Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration have created this deceptively simple yet highly effective data visualisation showing monthly global temperatures between 1880-2021. From their Scientific Visualization Studio.

NASA Data Visualization Global Temperature Changes

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/4975

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
For some added context, why don't you extend that chart back to the end of the last ice age?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
based on "estimated" surface temps.........whos' to say their estimations are accurate? Let me guess, they are accurate + - 1* celcius....

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they had data from the last two thousand years it would be only a blip in time and not enough to draw a conclusion as to whether or not the temperature is changing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The problem is that NOAA has systematically adjusted historical temperatures down. This makes current temperatures appear higher in relation to the adjusted history and allows these agencies to claim that "20xx is the hottest year on record."

They claim the adjusted temperatures are more accurate for a wide variety of reasons, including heat islands, bad thermometers etc. I'm skeptical of this adjustment of prior historical temperatures. I think government agencies have a lot of incentive to show a warming trend in their data due to the politics of people running the government.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The climate has always changed. What did we do to cause the demise of the last ice age?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
NASA - created this deceptively simple

Operative word "deceptively" for simple morons like you. What part of consensus isn't science" your pointy head has issues with? There is ZERO, ZERO scientiic evidence to MAN MADE warming of the earth's atmosphere...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
GIGO

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
NOAA and NASA too for that matter...if you know nothing about meteorology and climatology (is that a relatively new term?), and I certainly don't...even the simplest intellect can follow the money. By emphasizing an ongoing crisis, annual budgets and study grants are increased... the more paranoia and fear that can be generated, the more money you get. As a layman, I can observe one simple fact, NOAA can't predict surface weather with any accuracy longer than 3 days out...but they want us to believe they can predict ocean and atmospheric events years in advance?
NASA has pretty well put itself out of the space business with an unbroken string of cost overruns and outright failures...so now they are transitioning to piggyback on climate monitoring to keep the bureaucracy well porked. Rocky will put a contract out on my ass for saying this, but the fact remains, NASA's last manned trip was in 2011 with 4 guys for 1 day...epic success, eh? An independent cost/benefit analysis would reveal just how bad it is. Oh well, we can always buy tickets from the Russian transit authority.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like a perfectly normal fluctuation to me.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Would love to review the data used to create that and see how it was manipulated to produce the desired effect.

Everything about climate change is utter BS. Nothing more than social engineering to redistribute wealth. If there was any validity to it clima-nazis would be screaming about China and India - but they get a pass. They would also be willing to promote nuclear power the cleanest option there is.

In the mid 70's they were preaching doom and gloom about impending ice ages because of jet contrails. Follow the money.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Canadian ""LEFTY""

LOL

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
GIGO

Yep. Statistical modeling takes data (good or bad) manipulates it based on relevancy, impact, and especially the desired outcome. Change one metric and the entire model produces a different outcome. None of the models undergo independent third party validation.

When ANY of these models are tasked predicting the future global temperatures, they all fail to accurately match the current model, data and trend. When there was a 16 year period with a zero trend the climate fanatics began developing a host of new theories as to where all the global temperatures went. When that didn't pass the laugh test, they decided it was just easier to "recalculate" the temperature data to show a steady and undeniably upward trend.

This isn't science, this is propaganda.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
LOL! We all gonna die!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's interesting how the melting covers these in ice...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...arthed-from-greenland-glacier-180970141/

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So . . .1 C increase in 141 years.

Does NASA understand what precession is and it's a 20,000 year cycle - last ice age was something like 11,000 years ago.

Precession is the "wobble" of the Earth's rotation on it's axis - same when a spinning top starts to wobble when it slows down (Earht rotates slower now than it used to).

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've a great idea,,, Maybe the GOV'T can charge citizens/Corporations and anybody with some change in their pocket, ??maybe, carbon tax?? pollution TAX??

Since all people/corporations worldwide cause pollution, maybe a one world government would be better for us all,, am I right- am I right??? Lets do this thing !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Scott Neigh folks.

Here ya go, learn all about him.
Here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by high_country_
It's interesting how the melting covers these in ice...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...arthed-from-greenland-glacier-180970141/

300’+ of ice in 80 years ! At that rate of “melting” the world is doomed !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Scott Neigh folks.

Here ya go, learn all about him.
Here.

Doesn't even have the decorum to wear a pocket T shirt...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,729
Posts18,514,326
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.