Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
I wanted to help my aging eyes shoot my Glock 43X better. More specific, I wanted to be able to pick out and focus on the front sight better. I bought the Trijicon fiber sights for the small frame glocks, Model number GL713-C601029. As soon as I compared it to the factory sight, I could tell it is a little taller. I went ahead and installed it, hoping the difference was small enough that it would not affect my shooting. Wrong. I shoot way low now.

I have always shot with my front sight disscecting the target in the middle and I don't want to change that. Any suggestions?

Thanks

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
If you installed the rear sight - you should be good, as the rear sight is taller than the stock rear.

If you’re running just the front - yes, it will shoot low. You need both.

It sounds like you are shooting off of the top of the sight post?

Most fiber optic sight sets are meant to line up the fiber optic dots - the sight post and the rear notch should also align, but that isn’t always spot on.

I have the “aged” eyes now - and had to retrain a bit to using the dot - over using the top of the front post, as I can “see” the dot clearer now than the top of the post. I use the Trijicon night sight “dots” in orange or yellow. I can run the white but the contrasting color works better for me.

Last edited by AH64guy; 03/24/22.
D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
That is what my problem is then. I did not replace the factory rear sight. I kept the factory 'goal post' because I kinda like that. Also, the rear sight that came with the Trijicon doesn't have any dots. All it has are serrations. I thought that by keeping the factory rear sight I was having the best of both worlds.

Not sure what I'm gonna do, but thanks for helping me figure it out.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by deputy30
That is what my problem is then. I did not replace the factory rear sight. I kept the factory 'goal post' because I kinda like that. Also, the rear sight that came with the Trijicon doesn't have any dots. All it has are serrations. I thought that by keeping the factory rear sight I was having the best of both worlds.

Not sure what I'm gonna do, but thanks for helping me figure it out.

Try that plain black sight in low-light conditions. You may be surprised at how well it works.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you planned on keeping that plastic rear sight, don't. Glock sells a gun for self defense, combat, rough duty use and then puts plastic sights that are nothing more than cheap slot fillers as stock issue on the gun. They should be kicked in the balls for that.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
File down front sight with jewlers file or similar.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
A fiber optic? The light pipe on mine would not like that.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Google front sight calculators. You will enter in what size you currently have, distance you are shooting, and where you are hitting and it will tell you what you need to get to fix the issue.

A
A
Here is a front sight height calculator on Dawson Precision's page. To give you an idea how little change in height it takes to affect POI, he sells sight blades in .005" increments.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-calculator/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JBGun1010
Google front sight calculators. You will enter in what size you currently have, distance you are shooting, and where you are hitting and it will tell you what you need to get to fix the issue.

I would not trust Google with the words gun sight.. Youwll probably get Alyssa Milano reporting a kid with a bb gun as an active shooter sighting..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.