Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
74-Year-Old Golfer Opens Fire on Man Walking Dog on Delray Beach Golf Course, Beats Him with Club

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...y-beach-golf-course-beats-him-with-club/

A 74-year-old golfer lost his mind on Sunday when he saw a man walking his dog on Delray Beach, Florida, golf course, but he didn’t just yell at the guy. Instead, he reportedly broke out a gun and started shooting at him. Then he attacked with a club when he ran out of ammo.

Last edited by steve4102; 04/28/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

So much for golf being a gentleman's game

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was he attacking the man or the dog?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
That'll teach Flave to stop runn'n his mouth...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOLOLOL. Golfers are bigger dickwhistles than bicyclists. I ride my bike past a golf course from time to time and love to blast my music when, fat old guys are putting or teeing off. It's my version of "rolling coal" and it's hilarious.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well both Golfers and Bicyclists wear stupid looking hats, so they got that in common.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sounds like he needs less time at the driving range and more at the pistol range. Practice some shoot and move.

Last edited by MikeL2; 04/28/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from clipartmax.com][Linked Image from palmpressinc.com]

When it comes to the great state of Florida, nothing surprises us anymore. Gators could fly, the Everglades could freeze, and Disney could be cut off from the political teet (OK, that last one actually happened), and we would hardly bat an eye. So great is its capacity for chaos. So long has it reveled in it. And yet we can’t help be shocked by this story out of Delray Beach, where 74-year-old Robert Levine is under arrest for attempted first-degree murder for shooting 64-year-old Herbert Merritt in the ankle after he found Merritt walking his dog along the 15th hole of Kings Point Golf Club just before 7 p.m. on Sunday.

Here’s how it went down according to Merritt.

“Merritt told deputies he was walking his dog on the grass next to the golf course when Levine rode up in his golf cart and … began causing a verbal altercation with him due to having his dog on the golf course … He then began shooting at him while Merritt was running away.

Levine chased Merritt around a tree while continuing to shoot—Merritt said he shot about five rounds at him, according to the report and witnesses … he felt that Levine was trying to kill him.”

According to witnesses, who called the police as the altercation unfolded, the semi-automatic handgun police found in Levine’s front left pocket a short while later wasn’t enough:

“Witnesses told deputies they saw Levine kick Merritt in the head, go back to his cart and get a club and begin beating Merrit with the club while holding the gun in his left hand. Deputies said they found shell casings on the ground and two golf clubs with what appeared to be blood on them.”

Thankfully Merritt survived the ordeal and was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, but clearly this is no laughing matter. You’re not supposed to be walking your dog on an active golf course, but this is a 64-year-old man we're talking about. There were only a few minutes of playable sunlight left. A normal human would let it slide and maybe (and we stress maybe) send an email to the club to keep an eye out for it. Levine pulled out a gun and started blasting.

In a world where there’s seemingly a Flordia Man inside each and every one of us trying to get out, this is proof (and perhaps solace) that there's no substitute for the original.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Paul, I genuinely hope that some golfer sticks a club through your spokes as you pedal away some time. That would be hilarious, too.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give him a break, he had just stepped in goose poop. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
LOLOLOL. Golfers are bigger dickwhistles than bicyclists. I ride my bike past a golf course from time to time and love to blast my music when, fat old guys are putting or teeing off. It's my version of "rolling coal" and it's hilarious.

Ummm, no.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The shooter must not have known that there was a dog leg on the 15th.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
The shooter must not have known that there was a dog leg on the 15th.

And didn't care about Putins ammo shortage

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, some demented guy in a golf cart starts shooting, let’s take a poll.

What would your dogs do?

Mine would be all mouth until the guy opened fire, then they’d be in the next county.... grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
OK, some demented guy in a golf cart starts shooting, let’s take a poll.

What would your dogs do?

Mine would be all mouth until the guy opened fire, then they’d be in the next county.... grin

Mine too!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Kinda the way I feel, when some "dog lover" doesn't clean up his dog's crap!
You haven't lived, until you've hit a fresh dog turd with a weed eater!
People are pigs!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by steve4102
74-Year-Old Golfer Opens Fire on Man Walking Dog on Delray Beach Golf Course, Beats Him with Club

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...y-beach-golf-course-beats-him-with-club/

A 74-year-old golfer lost his mind on Sunday when he saw a man walking his dog on Delray Beach, Florida, golf course, but he didn’t just yell at the guy. Instead, he reportedly broke out a gun and started shooting at him. Then he attacked with a club when he ran out of ammo.
laugh About the reverse of a scene from the movie "Falling Down"..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Some people have no idea the golf course is private property and not some public park... or they actually do know but don't care, think they have pedestrian rights. Dog walkers, families strolling around, kids playing, even pushing baby strollers.

They are all dumbfounded when you yell down for them to get off the course from the tee, or flip you off.

If they don't move I just tee up and hit off and let the ball bounce as it may. Odds are slim hitting anyone but you might get lucky.

No need to shoot anyone...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some dog owners are just as much azzholes as golfers and even cyclists, if you can believe it. We visit the cemetery in Leesbug, VA a few times a year and they’ve had to post signs to keep dog walkers from using the place as canine toilets.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 673, 99Ozarks, 22 invisible), 961 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,250
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.