Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Finally made it out fishing today. It was cold and dreary out. The water was really cold, I didn't have a thermometer. Anyway, I had one follow. Looked to be less than 30 inches long. I was using a 1 ounce weedless daredavle in crackle frog color.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Cold water.......Glide baits fished slow or rubber.

Keep at it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Ky…. Good point. Up here when the water turns cold they tend to slow way down. Still eat but slow down. Guys up here go to live bait quite often in the real cold water.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I might try a rubber lizard. They are the biggest rubber bait I have

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Osky
Ky…. Good point. Up here when the water turns cold they tend to slow way down. Still eat but slow down. Guys up here go to live bait quite often in the real cold water.

Osky

We don't have a closed season here in Ky, so we fish year year round. For the dead of winter I've not seen anything beat a bulldawg or Medusa style bait or a 6-9" glider fished slow. I've never fished live bait so no comment there but I'm sure it would work fine.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I might try a rubber lizard. They are the biggest rubber bait I have

Head over to team rhino outdoors and grab you a Mini Medusa and a 6" Phantom Softail in the color of your choosing.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Ky221

Osky

We don't have a closed season here in Ky, so we fish year year round. For the dead of winter I've not seen anything beat a bulldawg or Medusa style bait or a 6-9" glider fished slow. I've never fished live bait so no comment there but I'm sure it would work fine.

Ky221,

Could you post pictures o those baits?

Doc

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sure can.

Top to bottom.....Whale Tail, Phantom Softtail, Bulldawg, Medusa. These are some of my favorite cold water baits but I use them year round also.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Ky221

Osky

Our musky season opens in MN around June 1 so the waters are warming and the musky are coming off the spawn and moving pretty good. Late fall going to ice up water temps are way down and they get lethargic and the prime bait is up to a 2lb sucker if you can get them. Dangling free on a hook set up suckers are hard for musky to resist.

In between lures are the go to of course, and some still chase right up to ice over.
If you google search “musky unicorn Mille lacs lake” or that combination of words you will see a real beauty coming out of what has become a terrific musky lake here. Sorry I haven’t figured out the whole linking process here.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for posting......dang big baits.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Thanks for posting......dang big baits.

Ah, those aren't too bad. Sometimes I go smaller, sometimes bigger but those sizes above are right in the middle and seem to always work year round.

There's a large assortment of sizes and styles. I have tackle stuck everywhere. In the garage, in the boat, etc but it all pretty much mirrors what you see hanging here.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
An angler in West Virginia has caught a record-breaking muskie at Burnsville Lake, with a catch weighing in at 51 pounds and just over 55 inches. New state record
Google for photos

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hey howdy that’s a dandy! Congratulations to that fellow.

Osky

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1beaver_shooter, 270cowboy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 50 invisible), 1,689 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,125
Posts18,523,041
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.