Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well it finally happened to me after many good dealings on the fire I got scammed. We agreed on a deal for a cz 527 I sent payment in form of a bank check after receiving it he decided he did not like that payment wanted only usps money order and was quite adamant about that, said he does not deposit any checks into his savings or checking account I thought that was a little weird but to each his own paranoia , I told him about the new requirements for obtaining a usps money order and sent him a copy of thread https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...975740/the-death-of-the-usps-money-order , I said to send the check back as I could not void it as it was basically a money order (written on the banks Account). He said he would send it back. that was on the 1st of march. That was the last communication I have hade with him and no check in mail. I sent him numerous emails and messages and tried calling with no response. He was last seen on here on the 3rd of march. His phone and emails are no longer in service.

In hindsight looking into his posts they are all just quick simple post to get his numbers up I think. I will post his name and info below. If by some chance I am wrong and someone here knows him and or something has happened to him let me know, but for now BUYERS BEWARE

His info is -
Eric Vorderstrasse
3324 North 162nd CT Apt 203
Omaha, NE 68116.

May you always strive to be as good as your dog thinks you are
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Was the check cashed?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
it was not but I have not checked with bank in past week. I am still out the money and no communication from seller with email and phone no longer working.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
That really sucks. What is your recourse on a bank check? I've sold some guns using this manner of payment and haven't been burned. Can you stop payment and request to be reimbursed? Guess I'm showing my ignorance on that process here.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If it hasn't been cashed or deposited, contact your bank and stop payment, like ASAP

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If he used a bank money order, cashiers check, or other type bank draft, I don’t believe a stop payment can be made. That is one of the things that keep buyers from scamming the seller. I might be wrong and laws may differ from state to state.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Isn't this the same guy a month ago going by elephantrider who scammed somebody on here.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If I lived nearby I would drive over and check the address and even stop in to the local PD.
Hope you get it worked out, nothing worse than liars and theives.

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Got the check cancelled. at least im only out the 20.00 fee. Hope this saves someone else the hassle of dealing with this guy.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He was on here 18 minutes ago, so maybe a rebutal is forthcoming??????????

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 44automag
Well it finally happened to me after many good dealings on the fire I got scammed. We agreed on a deal for a cz 527 I sent payment in form of a bank check after receiving it he decided he did not like that payment wanted only usps money order and was quite adamant about that, said he does not deposit any checks into his savings or checking account I thought that was a little weird but to each his own paranoia , I told him about the new requirements for obtaining a usps money order and sent him a copy of thread https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...975740/the-death-of-the-usps-money-order , I said to send the check back as I could not void it as it was basically a money order (written on the banks Account). He said he would send it back. that was on the 1st of march. That was the last communication I have hade with him and no check in mail. I sent him numerous emails and messages and tried calling with no response. He was last seen on here on the 3rd of march. His phone and emails are no longer in service.

In hindsight looking into his posts they are all just quick simple post to get his numbers up I think. I will post his name and info below. If by some chance I am wrong and someone here knows him and or something has happened to him let me know, but for now BUYERS BEWARE

His info is -
Eric Vorderstrasse
3324 North 162nd CT Apt 203
Omaha, NE 68116.

There aren't new requirements for USPS money orders unless you're buying more than $3000 in one day from the same PO. The original poster's PO in the thread you linked wasn't following their own rules. Hopefully this guy didn't scam you all the same

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Glad to hear you were able to cancel the check and not lose everything. I've always thought the certified bank check did have some level of security to it compared to a money order or such.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Isn't this the same guy a month ago going by elephantrider who scammed somebody on here.

I had a want to buy add and he contacted me offering a deal that was too good to be true. Did some investigating and found he's a convicted sex offender out of Florida. Made a post in the Campfire section about it. I haven't heard of someone getting taken by him and hope that's not the case.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Who was the genius who was recommending newbies to post a bunch of one-liners to get the mininum post count for PMs?

Medics bury their mistakes..
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
If you post a WANTED TO BUY ad, you damn well better do your due diligence before sending money. WTB ads are a magnet for a scammer to contact you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dinny
Who was the genius who was recommending newbies to post a bunch of one-liners to get the mininum post count for PMs?

I agree. I'd suggest anyone doing business on this forum research post history. If someone is posting one liners just to get their count up for PM's, avoid them like the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bob beat me to the punch............there are no new anything in the way of requirements for purchasing postal money orders. The $3000 limit has been there for a long time.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Did you talk to the guy on the phone?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I texted him a half dozen times then he said he dropped his phone in the kids pool. no phone since then

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (1beaver_shooter, 257wthbylover, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,605
Posts18,492,325
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.