I recently bought one of these at Academy sporting goods and here are my impressions.Fit and finish are suprisingly good for a $399 shotgun.Better than the mossberg i saw at wal mart imo.Gun is lightweight and has an alloy reciever.The reciever is i assume an aluminum alloy although it is slightly magnetic.I was gonna weigh the shotgun but wouldnt you know it the batteries were dead in my fish scale. Probably weighs in the little over 6 pound range.This thing kicks like the devil and the heaviest loads i was able to tolerate were 3 1/4 1 1/8 ounce loads. It has the barrel selector built into the safety like most O/U's.Also has selective automatic ejectors and ejects the empties perfectly together.Comes with five rather short choke tubes that run from cylinder to full choke.These choke tubes are not interchangeable with any other and are available from Briley which also does the warranty work on these shotguns.This is my first O/U and i intend to take it squirrel hunting soon.My impression is that for occasional use and not for thousands of rounds of shells this is a very good shotgun.For hunting over dogs and shooting light loads it should be an upland hunting dream. This gun is only available at Academy sporting goods and is also available in 20 gauge.