Page 1 of 2 1 2
HOOKER Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE
Vet cuts down Mexican flag flying above U.S. banner
Took action after hearing of illegal display by Hispanic bar owner in Reno

After hearing a Reno bar was flying a Mexican flag above a U.S. flag, an angered U.S. Army veteran took matters into his own hands, drove to the site and cut down the banners in front of a stunned group of Hispanic patrons.

Reno television station KRNV, which was there to document Jim Broussard's act of defiance, noted the U.S. code prohibits raising the flag of any other nations above Old Glory.

Broussard pulled up in his truck to the Cantina El Jaripeo near downtown Reno yesterday, cut the rope that anchored the flags and pulled them down from a makeshift flagpole.

He left the Mexican flag on the ground and, with the U.S. flag in hand, turned to the KRNV cameraman:

"I'm Jim Broussard," he said, "and I took this flag down in honor of my country with � a knife from the United States Army. I'm a veteran, I'm not going to see this done to my country. If they want to fight us, then they need to be men, and they need to come and fight us. But I want somebody to fight me for this flag. They're not going to get it back."

The KRNV footage shows a Hispanic man, possibly the bar owner, picking up the Mexican flag after Broussard briskly walks past him down the street to his truck.

Later, Broussard, told nationally syndicated talk-radio host Mike Gallagher he took action after hearing on a local talk station that the flags had been flying all day.

"I was immediately infuriated and felt a duty to do something about it," Broussard said. "I feel there's a lot of this turning-our-heads-on-things in concern with the Hispanic community and the things they do. They seem impervious to our laws in a lot of situations."

Broussard, pointing out the bar was committing a federal offense, said local authorities weren't sure what to do about it.

He affirmed Gallagher's comment that many Americans are afraid to speak out on the problem of illegal immigration and lack of assimilation because they are afraid of being called bigots.

Broussard said he had no idea a TV camera would be there until he arrived on the scene.

About a dozen Hispanic men came pouring out of the building when he showed up, according to Broussard.

The men said, Broussard recounted, "What do you think you're doing?"

"I said, well, watch me."

Broussard said he talked to local police after the incident, and they have not taken any action. But Hispanic leaders, he said, "are trying to coerce the bar owner to file charges against me."

The veteran affirmed to Gallagher there are many Hispanics who are equally upset about illegal immigration and the resistance to assimilation.

"We have many cultures who've come here, and they've learned our language, and they respect our culture, because they know America is a great country, and they simply want to be a part of it," he said.

KRNV said it sent a cameraman to the scene after a viewer called to say "a business near downtown Reno was flying a Mexican flag above an American flag ... which is, in fact, illegal."

Video

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6314

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57960

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a bump. I am surprised at the lack of commentary. Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Personally, I'd trade mesicans for democrats.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Be America Strong.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Kudos to Mr. Broussard...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least there is one REAL American man left in America. Horrah!!!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thought I commented, maybe on Kifaru, I'd sure buy him a beer! We should all be like that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy was on Glen Beck tonight. Said he was just fed up with the illegals trampling our laws.

First the border states, now NV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only way the illegal immigrant problem is going to be settled is by the States and vigilante justice unfortunately. The Feds want nothing to do with the illegals.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
He just did what EVERY AMERICAN should be willing to do. He is right there is a federal law referancing the correct use and display of the Flag of the united states Old Glory is never to be flown below the flag of another nation period.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooorah

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it on the news this am and man that guy was worked up and the bar owner and pall's wanted nothing to do with him.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn good job

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Its good to hear of people out there like that, makes me feel proud to still fight for my country and way of life!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We need to make that guy, a member of the Campfire.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Makes me proud....
I'd of done the same dang thing...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heard the story earlier today and stand 110% behind Broussard it infuriates me to see any sign of disrespwct for "Old Glory!"

To many good men have given their all to defend her and this country from all races, religions, and colors to have someone show disrespect to her.

Last edited by W7ACT; 10/04/07.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have gun will travel
Reads the card of a man
A knight without armor
In a savage land.

His fast gun hired
Heeds the calling wind
A soldier of fortune
Is a man called Paladin.

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam
Paladin, Paladin
Far, far from home.

He travels on
To wherever he must
A chess knight of silver
Is his badge of trust.

There are campfire legends
That the plainsmen sing of
A man with the gun
Of the man called Paladin.

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam
Paladin, Paladin
Far, far from home.

Far, far from home
Far, far from home...

Sung by....Faron Young, for you young folks....grin

Not that I am an old guy, but I support the Vet in the original post...."Garyowen"

Last edited by BradArnett; 10/04/07.

[Linked Image]

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Be America Strong.

AMEN.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yep if I'm in the same bar ever with Broussard, his money is no good!

kudos to the man for having a set and showing them!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1badf350, 219DW, 60 invisible), 17,688 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,897
Posts18,538,647
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.