Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Kmox Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
If you had the opportunity to purchase just one to shoot for fun and hunt squirrels which would you choose? Also thoughts on future value increase. I have wanted a Cooper .22 for years but also like the vudoo sporter models.

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Here was my choice
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Man that’s a tough call to make for somebody else..

About all I can say is get both. That’s what I did

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
K
Kmox Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by pacecars
Here was my choice
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Solid choice!

K
Kmox Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Well…. I do have two sons.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Tough decision to make. I did same as Cert and have both.

Think if I had to make that decision I would go Vudoo. Reason being there are lots of options available so you can get exactly what your after.

K
Kmox Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by hitman
Tough decision to make. I did same as Cert and have both.

Think if I had to make that decision I would go Vudoo. Reason being there are lots of options available so you can get exactly what your after.

Thanks! Both are hard to find. I passed on several coopers at gun shows years ago cause they were “expensive”. Geez!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It really comes down to your most desired attributes, your individual taste. Want exhibition grade walnut? Go Cooper. Is the availability of reasonably priced magazines important? Buy a Vudoo. The quality and pride of ownership is a given w/ either choice.
Vudoo’s aren’t hard to acquire, outside of the expense- just call, order, and wait.
One last thought- my Vudoo is my most expensive firearm purchase, by about 3x. I don’t care because it was worth every penny!

Most of all he loved the fall
The leaves yellow on the cottonwoods
Leaves floating on the trout steams and above the hills
The high blue windless skies
Now he will be part of them, forever
- Earnest Hemingway, Idaho- 1939
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have several Anschutz target rifles as well as a Vudoo. Honestly the rifle I don't go to the range without is the Vudoo. You just can't beat the accuracy, trigger, and feel. Coopers are pretty guns but I'd take a Vudoo. The only issue with mine is Eley gets FTF light strikes. Its chamber is cut for Lapua and works the best with it. I routinely shoot mine out to 200 yards and have reached out to 400. Don't get me wrong I love pretty guns. I have a full custom BAT machine in 20VT that Canyon Creek did the stock.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a few Coopers (left out of many owned) in the safe and 2 Vudoos on order.

Cooper's customer service is great and their product is excellent. I used their customer service to get a stock cutoff and inletted sling swivels added and to purchase extra parts. I do not purchase Cooper rifles new as they are plentiful in the used market and, as such, their price is a good bit less than a new one. Standard grade wood is good, the inletting is excellent, and the rifles have performed without problems for 20+ years. I do not like their synthetic stock as it seemed a bit slippery to me however, that slippery feeling may just be due to my advanced age as my hands seem to be dry and slick most of the time. The only synthetic rifle of theirs I owned was the Jackson Hunter model. I do like the stock and own a wood version of it now.

I ordered the Vudoo rifles this past December and they were great to deal with ( I spoke with a lady named Jill who was most helpful). All reports seemed to indicate the were of excellent quality and what has been said above just reaffirms that.

As to future value increase: Cooper rifles are not going down in price and, from what I have been told, they have had a current price increase. I have seen that in the used markets as values there are creeping up too. Vudoo rifles are not plentiful in the market place and the used prices seem to mirror new prices and I expect that to continue for a good while. Demand for both is good.

I would suggest you purchase the one that has the most features/options you want for the task you are wanting to apply it to. I believe either will perform very well.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

The answer is obvious, get all three... Vudoo, Cooper, and Annie 54

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I really enjoy my Cooper Jackson Squirrel. It’s one of the only wood stocked rifles I have and it makes me want more. The rifle feels great and shoots very well.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by m1919

……..and Remington 40X & 37, Winchester 52, and Mauser 350, Kimber 82s, and a hosts of other very accurate .22s😁.

I prefer wood to synthetic in most instances but accuracy trumps all so it really comes down to what trips your trigger - literally!

PennDog

K
Kmox Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by m1919

……..and Remington 40X & 37, Winchester 52, and Mauser 350, Kimber 82s, and a hosts of other very accurate .22s😁.

I prefer wood to synthetic in most instances but accuracy trumps all so it really comes down to what trips your trigger - literally!

PennDog

Well, I have a couple Kimber 82s, none of the others so I better get busy! I did see a anschutz 1422 deluxe recently that caught my eye. It’s hard to stay on task with so many options.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Kmox
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Well…. I do have two sons.

You can justify about any gun purchase when you have sons, heck, I walked in a store and found a pair of old school Winchester model 63s. Both mine have one now....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Accuracy wise the Vudoo receiver needs blueprinting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can’t believe The twigster hasn’t chimed in on this one with appropriate River drenched rifle pics .
I would love to own either but not going to happen anytime soon.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
One itch I haven't scratched is a Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle ...

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Accuracy wise the Vudoo receiver needs blueprinting.

Why does the vudoo need it and not the others?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Can’t believe The twigster hasn’t chimed in on this one with appropriate River drenched rifle pics .
I would love to own either but not going to happen anytime soon.

He gonna live in your head for life....just like Trump will live in the head of liberal fk'tards for life laugh

Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.