Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You were right...

Thanks for the push on the Freedom Arms, this thing is ridiculous!

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It’s just something that can’t be explained, it has to be felt.

Any pics?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tide you know as well as we do being a rimfire junkie is something one needs not explain nor apologize for….

We accumulate one after another but every once in a while I’ll add one to the stash that makes me wonder why so may others before this one???

The FA was one of those for me. Just a ridiculous sweet gun that frankly is well worth the price once you have it in your hands

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by robertham1
It’s just something that can’t be explained, it has to be felt.

It's true, as soon as I picked it up, I was impressed. One friend who was there when I took it out of the box saw the receipt and commented that I must be crazy to spend what I did for it.

After holding it, cocking it, and then trying the trigger, he commented that the cost wasn't just justified, but was maybe even cheap for the craftsmanship.

The guys that work in the shop I had it sent to couldn't stop talking about it.

I won't be surprised if a few fellas I shoot with end up owning their own before long.

I'll get some pics together and post them up. I've got one more rifle to pick up and I'll have the "old school tactical" theme complete.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Tide you know as well as we do being a rimfire junkie is something one needs not explain nor apologize for….

We accumulate one after another but every once in a while I’ll add one to the stash that makes me wonder why so may others before this one???

The FA was one of those for me. Just a ridiculous sweet gun that frankly is well worth the price once you have it in your hands

That was one of my first thoughts...I can't believe I haven't owned one of these before now.

A good friend that I infected with the rimfire sickness has said so many times that he can't believe he never really paid attention to rimfires until after he turned 50. He went to a local match with me and wouldn't even shoot one of my rifles in the match. On the way home, we stopped at the range and shot some. I had a bunch of rimfires and he brought a JP .308 and a Tikka TAC A1 in 6.5 Creed. Both are awesome rifles...and both are really loud. He'd been working on loads and the ones he tried that day weren't that great.

He was frustrated and I let him shoot several of my favorites, Vudoo's, Anschutz 1727F Trainer, Anschutz 1712 MeisterGrade, and a KIDD Classic.

He was texting me the next day asking about the 1727 Trainer. 3 weeks later, he had his own.

A month later, he had a KIDD Supergrade.

About a month later, I got my first look at a Bergara B14 and mentioned that I was impressed with it. Two days later, he bought the carbon barreled one.

A few months later, he had his own 1712.

Now, he's had 2 Rim-X rifles built as well as a Vudoo 360.

None of that even mentions the glass sitting on each of them, either S&B, Nightforce, or Kahles.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I can’t wait to get my 97. After finally buying a FA 83 .454 Casull I can’t believe I waited so long. It is the finest factory gun I have ever owned and shot and rivals many of the custom guns I have. I have never held or even seen a Model 97 in my area but from all the reports I do not think I will be disappointed

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pacecars
I can’t wait to get my 97. After finally buying a FA 83 .454 Casull I can’t believe I waited so long. It is the finest factory gun I have ever owned and shot and rivals many of the custom guns I have. I have never held or even seen a Model 97 in my area but from all the reports I do not think I will be disappointed

They really are as good as described.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but mine has impressed me enough to actually test different loads in it.

Normally, I don't do that with handguns because I don't shoot them that well.

Consequently, I don't shoot them that often.

Maybe if I shot them more, I'd shoot them better...

I found it interesting that Steve from SMJSports said they're no different than any other rimfire. He mentioned that a relative has a FA 97 with a match cylinder that shoots high-velocity ammo the best while another with a standard cylinder prefers standard velocity match ammo.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
They really are the best out there. I had always wanted one even before I got to handle one. I went to visit a friend one day and dig through his safes and look at all his custom rifles and 1911s. As he was handing me guns low and behold he pulled out a 4 1/4” 97 22 that was still new in the box and had a hang tag on it with a great price. I asked him if it was one he had just picked up or if he was selling it and he said he was gonna take it to the next gun show to put on his table to try and sell. Well needless to say it never made it back into his safe that day and definitely not to the gun show. He even had 2 FA leather holsters for it that he threw in too. Definitely no regrets in picking that one up. I’m on the waiting list with Rob Rowen for a set of grips for it now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Jmbrown; 03/18/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,508
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.