Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
I'm loading 41.5 gr of H4350 with a 100 gr NPT in a 22" x-bolt. Can anybody tell me what approx speed I should be getting? I like the load but I have no access to a chrony and I would like to get a turret done up for it.

Thanks

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Fps, give or take a little is 3050 fps. Rio7

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Nowhere to shoot actual drops either?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman

Common sense if no chronograph available.

Originally Posted by RIO7

Fps, give or take a little is 3050 fps. Rio7

2900-2950 out of a 22” tube.

Swifty
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K

Not past a couple hundred.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This doesn't seem like a well thought out plan.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Killzone

Perfect just zero your rifle for 200 and call it a day. If you don’t have a place to shot past a couple of hundred yards you don’t need a different turret.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

The country is full of them. What all do I need to buy to shoot deer out to 600 yards. They will be more than happy to cut a check for whatever they need to buy. They will not learn anything about the gun will not practice but will pay a lot of money. Yea this rubs me the wrong way because I run into it all the time. It’s normally from the same people who send their kid to a hitting coach pitching coach and personal trainer. They play league ball and travel ball. They have the kid practice ball 24/7 but just want to know what they need to buy to kill deer a long way off. Not everything hunting related can be accomplished with a check. Sometimes you have to actually do things. Then learn from mistakes and get better.

Last edited by Kaleb; 04/09/22.

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K

Huh? WTF are you talking about? Honestly if my original simple question is too deep for you please just fck off and go watch The Masters.

Thanks tho.
Originally Posted by Kaleb

Perfect just zero your rifle for 200 and call it a day. If you don’t have a place to shot past a couple of hundred yards you don’t need a different turret.

I deer hunt 200 miles away on the Manitoba/Sask border where you can pretty much shoot as far a comfortable. My comfort level is way past 200 yds thanks but again, not looking for advice just a simple answer to a simple question.

Wow I forgot what a piss hole of internet cowboys this site has become.

Thanks to those who actually answered my question!

Last edited by Killzone; 04/09/22.
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K

The country is full of them. What all do I need to buy to shoot deer out to 600 yards. They will be more than happy to cut a check for whatever they need to buy. They will not learn anything about the gun will not practice but will pay a lot of money. Yea this rubs me the wrong way because I run into it all the time. It’s normally from the same people who send their kid to a hitting coach pitching coach and personal trainer. They play league ball and travel ball. They have the kid practice ball 24/7 but just want to know what they need to buy to kill deer a long way off. Not everything hunting related can be accomplished with a check. Sometimes you have to actually do things. Then learn from mistakes and get better.

Wanna compare pictures Kaleb? You have no clue about who or what I am. Why vomit up your opinion?

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
If you had a clue shooting way past 200 you would know you can’t ask a velocity question on the internet order a handy turret and travel 200 miles away and start blasting away accurately. Get upset all you want but it’s the truth.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you can't see the logic behind my comment then it's not me having trouble with the depth of the question.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Wanna compare pictures Kaleb? You have no clue about who or what I am. Why vomit up your opinion?

Pictures of what(our chronographs)? If you don’t know the velocity of your rounds don’t practice and depend on a Internet forum to give you the information to order a handy dandy turret then I know plenty about you. No offense intended just go shoot your gun.

Last edited by Kaleb; 04/09/22.

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K

Pictures of what(our chronographs)? If you don’t know the velocity of your rounds don’t practice and depend on a Internet forum to give you the information to order a handy dandy turret then I know plenty about you. No offense intended just go shoot your gun.

I don't know why I'm feeding internet cowboys here. For the record, I'm 64 yrs old and basically done nothing but hunt/guide for about 50 of those years. I have shot many many many thousands of rounds out of dozens of rifles in many different calibers. You are not talking to somebody who just came home with a new gun from Cabelas. Your opinions and uninvited advice were not a part of my simple question.

I'm out.

Last edited by Killzone; 04/09/22.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Then it should be clear to you why building a turret off of someone else's guess isn't a well thought out plan.

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Then it should be clear to you why building a turret off of someone else's guess isn't a well thought out plan.

I do get that, thanks. My "plan" is to get some honest real life numbers from ppl who have them. Hopefully there will be a pattern to them and then I'll order the turret. Of course I will confirm the accuracy of the turret when I get a chance and if it doesnt jive I'll eat the cost and my life will go on.

End of story.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
How does someone become that age and not only not have a chronograph but not have a friend with one?

Keep being rude and I will understand.

K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
How does someone form opinions and make judgements about somebody they know nothing about? What part of my simple question did you not understand? I don’t remember asking for advice yet you seem determined to give it.

Go away!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How does someone form opinions and make judgements about somebody they know nothing about? What part of my simple question did you not understand? I don’t remember asking for advice yet you seem determined to give it.

Go away!

Don’t get pissy. Now to be clear, I have used a 243 with 100 gr. bullets for about 30 years. Max velocity I ever got with a 22” barrel using 4831 was 2970. Book says max 2973 @ 40 grs. & 24” tube. You are 1.5 over, 2” of barrel shorter so if that 1.5 made up for 2” inches of barrel depending on chamber, throat etc. you should be about what I said before. Zero dead on at 100 then hold dead on at 200 and see how far it drops figure from there, not perfect but close.

Swifty
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Thanks swifty but I was asking about 4350 not 4831. Appreciate the reply tho.

I’m generally not a pissy person but when somebody who knows nothing about me starts insinuating that I don’t “have a clue” it kinda rubs me the wrong way. 🤷‍♂️ Read his posts….

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,900
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.