opps.

I might know a guy or two if you really are looking to sell. My pa is a huge Ford guy and a sucker for flat heads.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, blue oval guy here too.

The flatty was stuck, I completely filled it through every hole including the cab with desil fuel well over a year ago & haven't tried cracking it loose since.

not really looking to sell I guess but this stuff will sit around for ever before I get a chance to do anything with it.

I got a 460 from a mid/early 70's lincoln laying around with a C-6 behind it. good hot rod stuff i suppose.
I have a 1970 F-250 with 360 & a 4 speed, 4wd (my plow truck)

and a 77 f-150 4x4 with a 351M & a c-6. (for fun)

I can't sell the 64 galaxy with the 390/toploader combo, that's just too bad ass. but the 2 old trucks & the 54 2 dr chev.. they could go I suppose. The trucks are no prizes (most that old aren't)

I have a shop & do body/paint & restorations on the side (or I'm supposed to)

this cabin project has put my shop work on hold.

I've been doing a 68 dodge coronett for a couple years now, total gut job, new sheemetal everywhere.. what a job. But it's been on hold for too long. The owner probably wants to kill me.

no damn time.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pa does paint and body work too. He just finished a shop this spring 35x50 I think. He lives in Duluth. If you are looking to part with the 460, I may be interested. Although it may not be until spring now. Lay off's coming soon...need to save now.

The 64 is a cool ride. I(we) will do a gut job on the 64 F-100 when I get around to it. Most likly next winter. I should have done that on the '55 as way more parts are available after market for that. Oh well live and learn I guess.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
cool, we got a lot in common then. I sent a PM.

still need some ideas on a gun rack guys... for inside the shack... for me, it should almost be a shrine, a showcase, a conversation piece, a gathering place... draws curiosity....

that being said, it doesn't have to be pretty, that's not what I mean. just gotta be cool, gotta have charactor, room to hang hunting photo's & stuff on... charator...

anybody know what I'm talking about? anybody have pictures of there camp gun racks?

Dave

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Large white tail antlers make the best gun racks In my opinion.

Phil

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

There's some really good lookin' deer camp cabins being posted here... looks like they'll be stayin' cozy and warm this Buck Season, eh? smile

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I sure hope so Ron, I was out there last night "decorating"

I took some antlers out there, a european mount, a red fox nose hanger hide.. a clock, some stuff to hang on the walls..

My buddy gave me an American flag that he had folded up in his garage. he said "it's kinda big but I thought maybe you'd like it beings you were a marine & all"

We got out there & I unfolded it, it's a 5'x8' heavy cloth flag, a real beauty!! I hung it on a wall in the cabin, it looks great.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't have any pictures...but do you want to have them but end down, or hang them horizontal? Could be done fairly quick as it seems you are pretty handy. Maybe somthing like a book case. Have a board on the bottom with notches or slots cut for the stocks to rest in, and somewhere on the barrel have wooden dowels to keep them from sliding. Above that maybe a small shelf for ammo and cleaning supplies. Atatch it to the wall or make a case above it to hang photos or racks or somthing cool.

The big flag on the wall is cool in any shack, military or not I think it should be in any camp. Slick move.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How do I check my pm. I looke in my list and the one you sent did not show up.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hmm, I'll try re-sending.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hello all!
Just thought I would post here because Dave and I share something in common. You see, I lost my best friend too. It happens to be the very same best friend that Dave lost. Dave and I knew each other a little from different encounters over the years through his cousin and I always thought Dave was a unique individual but I never knew how truly talented and gifted he is until we got to know each other better due to these tragic circumstances. The boy that he speaks of happens to be my God Son and is a wonderful kid who has a passion for the outdoors like you wouldn't believe due to his fathers guidance over the past 16 years. He is also a good little football player. I went to his homecoming game last night, he started and they won by 64 points! Anyway I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dave from the bottom of my heart for what he is doing and the sacrifces he is making to ensure this boy will be part of a strong family tradition that goes well beyond deer hunting. The bonds and the values this deer camp will create will last a lifetime in the heart of our friends child and will be sure to carry on.
So Dave....Thank You! You are truly a great great man.

Now about this gun rack. Hmmmm....I might have to put my thinking cap on but off the top of my head I'm thinking one built into the wall so when the doors are closed they are almost flush. Doors....like old rustic barn doors or something. The guns hang horizontal so you can see and admire the detail of them. Email me and we can throw a few ideas around.
Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Rooster,

I like the barn doors. That would add some character for sure. If I were to build a rack, too would have them horizontal. Then if you clean them, or there is moisture in them it will not run into the action. Maybe the doors could have plexi glass on them for all to see.

Page 8 of 1,842 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.