Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
And now the new Rigby company is (delightedly I am sure) actually marking rifles with .275 Rigby, and making headstamped ammo!

A friend of mine bought some of the 275 Rigby ammo. The brass was stamped Hornady 7x57.

I got the box for the collection. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s a laugher since Hornady sells cases headstamped 275 Rigby. 🤣🤣🤣

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pugs
It's been a great thread full of the esoterica that makes this such a fun hobby. Indeed, these nomenclatures should never change!

Can someone help me with my old Model 70? It's just a "super .30" but the barrel stamp seems to leave me some options. grin

Sure. I think it should be called a .300 Ouch & Ouch.
wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It's been a great thread full of the esoterica that makes this such a fun hobby. Indeed, these nomenclatures should never change!

Can someone help me with my old Model 70? It's just a "super .30" but the barrel stamp seems to leave me some options. grin

What is the mfg date of your rifle ? 300 WinMag was introduced in 1963. But you already knew that. Looks like a nice rifle.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by shaman
If Bruce Jenner can wear a dress, and call himself a woman, I should at least be able to name my deer rifles what I want.

It's hard to argue with that.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster

What is the mfg date of your rifle ? 300 WinMag was introduced in 1963. But you already knew that. Looks like a nice rifle.

1949 Model 70 Super Grade.

Ergo .300 Magnum (when there were no other .30 Magnums) = Super Thirty (H&H's original name) = .300 H&H Magnum take your choice. grin

These days hardly a magnum - a .30-06 plus a couple hundred FPS so nice to shoot.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I do like my Rem 721, it's stamped 300 H&H Mag.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My personal take on this is that one should be able to call their firearms what they want.

I call my 30-06s "Thirty Briar Light Magnum", unless I really want to put on airs in which case, I refer to them as "Seven-Six-Two by Sixty-three"
I call my 25-06 a "Twenty-five Niedner"
I'm thinking of calling my 7mm-08 a "Two-Seventy-Five Rigby- Ought Eight"

If Bruce Jenner can wear a dress, and call himself a woman, I should at least be able to name my deer rifles what I want.

Classic Panache

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have 275 Rigby, but the barrel is stamped 7 x 57, and a Springfield that is
marked 30-06 , I think that is more interesting and "Safari" like.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Like this? smile

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Like this? smile

Or like this... smile.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

......... or like this one. smile

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Like this? smile

Yup!

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup!

Those are nice rifles and a bit hard to find in unmolested condition.

Mine came to me with a BDL stock (with checkering) but is not marked BDL beside the Model 721 marking on the receiver which was the norm. Might have been a factory boo boo.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mine is marked just like yours. Other than a Decelerator pad, missing rear sight, and an extra sling stud hole in the forend it's in very nice condition.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby
.275 Rigby

Got a headache yet? laugh

This thread has shown me that evidently my life has a lot less stress, than evidently other folks have in theirs....

I don't know about others... but as long as I have the case, that goes in the rifle I have in that caliber, then I am fine...

I only have to worry about not confusing me.... everyone else can take care of their own CRAP, they are stressing over needlessly...

I think I'll go out in the gare-age, and load some 275 Rigby for my 7mm Mauser Winchester Model 70... then do some more for the Ruger 7 x 57.

I hope I don't put the wrong ammo, in one of those rifles...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Like this? smile

Yup!

Semper Fi

FJB on the jackass he rode in on.

how about Screw the Jackass, that rode in on Joe Biden?

( that would KamaLamaDingDong Harris, in case ya didn't know),,,,

Addendum....

in regards to the 300 H & H.... I think the coolest looking round I've ever seen or admired, was the 300 H & H, in Nickel Coated Bras.. with a 220 grain Hornady Round Nose bullet.... Talk about Old School Cool... doesn't get any better than that one...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That reminds me, I've got to get some .30 Army ammo loaded.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RevMike

But he still hasta get a prostate exam each year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by RevMike

But he still hasta get a prostate exam each year.

It's funny, but I can't remember the last time I had one. Dad had prostate cancer when he died, so they take a PSA reading every once in a while mine came back last week: 0.74 ng/mL. Above 1.0 you have to have somebody else name your deer rifles.

They were watching Dad's PSA for decades. Finally, just as he turned 75, the doc told him it had slipped up over the line.

"I've got bad news for you, Ralph," said the doc. "You've got prostate cancer, and you're starting to have Alzheimer's."

"Gee doc," replied my dad, without so much as a blink, "I thought you were going to tell this was bad news-- like I had cancer or something."

Mom was there in the room. She confirmed the story. Dad still had his Comic chops at 75.

It turned out he didn't have Alzheimer's. The doc had proscribed a low dose of Valium so Dad could get to sleep better. The next doc weaned him off it, and he was fine. The prostate cancer was treated with a little insert they stuck in his forearm that leaked Estrogen into his system. He'd go in every 6 months and have it replaced.

Funny, but those Estrogen inserts came out about the same time the 6.5 Creedmore became popular. I wonder if there is a connection.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The prostate cancer was treated with a little insert they stuck in his forearm that leaked Estrogen into his system. He'd go in every 6 months and have it replaced.

Funny, but those Estrogen inserts came out about the same time the 6.5 Creedmore became popular. I wonder if there is a connection.

I had two of those inserts over the course of 1 year as part of the treatment for my prostate cancer.

Those things mess you up. I started having hot flashes and mood swings along with all the old buzzards in church who were going through "the change", not to mention ZERO sex drive.

I'd did sell off my magnums and medium bores after that and had a 6CM built. Hmmmm, I wonder if ........ smile

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 3,056 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,621
Posts18,492,714
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.